Easy way to install macOS High Sierra on EVGA SR-2

shaanky98

7 posts in this topic

This is how I managed to install macOS High Sierra on EVGA SR-2, X5690x2, GTX580, 48GB (6x8GB) 1333HMZ ECC RAM (memory is showing as 32GB instead)

Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_23_49_39.png

- you will need at least 8GB USD flash drive

Step 1

Download 10.13 from App Store into applications folder 

Step 2

Download Disk Maker X

Step 3

Create 10.13 installer USB using Disk Maker X, follow instructions - this process will take a while (15mins or more)

Step 4

After the the installer USB has been created, install Clover. 

Customize

- Install Clover in the ESP

- Bootloader => Install boot0af in MBR

- CloverEFI 64-bits SATA

- Themes => (your choice)

Step 5

Add required kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others (here is the kext that I used HighSierraKexts.zip

Step 6

Add apfs.efi  to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

--------from here you can boot to the USB install and follow instructions,  your system will reboot always remember to boot to the USB and then select the correct driver. After booting to your new OS, install clover to the main driver using the same procedure as above.

Please note that I did not need kext for LAN and Audio because I have compatible PCIe cards. The system is stable.

Good Luck!

Screen_Shot_2017_10_07_at_00_57_25.png

===

Update:

The system now reads correct memory. I followed the Motherboard installation guide on page 21(Installing DIMMs). The last option for Six DIMMs: If using more than 4 DIMMs, use: DIMM slots 2, 1, 4, and 3 then proceed to occupy the following DIMM slots in this order: 6 and 5

I've also noticed that if the computer goes to sleep it completely shuts down instead.

• Like 2

I don't use Clover at all but I followed your suggests to try a brand new installation considering of course the system differences. The problem is that installation starts then screen goes black so I can't go on. With Enoch I have my old 560 Ti perfectly working with GraphicsEnabler= Yes. Don't know what I'm doing wrong with Clover since it's arab for me. Any advice could be really useful for me. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I don't use Clover at all but I followed your suggests to try a brand new installation considering of course the system differences. The problem is that installation starts then screen goes black so I can't go on. With Enoch I have my old 560 Ti perfectly working with GraphicsEnabler= Yes. Don't know what I'm doing wrong with Clover since it's arab for me. Any advice could be really useful for me. Thanks in advance.

Did you put your kexts files in: CLOVER/kexts/OTHER ?

Did you put your kexts files in: CLOVER/kexts/OTHER ?

Yes I did but concerning graphics I never put anything. I suppose maybe it looks for IGP that I have off in BIOS (HD 3000) and not on PEG. But as I said I don't know anything about Clover settings. 

What version of OS X is currently installed on your system. I been busy the last few wks but when I get sometime I will attempt to install on my X58 motherboard (via Enoch) which currently has Sierra and post a guide. 

• 2 years later...