10.12 on Z270m-plus 7600k GTX950

jisnight

49 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i'm trying for days (weeks maybe...) to install sierra on my computer wich is the following:

Motherboard: Asus prime Z270M-PLUS

Proc: I5 7600K

GFX: EVGA GTX950 SC

I've tried almost every tutorials i've found on the web, with several ways to make the usb key for installation (Windows VM with sierra: some third party programs (beast), command line, flash drive maker, win32disk imager, ...), and tried so much bootflag....

But i NEVER, EVER reached the installation screen (the very first one when you choose the langage......).

So i'm wondering if, by any chance, someone here successfully made this work on some config like this, and could give me some ideas on how i could be able to reach the osx installer ? :/ like a step by step howto (yeah i know, i'm asking a lot :/ )

it looks so simple when i see everyone reaching it so easily ...

i must apologize for my english, wich is the reason i didn't asked for help earlier.

I'm not willing to become a "hackintosh" expert, we (my wife and I) just want to try OSX some times before buying an imac.

ps: I know that some guys are going to link some Maldon's posts, his tutorials looks awesome for thoose who are getting a working install with. But i've already tried and it don't work for me. :'(

ps2: i've tryed this tutorial ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320288-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-asus-z170m-plus-dsdt/) wich is a Z170M guide, but looks so similar with my MB. But i get stuck on the very beginning "++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++" line, bootflag +x did the same result.

Hi there and welcome to InsanelyMac.com :)

You can post your EFI folder so I can take a look. Make sure that you have the correct settings in your BIOS/UEFI.

The best way to create the USB disk is to use the CreateInstallmedia method from terminal with the following command

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Your USB disk must be named as Untitled and it should be formatted as HFS (Mac OS Extended Journaled) with GUID partition scheme for using this command.

Then you need to install clover on your USB disk with the correct config.plist and kexts according to your hardware.

Well ...... I'm writing from.... macOS Sierra !!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks a lot for your help. I used your EFI folder.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Network is working, audio seems to work too. I just don't know about the graphical part.

Do I need to install clover on the hard drive? Is there some specificity for it?

Thanks again! You are a boss  :yes:

ps: ok I've got some graphical issues, videos are "lagging" (displaying sometimes by big lines, don't know how to explain in English), and there is a "square" around the mouse cursor.

I don't do anything right now, just taking a look on OSX. I'm not sure about what I'm supposed to do (install clover on hard drive? install Nvidia web driver? put your EFI folder again on hard drive? ...) there is so much informations everywhere (I've tried to read you Sierra guide too).

It took me soooo long to get this results (thank you one more time) I'm scared to make some mistake x_D

I also tried to connect my external usb 3 hard drive (ntfs with paragon ntfs installed), but it looks like OS X don't mount it, and don't see it, but he can see USB2 devices (it's USB 3 slots on the motherboard)

• Like 1

That's great :) congrats  :thumbsup_anim:

You can copy the same EFI folder to EFI partition on the drive that you installed macOS to and it will make it bootable.

Use clover configurator to change the SMBIOS's serial number.

for the video you need to install nvidia web driver to activate the full potential of your GPU, you can download the web drivers from this post

You need to make sure that all USB 3.0 ports are working use a USB 3.0 macOS formatted flash disk to see if the USB 3.0 ports are working or not.

And don't be scared, even if you mess something up in the process we can always reinstall macOS. it's really not that hard specially now that you have a working EFI folder for you hardware and besides I'm here to help you out if you needed more help.

Thank you again for your help!

Boot from hard drive = OK 

Nvidia webdrivers = Not OK, unable to boot OS X, I had to put "nvda_drv=0" and "nvda_disable-0" to boot again, then I removed web drivers, maybe I should try the last version from the Nvidia website?

USB = Half OK, I mean, USB2 drives are working everywhere (USB 2 and USB 3 ports), USB 3 drives are only working on USB 2 ports.

Thank you again for your help!

Boot from hard drive = OK 

Nvidia webdrivers = Not OK, unable to boot OS X, I had to put "nvda_drv=0" and "nvda_disable-0" to boot again, then I removed web drivers, maybe I should try the last version from the Nvidia website?

USB = Half OK, I mean, USB2 drives are working everywhere (USB 2 and USB 3 ports), USB 3 drives are only working on USB 2 ports.

