• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

LoBlanc

LoBlanc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Working marvelously on my Asus laptop by installing HighSierra. Easy, easy and powerful tool. Thank you very much !

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:computer science, programming, hardware, software developing

Another update for you, the work on the new release of TINU is going really well, i have added almost all the features i have planned to introduce in this version and for now they seems to work, i have to send some new screens to the designer to be reviewed, and also i have to work on improving the code, make the new features to work more efficiently and more stable, so you still have to wait for the new update, but it will add more features and control to the entire app, and also some bug fix.

Today's fun fact, i have bought recently a macbook pro 2017 (got it with an huge discount, i need it as support machine for my hackintoshes and also to continue to work on my projects when i am not at home) and i tried to use tinu on it, the interface style changing system started to give me some issues with the latest build, so i have to still work on it (sorry if you can't see the emojis on some machines/browasers)

As always i will keep you updated guys  :)

eSaF

eSaF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I am a huge fan already and can't wait for the final release - Good luck and looking forward to all future updates  :thumbsup_anim:

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

ok, i have started working on the wiki, that's the FAQs page: https://github.com/I.../TINU/wiki/FAQs

IUTniun

IUTniun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Astronomy

Thank you for all your hard work ,waiting for future updates.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

ok, i am just working on an interesting new feature that will appear in the next release, it will allow you to use TINU, inside the macOS installer to install macOS, the cool thing is that it will also allow you to easily install without upgrading to apfs and also it will offer some other small customization as well, i am still writing the code for that and testing it, but for now it seems to work, and it will be available  only when you open TINU fro  the macOS installer, beacuse it does require the --volume argument of the startosinstall executable to let TINU to work properly with it, i still have a lot of work to do for that, but first results looks quite good, i used it today to upgrade my secondary hackintosh from 10.13.0 to 10.13.1 using the install app downloaded from the mac app store, it does work with clean install as well  i just tried it on a partition of my ssd, it should work on real macs as well, because it does not uses anything specific to hackintosh for that.

To also allow you to use this feature, i included an option that will automatically copy the TINU app in the finished macOS install media, you can open it with terminal with a short command, because i can't edit the base system created with createinstallmedia i can't put any button into the installer interface to let you to open TINU more easily.

And also as you will see there are features of TINU available only when you open it from the macOS installer.

Speaking of other things, in the web i have seen the root user authentication bug in high sierra, but tinu, because it does uses a double authentication system is not vulnerable, at least not entirely, because the second authentication is all custom made by me and uses sudo to check if the user password is correct and it will not allow to switch user, and this is true for all the releases of TINU that you have seen right now

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

ok, for Italian users i have prepared a video that explains how to create an usb installer with tinu and put clover on it, i don't know if i will do an English version, because i am not that great when it comes to speaking English in person.

If you like to create you own video about this app, it'd appreciate that, and the best ones will be linked in the first post of this thread and maybe in other places.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, app, tinu, installer, creator, usb, bootable, vanilla, createinstallmedia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy