How do I tell if a mother board is supported?

5 posts in this topic

Here are my specs:

• CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor 
  • Motherboard: MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  
  • Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
  • Storage: SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
  • Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB AERO ITX Video Card 
  • Case: Cooler Master - N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 
  • Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Edited by fantomas1

Lmao! You went direct south with that config. Anyway, it's not officially supported by apple but you can go the AMD section here, there is a dedicated thread on how to run macos on ryzen (which is actually quite good!). But since you have an AMD builr it will be harder than any other intel build. You will have to deal with custom kernel on each update (idk about that that much anyway but i heard there was some good news for ryzen cpus) and repatching every other kext too (it's a typical procedure on any hackintosh but more tedious on amd).

But hey, you're not losing anything if you try. Good luck.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2377961

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2442188

Some links that may be useful

Thanks I Found this build video which convinced me to want to change it to this Mother board. Do you have any thoughts on it?

A.H.W.

Honestly, I'm not of a desktop build guy. I would recommend you to choose parts that will work the best for windows/lx as primary goal, then make it work with macos. Idk what's the difference between those mobos (since i don't buy them separately, i always use laptops) but if it's worth the money (and effort), go for it. Ask this in the AMD section, they know the best. Good luck.