• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Morea

Morea

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi everybody! I need some help today: I’m trying to install Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 on my friend’s laptop, which is an Acer Aspire 5250, but that’s quite a difficult task because it’s an AMD CPU. The model is AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (graphics model Radeon HD 6320). I need some help because I can’t boot the installer, when I select my USB from Clover, after the row of pluses in verbose mode instead of showing me all the booting commands it stucks on a black screen and the screen starts flickering along with a continuous beep sound and so I’m unable to get to the installer. Do I need a patched kernel or something else? Are you able to give me some help? Thanks!

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Do I need a patched kernel or something else? Are you able to give me some help?

For the first question: surely, as macOS won't run on AMD cpus OOB. For the second: no, as i don't have any AMD pc.

The real problem is that i don't think sierra will run smoothly on such pc. The cpu is very "basic", so it might be difficult to find patched kernels.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ati, AMD, Radeon, 6320, Acer, Aspire, 5250

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy