Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200B/2915

tuxx

383 posts in this topic

well, I would help if I had any OSX coding experience. But, I'd like to say everyone here appreciates anybody writing drivers, so good luck.

By the way, its probably not advisable to develop for 10.4.1. For compatibility issues, you may find the latest (10.4.5/10.4.6) versions are best.

@urby3:

well yes.. i have ALWAYS said that i hate coding alone... The core part of this driver was written by me and another person nicknamed lousyphreak who disappeared one fine day without a word or contact address... Over the months I've recieved alot of help offers of which most werent meant seriously.. and for the last 2 months i've had exams.

I really am interrested in getting this to work, I just wish I could work together with others.

/es why dont u take a look at the linux-wlan-ng and ipw2200 driver sources yourself so that you can code us a driver in a heartbeat? you genius...

REAL MATURE.

Just gives me more of a reason why I'm not surprised this project is going nowhere.

claiming that you would code an ieee80211 framework in a heartbeat eventho you dont even know wtf that is.. thats just pathetic man

CLAIMING?? I made no such claim of my knowledge of IEEE802.11. Did you even bother to READ what I wrote to you originally? It said the word if.

LEARN TO READ before you hit that reply button next time.

Well, folks, once again the best attempts to improve on hardware support have turned into a quagmire of pointlessness.. I am loth to close development threads, because they are a ray of hope to what could be a brighter future.

This, however has ceased to be any of the above, hence CLOSED

p.s. if anyone intends to start a serious thread on driver development, a pm to myself or one of the other mods at the outset may help prevent such degeneration..