nv_disable not working anymore with HS betas

bryan51

8 posts in this topic

GTX 560 + High Sierra + Clover 4173

the first couple of betas worked using nv_disable=1 but not on the latest betas.

the boot bar goes about 3/4 and then you get a spinning wheel. If I don't use it then its the black screen with cursors

Oddly when i tried using -v it gave a memory error(if i remember correctly .. lol) right off the top?

I'll get a GT 710 if there is no fix with the final release of HS.

Any ideas on what to try?

Have you tried waiting for a long time to see if anything happens after you reach the black screen with cursors? I have a GT 740. I did not select nv_disable=1, or anything else.

I have waited quite sometime. As I said nv_disable use'd to work. Assuming there are no further issues i will likely just get a GT 7xx card .... a cheap one, once the final has been released.

Is your GT 740 fully operational or are there still issues with it in HS?

I have waited quite sometime. As I said nv_disable use'd to work. Assuming there are no further issues i will likely just get a GT 7xx card .... a cheap one, once the final has been released.

Is your GT 740 fully operational or are there still issues with it in HS?

It is fully operational, and does not need web drivers.

i'm getting the same behaviour with the later betas; apple screen with just a spinning spinner forever, right where the video would first fire up the Nvidia card.

I boot to a DVI monitor attached to the Intel 4600 graphics, but I guess that's not going to work for HS.

My plan is to get an AMD Vega card and toss the 950.

Well, my new MSI GT 710 2Gb card arrived today. Plugged it in and got no dvi signal but HDMI works. I think its the dvi cable as a dual link is required.

Anyways .,...no problems booting into test HS now. Only thing not working is Audio (ALC 1150) and I am not sure if the Office 15.38 update works with HS?

I think i'll wait till things smooth about a bit before updating to HS

• Like 1