Can't get to installer on AMD E-450 APU

Morea

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! I need some help today: I’m trying to install Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 on my friend’s laptop, which is an Acer Aspire 5250, but that’s quite a difficult task because it’s an AMD CPU. The model is AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (graphics model Radeon HD 6320). I need some help because I can’t boot the installer, when I select my USB from Clover, after the row of pluses in verbose mode instead of showing me all the booting commands it stucks on a black screen and the screen starts flickering along with a continuous beep sound and so I’m unable to get to the installer. Do I need a patched kernel or something else? Are you able to give me some help? Thanks!

Do I need a patched kernel or something else? Are you able to give me some help?

For the first question: surely, as macOS won't run on AMD cpus OOB. For the second: no, as i don't have any AMD pc.

The real problem is that i don't think sierra will run smoothly on such pc. The cpu is very "basic", so it might be difficult to find patched kernels.