macOS High Sierra - Final Release is out! (17A365)

Allan
426 posts in this topic

Does the restore BaseSystem method still work with 10.13? Seen a lot of posts using that method with the missing or corrupt OSInstall.mpkg error. 

No it doesn't work anymore, only createinstallmedia or startosinstall method works.

as @camillionario stated on some systems having the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi can also cause the OSInstall.mpkg error.

Hello and thanks for all..

Installing hs went smooth in my hack .. dell skl hd 520 as on my signature . but i am having the power after sleep doesn't work. when closing the lid or click sleep .. only black screen shown .. i can hear the ding sound when clicking spacebar  which means the system is working but the display is not working after sleep .. i posted this problem since hs pb 8 ,

Waiting any reply .. with regards.

No it doesn't work anymore, only createinstallmedia or startosinstall method works.

as @camillionario stated on some systems having the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi can also cause the OSInstall.mpkg error.

Ahh that's an issue for AMD. Can startosinstall be used to install to another partition/drive?

Ahh that's an issue for AMD. Can startosinstall be used to install to another partition/drive?

Yes !

Also used for Install any Mac Packages

with a respects permissions and authorizations
Exemple here of Install Package

--installpackage /Users/Shared/MyPackages.pkg --nointeraction

Yes !

Also used for Install any Mac Packages

with a respects permissions and authorizations
Exemple here of Install Package

--installpackage /Users/Shared/MyPackages.pkg --nointeraction

So if I were to install the Core.pkg how would I point that to another volume? I tried running the OSInstall from Sierra but I don't think it worked correctly as I've noticed some 10.12 files were used.

Hey @chris1111, what's your method to create a USB install media for High Sierra?

Your tools are great!  ^_^

Thanks

See Private message  :)

So if I were to install the Core.pkg how would I point that to another volume? I tried running the OSInstall from Sierra but I don't think it worked correctly as I've noticed some 10.12 files were used.

I don't think core.pkg working in the Release ?

• Like 1

I made a new macOS High Sierra HD for the release 10.13

APFS or HFS+

but video is not complete  :P

I made a new macOS High Sierra HD for the release 10.13

APFS or HFS+

but video is not complete  :P

That'll help out :P My current issue is getting stuck on IOConsole something before the login window. I'm sure it just didn't install correctly.

I personally use the createistallemedia it works pretty much the same as the older BaseSystem method:

just use this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  —nointeraction

I haven't tested the startinstall method yet

• Like 2

That'll help out :P My current issue is getting stuck on IOConsole something before the login window. I'm sure it just didn't install correctly.

I  send you the link and the video tomorrow, you and spakk  B)

I personally use the createistallemedia it works pretty much the same as the older BaseSystem method:

just use this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  —nointeraction

I haven't tested the startinstall method yet

createinstallmedia doesn't work on AMD systems :(

I  send you the link and the video tomorrow, you and spakk  B)

Thanks mate. 

That just adds the installer files to the HDD correct? Seems that's what Pandora's box does too.

Yeah, I suppose the startinstall method is the first stage of the actual installation of macOS High Sierra where macOS Installer extracts the installation files from the installer app to the target volume. I haven't used Pandora either I'm not sure about that part. 

Does the restore BaseSystem method still work with 10.13? Seen a lot of posts using that method with the missing or corrupt OSInstall.mpkg error. 

Yes, it still works with some changes - see post#13.  Credit to @crazybirdy for his Disk1mbrInstaller technique :).

It can be used as a last resort when your system can't boot with the vanilla pre-linked kernel eg AMD system that requires custom kernel, older systems that have SATA issues and need to replace AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 with v328.  Another advantage is that you can add @crazybirdy's patched OSInstaller to bypass High Sierra's firmware verification routine and MBR checks.

• Like 2