Shuffling silence of the darkened

McSkywalker

11 posts in this topic

you want any recommendations?

First what renderer are you using, it would also help if you ramped up the AA and turn on final gather if you want realistic light (this is for mental ray). i can help you if you want with other renderers (PRMAN, Brazil, vray, maxwell)

Hi Kiko, it's good to know that you're intrested in 3D, too.

I see I had to provide some info on it. It is a test render from the project and the AA level was not at the best quality. I want the environment to be dark and disturbing. I modeled the structure you see in the scene in Sketchup - it makes the modeling process of the geometrical objects pretty easy. Then I took it into Carrara, which is my current main 3D application for animating, texturing and rendering. It gives quite decent results with global illumination options.

As the project progresses, I'm planning to add in some "Silent Hill" style creatures. I have some experience with Zbrush and I don't think that it will be a major problem with it. I also plan to add some humans, and flying speeders, etc.

Some stuff I previously produced in Zbrush:

post-58609-1163475865_thumb.jpg post-58609-1163475893_thumb.jpg

And also a speeder I've modeled in Hexagon, I can use this with older - looking textures:

post-58609-1163475978_thumb.jpgpost-58609-1163476155_thumb.jpg

I'm quite interested in Pixar's renderman, but I haven't tried it yet. It obviously gives stunning results, but is it fast? Have you tried it with indirect lighting and so?

PS. Thanks for your interest :)

hmm, carrerra ftl, sorry to say. Get 3ds Max or Maya, and try Modo, its awseom for modelling. and PRMAN is fast, hell its fast. i love it :D, i rendered this image in prman in 10< minutes on my pc

7.jpg

Note thats a tutorial ^^

I also have 3ds Max installed but I just have been using Carrara since the days it was called "Infini-d" and it's like a habit to me. :D

Anyway, I'm definitely giving a try to PRMAN.. Thanx for the feedback :D

another quick question, how long did it take to model cause it looks pretty awesome

Thank you, the modeling took about 20 minutes. Sketchup makes it pretty easy to make tessellations and divisions.

And thank you too, labria.

Thanks Maclord :) Nice to see you here at last!

So you consider 28 to be a young age, eh?

What up with the Fate of Doleon btw?

May the (dark side) of the Force be with you!