USB 3.0 devices not working in 3.0 ports

3vilution

8 posts in this topic

I have a z270 asrock mobo, and have everything working but the USB 3.0 ports.

Well, the USB 3.0 ports work, but only with 2.0 devices plugged in.

My 3.0 device can also be plugged into the 2.0 port and work as well. 

Even my usb c port works, but only 2.0 device.

I have the following kexts in my Kext/other folder in clover:

XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

Any help would be appreciated.

I ended up figuring it out. I updated the kernel and kext patches with appleusbxhcipci new values for 10.13 as well as downloaded the newest USBinjectall.kext.

The one little thing that made the difference though was making sure that under Match OS that it read 10.13.x not 10.12.x. Saved and rebooted. Full USB 3 working.

Has anyone figured out a fix for USB 3.0 on z97 "9-series" boards? My USB 3.0 comes and goes. Strange i know. Wont work on boot but seem to work after machine wakes from sleep. Currently tried FakePCIID and FakePCIDXMux.kext method, GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and USBInjectALL with the 200 series kext to patch method. Still the same output. Any ideas???

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out a fix for USB 3.0 on z97 "9-series" boards? My USB 3.0 comes and goes. Strange i know. Wont work on boot but seem to work after machine wakes from sleep. Currently tried FakePCIID and FakePCIDXMux.kext method, GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and USBInjectALL with the 200 series kext to patch method. Still the same output. Any ideas???

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem