install 17A405

Derek12

10 posts in this topic

I have installed High Sierra (build 17A365) and got an update (probably 17A405 which solves the disk bug, I downloaded and restarted then message on black screen appeared then rebooted

macOS booted as always without installing anything and now App Store says I do not have any updates but I am still on 17A365

Any help on how to install 17A405 would be appreciated. Many thanks.

I have installed High Sierra (build 17A365) and got an update (probably 17A405 which solves the disk bug, I downloaded and restarted then message on black screen appeared then rebooted

macOS booted as always without installing anything and now App Store says I do not have any updates but I am still on 17A365

Any help on how to install 17A405 would be appreciated. Many thanks.

After ur update files downloaded then mach reboot; there's should to be a new "Entry" appears on Clover boot screen for completing the process. Just boot from it till succeeded. Good luck.  :)

• Like 1

Many Thanks I had to boot from macos installer and it updated successfully

(now I have to fix a black screen after Apple logo after installing Nvidia web drivers :D )

Congrats for succeeded update.

There're some workarrounds from "Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra" thread to fix blackscreen issue; but 1st you may try to boot with "nv_disable=1", completely uninstall the old one then install a new web driver that compatible with your macOS version & it's build. Good luck again..

• Like 1

Congrats for succeeded update.

There're some workarrounds from "Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra" thread to fix blackscreen issue; but 1st you may try to boot with "nv_disable=1", completely uninstall the old one then install a new web driver that compatible with your macOS version & it's build. Good luck again..

nv_disable=1 doesn't work, nor safe mode, nor anything , it now sometimes reboots after Apple logo and in verbose mode, a console message saying IOConsoleUsers keeps flickering., othertimes the screen just goes black. WOW never had any issue with nvidia web drivers, I will watch the Nvidia web driver thread and see if more people have this!. 

The only different thing is that the installer throw a error in the middle but I just let it to continue

I think the next thing is a reinstall and avoid installing nvidia drivers until a solution is available  :whistle:

• Like 1

Hello, 

I have the same problem after my last Highe Sierra update..

Have you found a solution?

Finally I found a way to cope with it, properly.

First I put back my time machine backup.

Then I used SuperDuper! to copy the system to a spare drive with shared users and apps. (This used only about 30GB from the spare drive and not the full 1TB of my fusion drive)

Installed the update there (as a package from apple download). However, it took me some tweaks to get in running. After the update installer starts, with the first reboot, I deactivated all my drives from the fusion drive, which contains also my user profiles. This was to make the spare drive the only existing drive. (I had "missing OSInstall.mpkg" error when the fusion drive was still present!)

With this the update went through smoothly and with the next reboot, I activated the fusion drive again.

Tested the updated installation at the spare drive. (This time copy/paste stayed alive.)

With SuperDuper! in "copy all" / "smart update" mode, I could finally copy back all updated files to the main fusion drive.

Finally mission completed...