• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gregow

Gregow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Updated to High Sierra and installed the latest webdrivers from nVidia. I'm using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS so I need the agdpfix to avoid black screen issues.

When booting with nv_disable=1 I get the "GeForceSensors: still waiting for accelerator..." message. Booting with the webdrivers seems to resolve that issue, but I'm booting into a black screen so that doesn't really help...

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

My system:

Asus X99-A

Asus STRIX 1080Ti

Gregow

Gregow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Well, here´s to focusing too much on the problem so you fail to see the most obvious solution: Change SMBIOS, boot and run agdpfix. Switch back.

Still, it´s a bit of a cumbersome solution for the next time I update the drivers. If you have any ideas what´s causing this issue I would still like to hear them.

captain-j

captain-j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Well, here´s to focusing too much on the problem so you fail to see the most obvious solution: Change SMBIOS, boot and run agdpfix. Switch back.

Still, it´s a bit of a cumbersome solution for the next time I update the drivers. If you have any ideas what´s causing this issue I would still like to hear them.

You've got the GeforceSensors kext installed somewhere (from HWSensors). I suspect the kext is having issues if you disable the web drivers and it can't detect anything.

Gregow

Gregow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

You've got the GeforceSensors kext installed somewhere (from HWSensors). I suspect the kext is having issues if you disable the web drivers and it can't detect anything.

Ah, thank you! It's the FakeSMC/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext, right?

captain-j

captain-j

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Ah, thank you! It's the FakeSMC/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext, right?

Yes, that'll be the one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy