Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

What version of OS X are you using? I have experienced that freezing problem with a broadcom card, which is/was fully supported. Not only that, but it worked at first, and then it just started freezing. I suggest you try that driver on different platforms, it just might work. It's time to beta test.

-KillerLoop

hey dlbogdan,

is the driver in any way dependant on os x 10.4.3+? Since i still cant install anything higher than 10.4.1. But incase u implemented the required ieee80211 routines yourself and it doesnt depend on third party kexts (which are only included in 10.4.3+ IO80211Family or such) then i see no difficulty for me developing in an 10.4.1 environment.

I do wish there was some way you could release the code though, since i'm going to get an intel ibook (which is due 1. april?) the moment its released.. and was planning on selling my centrino book.. and quite frankly i see no reason why releasing the code via email would pose any problem.

anyways.. i'll try to remain patient :(

tuxx

Ey Guys,

I've got the following problem, with the directions on this forum I've managed to compile the driver but when I type ./load I get the following error:

...../iwi2200/build/Default/iwi2200.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

It happens when I build as root and as a user.

Anybody knows the solution for this problem?

ohhh yahh if this driver is going to work, it will make my day so easy :hysterical:.. but planing to by en MacBook Pro 1,8 in the next month... weeee... ;)

Do you know which trick to use with Suse Linux 10.0 to make WIFI centrino works with Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG ipw-firmware???

Dude, this is about osx, not suse. Plus, your babbling. It's Intel centrino, and the Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG is a wificard. Wifi centrino does not exist.

Dude, this is about osx, not suse. Plus, your babbling. It's Intel centrino, and the Intel ® PRO/Wireless 2200BG is a wificard. Wifi centrino does not exist.

Uhm, no, that's not right. Centrino is a supposed "platform" which includes the mobile cpu, the mobile chipset that integrates with the cpu and the wireless interface. So technically, there is a "centrino wifi", it is simply the wifi component of the centrino platform. However, since there are multiple versions of centrino you'd have to be a bit more specific to figure out what "centrino wifi" actually means.

BTW, the Intel 2200BG is part of the "centrino wifi" family because essentially all current PRO/Wireless devices are part of the centrino platform. I'm pretty sure that most of the centrino wifi implementations share a common API, like all things Intel related.

Uhm, no, that's not right. Centrino is a supposed "platform" which includes the mobile cpu, the mobile chipset that integrates with the cpu and the wireless interface. So technically, there is a "centrino wifi", it is simply the wifi component of the centrino platform. However, since there are multiple versions of centrino you'd have to be a bit more specific to figure out what "centrino wifi" actually means.

BTW, the Intel 2200BG is part of the "centrino wifi" family because essentially all current PRO/Wireless devices are part of the centrino platform. I'm pretty sure that most of the centrino wifi implementations share a common API, like all things Intel related.

I was afraid of someone going to say that. I could mkae this discussion longer, but you have to agree with me that suse and installing ipw2200 on suse have nothing to do with this thread.

I've got a petition many many users

who have donated $$ for the completion of this project

There is an award out there for $500

for the first person/group to compile

a working driver for the MAC OS X86

that is compatible with 10.4.X

Preferbably with 10.4.5

However earlier version will work as well

The driver will need to work with the

Intel Pro 2915 ABG Card, as well

as support WEP

Let the Games begin : )

Please post your progress.

From what I've read it doesn't seem like there is anything yet.

I agree with vanja post your source, you've only got 14 posts and that doesnt say much for credibility. I hope you are being truthful but damnit theres so many pimply faced kids who want to feel cool by posting {censored} accomplishments and out and out lies

I agree with vanja post your source, you've only got 14 posts and that doesnt say much for credibility. I hope you are being truthful but damnit theres so many pimply faced kids who want to feel cool by posting {censored} accomplishments and out and out lies

lol, since when do make more post you more credible.

Give the guy a break. If his work is in the legal grey area, he might not want his work to be backtraced to himself.

Just because you guys can't wait doesn't mean he is fake. Offcourse, nothing is proven untill he actually posts something, but saying he is for real, or fake, is not possible, if you want to base that argument on facts.

In other words, you guys are spamming. look at it from a different side, if he is real, you guys might scare him away with those petty comments.