Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

wow I keep looking at this thread for news and there's nothing still not even a "hello I'm still alive and here's the source code for what I've done so far" that would be super but for now I'm feeling teased like when my gf sticks her tongue in my ear it's frustrating!

dlbogdan, hmm that sucks... well patience is virtue. Problem is that its hard to tell the difference sometimes between the people hanging around these forums posting {censored} achievements to feel cool or something and those who really actively are working on things.. i hope your the latter :idea:

btw.. if you have any possibility of simply taring up the source, you can email it to me i'll gladly commit it on sourceforge... i mean even italy has internet i'm sure :angry:

or alternatively i can add you as a dev to the sourceforge site so u can upload yourself.

you'll find my email in the PM i sent you..

greets,

tuxx

the iee80211 framework is now complete and fully functional on 2200 BG. I'm not sure why, but as soon as a few packets gets _RECEIVED_ the computer freezes! I don't know hot to debug this. it seems that is stopping at random instructions. After i get to bucharest i'm gonna upload the sources and maybe tuxxx or anybody can help me.

Sounds great man!

now its time to keep the source closed and to make some fast bucks on this right dlbogdan? :idea:

hehe just kidding

well cool.. i really am excited to see some ieee80211 :angry:

tuxx

Sounds great man!

now its time to keep the source closed and to make some fast bucks on this right dlbogdan? :idea:

hehe just kidding

well cool.. i really am excited to see some ieee80211 :angry:

tuxx

I don't need fast bucks... i just need time for my projects. Please do understand all of you that this is something i do for passion. I don't NEED to create some Intel wifi driver for Mac OS X. The time i already put on this project cost me a lot but it doesn't really matter. I love programming.

[ieeE80211 :).... sorry for the mistake]

Stay tuned!

lol kiphaas 7 ... i think this driver would solve a HUGE problems for everyone using centrino based laptops with PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915 which im sure a lot of ppl have...

being connected to my router via ethernet cable is no fun :)

but seriously, all goes out to Tuxx who first started this and everyone who picked it up... and now with the good news from dlbodgan... it feels like theres light at the end of the tunnel :D

alright, really, time to shutup :P

great news ! every notebook has a 2200B/G wifi embedded into his centrino :)

that will rock

not quite true there are 3 different wireless nics that I know of that can be included in a centrino platform the 2100, the 2200, and the 2915... hopefully they will all be supported eventually though

Don't get TOO excited .... i didn't manage to solve the freezing bug.

I hope the company won't get my laptop till i finnish this. Cuz if they do, i'll be asking for a mac book pro instead...

But hey, maybe tuxx or someone else could find the bug if it's the case...

Cheers...

Don't get TOO excited .... i didn't manage to solve the freezing bug.

I hope the company won't get my laptop till i finnish this. Cuz if they do, i'll be asking for a mac book pro instead...

But hey, maybe tuxx or someone else could find the bug if it's the case...

Cheers...

Thanks for putting forth the effort, even if it isn't a perfect solution. I can't wait to see the progress.