[HELP NEEDED] ASUS P8Z68-V LX 10.12 SIERRA INSTALLATION AND POST INSTALLATION

moman2000

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am rather new to the hackintosh scene. and being new I need quite a bit of help. 

My dilemma is that I cannot get 10.12 to boot without errors. Clover is a pain to configure for my setup. And lastly, post-installations always break the install.

What I am asking for is help to get me up and running with Sierra on my rig.

My specs (will add to profile sig):

ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Intel Core i5-2500K (SANDYBRIDGE)

Integrated GPU (HD 3000)

4GB Kingston HyperX Blu

Currently I am using a VGA setup but I should receive a set of DVI cables tomorrow. 

I would like to add that others with the same setup have gotten 10.12 Sierra working but for whatever reason I seam unable to.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mohamed

post-1129535-0-09202800-1505940337_thumb.png

post-1129535-0-40734900-1505940352_thumb.png

Could you boot your system in verbose mode and upload a picture of where it hangs??

Also please post your zipped clover folder as Herve said.

Once I get Sierra re-installed I can do that for you.

What errors are you getting?

Post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder so that people can assess your config...

Hi, thank you for your quick replies.

As I recently formatted my SSD I will need to reinstall Sierra and recreate the issues, I know for a fact that one was before OSX could not even load, something with Aptiodrivefix.

I just received my DVI TO DVI and HDMI TO DVI cables so I think my graphics issue should fly away with some simple framebuffer edits.

Current issue:

Sierra appears to boot fully and suddenly a black screen with signal still going to the monitor.

If you look at IMG_1684, the error displayed (last line) is the last thing I see when before the screen goes blank but is still on and receiving input.  

@zzendle @Hervé I have attached the clover efi folder in a zip

post-1129535-0-09807000-1506011390_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-47101700-1506011412_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-70510600-1506011424_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-35351300-1506011443_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-01596300-1506011468_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-48438300-1506011477_thumb.jpg

post-1129535-0-56823900-1506011484_thumb.jpg

CLOVER EFI.zip

Ok. From the pictures you uploaded, it looks more like its hanging at the line "HID: Legacy shim 2"

This is pretty common with macOS sierra, and I had this issue as well. To fix this issue, try booting the installer from a different USB port, and if that doesn't work, put these kexts in your "Other" folder (CLOVER/kexts/Other)

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

I've uploaded a clover folder with all this stuff in it. Give it a try.

Also, I don't recommend injecting intel as you dont have the ID for your graphics. Just use the CLOVER folder I attached and boot in verbose mode.

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Ok. From the pictures you uploaded, it looks more like its hanging at the line "HID: Legacy shim 2"

This is pretty common with macOS sierra, and I had this issue as well. To fix this issue, try booting the installer from a different USB port, and if that doesn't work, put these kexts in your "Other" folder (CLOVER/kexts/Other)

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

I've uploaded a clover folder with all this stuff in it. Give it a try.

Also, I don't recommend injecting intel as you dont have the ID for your graphics. Just use the CLOVER folder I attached and boot in verbose mode.

I would like to say thank you for your help so far. As I am going to bed now, I wont be able to test it right away. so I will test the attached file tomorrow.

Also, the issue is not booting the installer but not being able to boot the OS after installation. 

Mohamed

Same thing either way. You should have these kexts and that config file for your setup.

Let me know if it works.

Hi, I have just inserted the folder in the efi folder, deleting the old clover folder first, and booting up I get a black screen with red text with the first line being "X64 Exception Type - 000000000000000D !!!!!".

I have never ever received this type of error.

Mohamed

Update:

Creating a bootable clover usb and adding your clover folder allows OSX to boot but only with Speedstep disabled, if it is enabled it will KP. Also KB and Mouse is not working once OSX has booted.

Deleting USBInjectAll still gives me no access the the OS.

Current issue:

Sierra appears to boot fully and suddenly a black screen with signal still going to the monitor.

If you look at IMG_1684, the error displayed (last line) is the last thing I see when before the screen goes blank but is still on and receiving input.  

@zzendle @Hervé I have attached the clover efi folder in a zip

I invite you to read the rules, Tony's tools are forbidden

Ok. Go onto a real mac and reinstall clover, and only add the kexts in the kext folder and use the config i sent you.

I have found config for El Capitan for my CPU and MOBO, the only that is left is for me to get my IGPU working.

I will pop into the El Capitan forums and ask for help there, but do not be discouraged to help me figure out Sierra too.

Regards,

Mohamed