MSI X299 SLI Plus and Intel 7820X: installation and post installation steps

slurpi

205 posts in this topic

you are very near to your goal!:-)

if it does not work and you have same error , maybe many tries have corrupted installation files

in that case boot in regular macOS and delete macosinstall folder and re-download upgrade

have you deleted macosinstaldata folder from your disk root and re-downloaded update again?

I don't know that kernel patch so I can advice. I would not use it ...but I don't know

I tried the above suggestions but unfortunately the same outcome as the image before. 

I have added in the Kernel patch that Matthew suggested but maybe I should take that out? 

Hi, 

Yes deleted and resinstalled from terminal. After deleting and rebooting not even App Store recognizes the new supplemental update. Only way I can get it now is via terminal. I will try the combo updater now as a last resort. 

I think 10.13.3 will be out very soon so hopefully that will install with more luck. 

error you post few posts ago it is very common and it is solved with method I say you but if you did how I say maybe files was corrupted from all tries you did before to launch installation from correct macosinstall icon..

sorry!

This is very possible! I trust you are correct so I will just wait for now and hopefully not get backdoored in the next week or two before 10.13.3 is released. 

if it doesn't install either then I will try fresh install and download everything once more. 

thanks again!

I forgot an important thing

In some system to avoid that error you have to delete also emuvariable64uefi.efi driver if you have installed it on clover/driver64uefi

To answer my own question: 

If I don't replace the emuvariable64.efi none of the settings in Clover options are saved. So when applying 'nvidia graphics' for example, I still load into VESA. Once It's reapplied in EFI, the options are saved correctly. 

Happy we find a solution for you

if you want post config.plist and kext are you using

in my case it is not necessary to use that driver because clover could inject well all needed to start with full acceleration

also, you should have NVRam working vanilla in your hardware.. I am not sure because I have not tested directly

Fabiosun,

Thanks for the offer and I've attached my config.plist and screenshot of kexts used. 

I'm happy to move into SMBIOS iMacpro also if you think that would help and any suggestions on how I should that without killing my machine would be great. 

I think if I load SMBIOS iMacPro and delete a couple of kernel patches in clover along with deleting the graphicsfix.kext / lilu.kext it should work ok? I'd like the have native XCPM management too. 

Let me know what you think and I appreciate your help on this.

post-1675640-0-60678100-1516729672.png

config_bck.plist.zip

First answer with version of OSX have you installed? this one (17C2205)

If you stay @ 17C205 or 17C88 or 17C89 you can't use  IMACPRO 1.1 Smbios without modifying platformsupport.plist

So if you are not confident on these steps stay and be happy with your system!

or do a backup first! :)

Fabiosun,

Thanks for the offer and I've attached my config.plist and screenshot of kexts used. 

I'm happy to move into SMBIOS iMacpro also if you think that would help and any suggestions on how I should that without killing my machine would be great. 

I think if I load SMBIOS iMacPro and delete a couple of kernel patches in clover along with deleting the graphicsfix.kext / lilu.kext it should work ok? I'd like the have native XCPM management too. 

Let me know what you think and I appreciate your help on this.

two main problem in your config

one related to nvram

and one to a duplicate patch you use in kernel to patch and in kext to patch

10.13.3 is out :-)

Thanks for the response. 

I'm on 17C205.  If it's not a difficult mod I'd be comfortable fixing it I think.

What are the issues I should change exactly? 

It is out! I'll read up on somethings first before updating. 

Any suggestions at your end do let me know too!

remember it depends from the osx version you start :) I see now your message

you have to add Imacpro 1.1 board in plattformsupport.plist

Just cloning my boot drive then taking the plunge. Once I update I'll hit up the iMacPro SMBIOS and see what happens...

Edited by Guest

Just cloning my boot drive then taking the plunge. Once I update I'll hit up the iMacPro SMBIOS and see what happens...

I think it's worth doing - 

do a clean imac pro install on your other drive with the imac pro install package, then migrate your stuff.

That way you won't need to modify your plattformsupport.plist.

Keep your old install for a bit! I noticed that my parallels doesn't work on the imac Pro, so I had to run up the old install, remove the parallels tools from the windows VM and then convert it to Virtualbox, which does work with imac Pro.

sorry I miss also these in exciting 10.13.3 updating

You are using 10.13 essential update patch in kext to patch and in kernel to patch section 

In my opinion you do not need both of then and I don't know exactly their scope

Then, remember your problem without emuefivariable and gfx VESA mode (no acceleration without it)

For this you must enabled Nvidiaweb flag in system parameters

then you can have a system with or without emuvariable64 driver...

Thanks for the response. 

I'm on 17C205.  If it's not a difficult mod I'd be comfortable fixing it I think.

What are the issues I should change exactly? 

It is out! I'll read up on somethings first before updating. 

Any suggestions at your end do let me know too!

Surf, 

Thanks for that. I plan to update to 10.13.3 then make an iMac pro install package and try what you say. 

Can you tell me where I can download this iMac Pro specific package? 

thanks,

I temporarily used the plattformsupport.plist and ran imac pro SMBIOS, on a modified EFI on one of the drives. That let me update to the other drive doing a clean install.

Then I went back and reverted the plattformsupport.plist.

So now I have 17,3 on one drive and the native 1,1 on the other drive.

It sounds clumsy, but that's the way I do things :D

Once I'm totally happy with all my software and the stability of the Imac Pro I'll go back to cloning to my spare drive in case of emergencies.

Because I'm paranoid, in the meantime I'm cloning the last known reliable setup to an old USB drive.

• Like 1

no you have to install always NvidiaWeb driver

if you follow Nvidia web driver for High Sierra thread you can find easily many ways to use old driver till Nvidia will not produce newer version for 10.13.3

10.13.3 (17D47) update went fine. 

Now just need to wait for Nvidia to sort out the web driver as I'm in VESA Mode. 

If I was to update SMBIOS to iMacPro can I use 1070 out the box without waiting for webdrivers?