AMD Barton 2500+ & MacOS

sirNemanjapro

13 posts in this topic

Hi to all!

I want to tell you that I love this new evolution of x86 project, and the board is great!

I offten surfed on the old site, I think I never wrote any comments or any thing, now I decided its about time.

Im writing from Serbia, and here a mac cost about 40% more than in USA, and 20% more than Europe. And economy is not so geat here, so you can figure out mine question that I will post in few seconds.

I talked to some people about installing MacOS X on following machine:

AMD Barton 2500+

Abit NF7-S

Kingston 2x512MB DDR

Abit Siluro FX5700

Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 Live!

ASUS TVFM Card

Maxtor 80GB 2MB

Iomega zip100

LG DVD 16x

LG CD-RW 52x 32x 52x

Conexant HSF

Chieftec MatrixTX 360w

SAMSUNG SyncMaster 755DFX

I appriciate any answer I get on this. Thanks a lot. :)

Can you belive it. And the lower grade Sempron has them. My god. hm...

Thanks guys!

The Sempron is not a lower grade to the Barton based Athlons. If I recall correctly the original socket A Semprons are basically just relabeled Athlon XPs. But the socket 754 and 939 Semprons have higher specs than the old Bartons.

The Sempron is not a lower grade to the Barton based Athlons. If I recall correctly the original socket A Semprons are basically just relabeled Athlon XPs. But the socket 754 and 939 Semprons have higher specs than the old Bartons.

That is correct. Socket A Semprons use old Socket A cores as the base. Socket 754 and 939 Semprons are Athlon 64 based.

• 2 years later...
socket A: SSE

* 754: SSE SSE2

* 939: SSE SSE2 SSE3

if i remenber it well

Thanks for Information! :D

My Motherboard is ABIT NF7-S2...dont work IAtkos V1 and V7(freeze in apple logo) And Leo4All V4..and iDeneb 1.4

Panic Kernel (I HATE THIS MESSAGE) :):)

Thanks for Information! :D

My Motherboard is ABIT NF7-S2...dont work IAtkos V1 and V7(freeze in apple logo) And Leo4All V4..and iDeneb 1.4

Panic Kernel (I HATE THIS MESSAGE) :P:(

unfortunetly it won't work :( I had a "dream" socket A system (DFI Lpb,AMD Xp-m 2600+ IQYHA,2x1Gb Ballistix,6800Gt modded to Quadro,etc etc) and had to trade it because osx won't run on it)..but for windowz it is a good system..