GTX 1080 g1 gaming is a good choice for High Sierra?

aleatorio

6 posts in this topic

Hello friends, first, sorry my bad english. So, i´m came here today because i want know if the video card Geforce GTX 1080 g1 gaming 8 GB is a good choice for hackintosh but i'm afraid because this video card is very expensive, and i use the hackintosh for my work, and i want to use for games too, so i need assurance about the video card. And just one more question: what´s the ketxs necessary for install this card?

My friends, thanks a lot for your time, and i hope make a good choice with your help for buy my card.

One more time, thanks for all attention!!!

My config: H170M-PLUS/BR / Intel core i5 3.00GHz 7º generation / 4GB ddr4 / currently video card: ATI Radeon HD 6850

Sistem: Sierra 10.12.6

As a Mac game developer/porter I'd definitely right now say NO if you want to _game_ in macOS. It might change in future (Jan 2018) when eGPU support will be official. But so far Metal on Nvidia is bad. period. Right now you should stick to AMD cards for Mac gaming.

For anything outside of gaming (OpenCL/CUDA/etc) I can't firmly say and other people should provide more info. Last time I checked Vega cards showed remarkable results.

As a Mac game developer/porter I'd definitely right now say NO if you want to _game_ in macOS. It might change in future (Jan 2018) when eGPU support will be official. But so far Metal on Nvidia is bad. period. Right now you should stick to AMD cards for Mac gaming.

For anything outside of gaming (OpenCL/CUDA/etc) I can't firmly say and other people should provide more info. Last time I checked Vega cards showed remarkable results.

Hi my friend, thanks for your help. About the gaming, I want to do a dual boot with hack and windows, the hack for work and windows for gamer. So, if I use the Sierra 10.12.6 while the Nvidia driver is not released, what do you think about it my friend. Again, thanks for your attention and sorry my bad English!!!

Pascal drivers are out for any Sierra release, also High Sierra is working well

I can talk about premiere pro and davinci resolve software which work at their best

Cuda for high sierra needs a little plist modify but with this is fully working with those apps

If you use those software also with cinema4d or adobe after effects nvidia pascal cards are a perfect choice

Also with a near zero support from apple at this moment

video editors to my work, so I want buy this video card because I saw that is a good card, but I need a guarantee if this card it´s a good choice for hack. Have you ever seen anybody with this card ?? If yes, what i need to install for make a good job in the hack? My friend, I don´t know if I can explain my situation well because my english is very bad, but I hope you understood my point. So, one more time, thanks, a lot for your attention and your time

I have had previously card you are evaluating..it is working well in Sierra and in High Sierra

You have a no native support and you have to install Nvidia web driver to have all full functionality

It Works well

Maybe if you use software like Finalcut you can evaluate a Amd gfx which have a better opencl support

With cuda app i would prefer a GTX Pascal! :-)

Hi my friend. Thank´s for your answer. I will buy this video card (gtx 1080 g1 gaming), but I want ask you about the config plist. I need to change something specifics for the card or just need install the web drivers? Thank´s for your attention!!

In config.plist you have to add nvidiaweb=true (you can do it in clover configurator)

Other thing (very important) is to use in clover/kext/other lilu.kext and nvidiafixup.kext which help to have a working system if you need to patch policy (SMBIOS related)

In SMBIOS macPro 6.1 you need otherwise you will have a black screen

Hi my friend, how are you? Thank´s a lot for your answer about gtx 1080 g1 gaming. So I just have one question about the last topic you mention about the SMBIOS. So, I need to put in my hack a sistem upper than 6.1? One more thing, I searched about and I found this kexts: NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext / NVwebDriverLibValFix.kext /
CodecCommander.kext and o the installer web driver. Install web drive, but don´t reboot, download and apply the AGDPfix and after reboot the hack. What do you think about this information?? So my friend, thank´s a lot for your help again!!!