Help me Modify my Build

4 posts in this topic

So currently my build is pretty much as follows but I have been having problems trying to get things sorted out due to the CPU problems mostly. I want to upgrade the CPU anyway to something that can put out a little more juice. So before I upgrade figured I would ask for some opinions. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MycTKZ

I'm really just looking to get a stable OS up and running that can boot off the hard drive. I have Sierra and El Captain ready to go but it was a little over my head to get the CPU to work with it.

My motherboard is Z97 so was wondering what CPU options I have, that can run either of those OS X options. With a 4690 or 4690K would it take either of those well? Or i7 4790/K

If you want to install & run OS X without too much issues, opt for a mainstream i3/i5/i7 Haswell CPU rather than a Pentium which will probably force you to fake CPU id at best.

That is what im asking, I am thinking of switching to a 4670 or 4690 i5. But was also wondering about the i7 4770 and 4790. And then also the unlocked variants. I was wondering what the out look on those would be.

What I am thinking of changing is buying 

2x8GB sticks of ram

Devil's Canon i5-4690K  (my case is small and I figure that will be easier to cool them a 4790K which I already have in my other computer. And will get a nice small sub 120mm air cooler set up, probably by noctura)

PSU upgrade in the future but probably not till after the build mostlikely

Now i am going to shop for a nice deal on a 4690K and then start once I find that. Hopefully all will be koser.