[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

fantomas

149 posts in this topic

I first see. I don't have any issue when update beta4. I just directly updated beta4 from appstore

Did you try to clear nvram?

Oops, nevermind.. it seems that my unstable network connection caused this issue, and.. after checking installer.log I just realized that *.pkg it self found data corruption while extracting. I simply did another test on another laptop with same build for updating with same offline *.pkg, also replacing with new RAM module, but same results. I think need to check my laptop HDD too, so it' s not related to bootloader or nvram but my HW. Thanks anyway.  :rolleyes:

Seems you have to report this problem to slice with preboot.log

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I couldn't replicate the problem.  I put my custom kexts from the Other folder into the 10.13 folder and it booted normally.  Maybe next update I'll think ahead and hit F2 when booting with problems.

Guest ricoc90

I once again had trouble installing the new 10.13.1 beta update.  It was caused by Clover not injecting the kexts in the 10.13 folder.  Here's the preboot log:

attachicon.gifpreboot.log.zip

i reported the same issue in the Clover thread. Clover doesn't pick up the macOS version from the installer, thus no injection from 10.13

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13.1 (17B46a)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.2.0

Boot Volume: macOS

Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Disabled

Time since boot: 8 minutes

CUDA Driver Version: 9.0.214

GPU Driver Version: 10.25.28 378.10.10.10.15.120

Ozmosis 1.03.167X-CPWN

APFS.efi

• Like 1

I tired to update to beta 10.13.1 but no luck how do you do it? I download from App Store it restarts then nothing

Mac is couldn’t not be installed in your computer error

I’m running ryzen so I plugged my hard drive back to my intel machine download the beta. It restarted then in clover a new drive came out named update. Booted that waited got into the screen and it installed. Had to booted my other drive to make disk edits for it to work again lol

Works good

post-1941593-0-77021900-1509086245_thumb.jpeg

My way of updating its like this: Terminal>sudo softwareupdate -ia, patch nvdriverweb.kext latest build. Boot update install with SIP off using clover, then repair permissions and boot successfully on Ozmosis with SIP 0x67.

So far iTunes (v12.7.0.166) seems to have stopped crashing for me in 17B46a build; crossing my fingers.

Did you get checksum error before?

Its random crash. Did you test itunes long time?

My hp 4230s sandy laptop doesnt have itune crash.

Strangely, only happen on skylake laptop...

Did you get checksum error before?

Its random crash. Did you test itunes long time?

My hp 4230s sandy laptop doesnt have itune crash.

Strangely, only happen on skylake laptop...

Never looked deeply into it beyond the "App quit unexpectedly" error dialog. Typically seemed to happen shortly after opening it and switching to another open application. If iTunes managed to stay open for awhile, it appeared to remain stable.

Logs from the last iTunes crash event show "… com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.iTunes.43896[13191]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11 sent by exc handler[0]"

Beyond that, all I know is that it was happening to me since iTunes 12.7 was released.