macOS High Sierra - Final Release is out! (17A365)

Allan
426 posts in this topic

2e36985e17b113cbd5682bbedcb8de04.png

The final release of macOS Sierra are available to download.

You can download it from App Store.

You can consult the list of useful tips created by @fantomas:

Soon we'll have the methods to create a Penboot to all Hacks.

You can use the createinstallmedia, and after the process been concluded just install Clover in your Pendrive. ;)

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  —nointeraction
EDIT: The list above will be constantly been updated as we got new methods and fixes.

Click here to view the article

• Like 11

I guess there are a few details that we already knew, right?

• New in macOS 10.13 - APFS support. The OS Installer will automatically convert your system/root volume to APFS as a part of the installation process. The following formats are converted to APFS: plain HFS+, CoreStorage, and FileVault encrypted
    • Added support for APFS as a boot volume with full, native EFI support.
    • Added full support for File Vault.
    • Added support for case-insensitive and case-sensitive variants.
    • Added support for an on-disk format change to allow for normalization-insensitive Case Sensitive volumes. This means that file names in either Unicode NFC or NFD will point to the same files.
    • Updated the volume format for APFS to be normalization insensitive. File names in either Unicode NFC or NFD point to the same files.
    • Added backup support for APFS source volumes. The backup destination should still remain HFS+ in this release.
    • APFS supports up to Unicode revision 9 for filenames. HFS+ supported only up to revision 3.2.
    • APFS supports exporting of volumes over SMB and NFS.
  • Like 3

Update went smooth on my ProBook 6470b  :thumbsup_anim:

Will do a clean install on my Optiplex 790 later today  :lol:

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-09-25 om 21.43.19.png

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-09-25 om 21.59.43.png

Your Probook has very similar specs to my HP Envy.  Are you able to change screen brightness?  If so, what method are you using?  

I am able to change screen brightness by using the Generic Brightness kext.  It is the only method that works for me.  The problem is that it causes my laptop to crash and reboot when it wakes from sleep.  Have you encountered anything similar?  Thanks for your input.

Your Probook has very similar specs to my HP Envy. Are you able to change screen brightness? If so, what method are you using?

I am able to change screen brightness by using the Generic Brightness kext. It is the only method that works for me. The problem is that it causes my laptop to crash and reboot when it wakes from sleep. Have you encountered anything similar? Thanks for your input.

I’m using applebacklightinjector.kext + ssdt patch with a on-the-fly kext patch for applebacklight by rehabman. Works perfect for me, no issue whatsoever. Can’t send details tho, due to the forum rules so Please do a Google Search for rehabman applebacklightinjector kext

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi
After having successfully installed all the betas, in the final version it appears this: It was not possible to install macOS on the computer. An error occurred while checking the firmware.
Any idea what that might be?
Thanks

EDIT: Problem solved! I deleted the FF/FFM values ​​on the plist and the firmware errors were over.

Hi

After having successfully installed all the betas, in the final version it appears this: It was not possible to install macOS on the computer. An error occurred while checking the firmware.

Any idea what that might be?

Thanks

Unplug Windows Drive(s) before macOS installation/update !!!

Unplug Windows Drive(s) before macOS installation/update !!!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have any Windows or Windows drive in my system... :blush:

EDIT: Problem solved! I deleted the FF/FFM values ​​on the plist and the firmware errors were over!

I’m using applebacklightinjector.kext + ssdt patch with a on-the-fly kext patch for applebacklight by rehabman. Works perfect for me, no issue whatsoever. Can’t send details tho, due to the forum rules so Please do a Google Search for rehabman applebacklightinjector kext

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'm still struggling to get that method to work.  I have the injector kext and the pnlf-ssdt.  I don't seem to have a Clover patch for it.  That could be my problem.  I'll keep at it.  Good to know it will work once I have it all figured out.

Thanks.  I'm still struggling to get that method to work.  I have the injector kext and the pnlf-ssdt.  I don't seem to have a Clover patch for it.  That could be my problem.  I'll keep at it.  Good to know it will work once I have it all figured out.

The patch:

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight
Comment: change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)
Find: 46257554 25303478 00
Replace: 46257554 78787878 00

Put the injector kext in /L/E rather than clover injection

Make sure your iGPU is at _/SB.PCI0.IGPU

Backlight doesn't work at first reboot, I had to rebuild the kernel cache and reboot again in order to make AppleBacklight.kext to load up

Hi

any firmware version, firmware release date, SMBIOS, etc for MacPro 5,1?

only found for mac pro 6,1 and the smart string of the version in the apple firmware page

the firmware feature/firmware feature mask is not need anymore inclusive with clover 4220 downloaded throught clover-configurator?

greetings

If you leave out the FF/FFM values in your config.plist Clover will auto-fill them (not sure about BIOS string but you could try).

My FF value was out of date and gave me the firmware verify error at first. So I deleted it and let Clover take care of things and the install completed.

• Like 2