looking to spec out hardware for a skylake system to run logic pro 9

LMHmedchem

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a friend who used Logic Pro 9 for his home recording studio. He has a an older iMac with 8GB of RAM that cannot be upgraded. 8GB RAM places significant limitations on what he can do with the software but a newer iMac is out of his price range.

I have built PCs for years, so I thought I would look into the specs for an Intel based system that could run OSX and Logic Pro 9. I am thinking that running OSX in a VM would not provide the required performance. Please let me know if I am not right about that.

In the past I have looked a OSX compatible system using a Gigabyte board, but that has been quit a while ago (Wolfdale, socket LGA 775) so I need to start fresh. If someone here can point me to the proper forum in which to post such a topic, I would appreciate it.

As far as details go details, I need to put together a basic hardware list, accumulate the necessary drivers, and find a place to buy the software that I need a license for.

Thanks for the input,

LMHmedchem

Hello,

I have a friend who used Logic Pro 9 for his home recording studio. He has a an older iMac with 8GB of RAM that cannot be upgraded. 8GB RAM places significant limitations on what he can do with the software but a newer iMac is out of his price range.

I have built PCs for years, so I thought I would look into the specs for an Intel based system that could run OSX and Logic Pro 9. I am thinking that running OSX in a VM would not provide the required performance. Please let me know if I am not right about that.

In the past I have looked a OSX compatible system using a Gigabyte board, but that has been quit a while ago (Wolfdale, socket LGA 775) so I need to start fresh. If someone here can point me to the proper forum in which to post such a topic, I would appreciate it.

As far as details go details, I need to put together a basic hardware list, accumulate the necessary drivers, and find a place to buy the software that I need a license for.

Thanks for the input,

LMHmedchem

How much money do you want to invest for this hackintosh? check out here some examples