macOS High Sierra GM: The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

Professor

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I had this problem with the betas, it had been fixed.

On first attempt I got a firmware error on installing, but putting apfs.efi from GM into Clover fixed this.

But now I get this The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged error when I get to the installer of the official macOS high Sierra installer.

Anybody with a tip how to solve that?

:-)

• Like 1

Hi, I had this problem with the betas, it had been fixed.

On first attempt I got a firmware error on installing, but putting apfs.efi from GM into Clover fixed this.

But now I get this The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged error when I get to the installer of the official macOS high Sierra installer.

Anybody with a tip how to solve that?

:-)

Install only OsxAptioFixDrv2 in Clover Drives. Use Clover Configurator to unistall others drives.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Sorry Vinicius, I tried this, installed only OsxAptioFix2Drv and removed OsxAptioFixDrv. Then I disconnected all HD, SSD, with only the installation disk connected, no chance. still this dreadful error.

Try to update the SMBIOS using the clover configurator. It looks like a lot of new firmware came out. If you are unsuccessful, see this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324932-osinstallmpkg-not-found/

Sorry for hijacking the topic, but I’m stuck in the same situation for days now. Updating the SMBIOS didn’t solve the issue. Installing from an USB thumbdrive (made with createimstallmdedia). Latest Clover et all. Never had such a difficult installation before with an Intel system! What more can I do? Thank you in advance.

P.S.: my sig is almost updated, but I’m using iMac 14,2 (using the updated SMBIOS for it)

P.P.S.: deleted the nvram plist file inside EFI

P.P.P.S.: it’s a clean install to a SSD!

P.P.P.P.S.: legacy Clover EFI, I don’t like UEFI boot at all.