To get your GPU to work you need to remove nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 and you need to add NvidiaWeb under "System parameters"

try this config

let's go step by step. Once we have graphics sorted out we will continue to USB 3.0 ports.

config.plist.zip

To get your GPU to work you need to remove nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 and you need to add NvidiaWeb under "System parameters"

try this config

let's go step by step. Once we have graphics sorted out we will continue to USB 3.0 ports.

This is what i tried on first time when it was not booting, but it didn't worked. When i booted up with nv disable, under system parameters, the nvidia configuration was allready on nvidiaweb.

Should i put the config file before or after the webdriver install?

This is what i tried on first time when it was not booting, but it didn't worked. When i booted up with nv disable, under system parameters, the nvidia configuration was allready on nvidiaweb.

Should i put the config file before or after the webdriver install?

Well, there are few things you need to know about the nVidia GPUS but first tell me what happens when you try to boot into macOS with web drivers? do you get the black screen or system reboot? What happens exactly?

1. Make sure the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi is present in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

2. install the correct nvidia web driver regarding the macOS build version (I assume that you installed 10.12.6)

3. After reboot you need to set the nVidia's web driver as the default driver in System preferences or from the nVidia menu bar option

4. You might need to Install RC scripts on target volume using clover installer.

Well, there are few things you need to know about the nVidia GPUS but first tell me what happens when you try to boot into macOS with web drivers? do you get the black screen or system reboot? What happens exactly?

1. Make sure the EmuVaraiableUEFI.efi is present in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

2. install the correct nvidia web driver regarding the macOS build version (I assume that you installed 10.12.6)

3. After reboot you need to set the nVidia's web driver as the default driver in System preferences or from the nVidia menu bar option

4. You might need to Install RC scripts on target volume using clover installer.

When i am booting, i've got a black screen with no signal. With the last config file you gave me, same thing happen except that the vent of my GC rotated at 100% for a second.

About the driver i'm using the one from the post you gaved me, the one from nvidia website don't work, it's telling me that it's not for my version.

I'll take a look to points 1&4 when i'll be back at home.

Thanks for your patience ^^

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

When i am booting, i've got a black screen with no signal. With the last config file you gave me, same thing happen except that the vent of my GC rotated at 100% for a second.

About the driver i'm using the one from the post you gaved me, the one from nvidia website don't work, it's telling me that it's not for my version.

I'll take a look to points 1&4 when i'll be back at home.

Thanks for your patience ^^

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

No problem :)

As I mentioned before you need to download the installer in respect to the macOS build version for instance if you use macOS 10.12.6 the build version is (16G29) so the web driver must be for this version.

The black screen is caused due to a profile setting in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext there are few options available the best one is to use a patch in config.plist which is already added to the file I posted.

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: ba050000 00
Replace: ba000000 00
Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

This should be present in the config.plist under "Kernel and Kext Patches"

the second one is to use Lilu.kext and nVidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. You need to add those kexts inisde /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other 

If the first option fails (which it shouldn't and that's wired) you can use the second option.

Just make sure that you have the IGPU disabled in BIOS/UEFI and you GTX GPU is set as primary.

We will continue this later ;)

Ok i used the second option and it's working, the only problem (wich is maybe temporary due to the first boot) was the login screen, i was only seeing the cursor on a black screen, i entered the password and hit enter, then it shown (showed?) up and logged me in. 

"about this mac" now show the GTX950 GPU!

You are my hero  :yes:

ps: IGPU was already disabled in bios.

Ok i used the second option and it's working, the only problem (wich is maybe temporary due to the first boot) was the login screen, i was only seeing the cursor on a black screen, i entered the password and hit enter, then it shown (showed?) up and logged me in. 

"about this mac" now show the GTX950 GPU!

You are my hero  :yes:

ps: IGPU was already disabled in bios.

Well that's great :)

I'll try to solve USB3, as for everything on macos it must be some kind of kext to install ^^

Thank you so much for your help!!

You're welcome :)

For USB 3.0 you need to add USBInjectAll.kext to your /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ with port limit patch to raise the port limits if needed ;)

ok then, we might need to experiment whit some options.

Use clover configurator to open the config.plist and from the ACPI disable these patches: (There is a check box on the right side of the patches)

Disable:

change EHC1 to EH01

and

change EHC2 to EH02

reboot and check if you can access a USB 3.0 device.