Video resolution (driver?) issues post re-install Sierra

gachogavacho

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I've been using the following hardware for some time now:

GA-H77N-WIFI

CPU:  i7-3770 (LGA 1155)

Video:  integrated Intel HD 4000 via HDMI  (About this mac: Reporting Intel HD 4000 1536MB)

Storage: SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Apple native support Wifi card (can't find the model at the moment)

Presently I have 10.12.6 installed.

I upgraded months ago to 10.12.3, and at that time, I had an old VGA monitor connected to the DVI input via a VGA to DVI adapter. The computer would start up and the resolution would be fuzzy. Somehow, I discovered if i unplugged the monitor and plugged it in, the resolution would fix. Since we left the computer on always, I didn't think much of it. I had posted about it and tried to see if anyone could give me an idea as to why it was doing it but no real answers came through.

[sTILL NOT WORKING AT FULL REZ] Now, I discovered recently that Apple has said they don't support 3rd party adapters and VGA, so I upgraded to a new monitor:

LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor 

[THIS IS FIXED, THANKS!] I also upgraded to 10.12.6 before installing the monitor. The computer starts up using the usb install drive when i select my installation. But the video still looks fuzzy. I'm attaching a picture. https://goo.gl/photos/YsdM7KfE54WRE52D8

What do you think i'm missing? EFI folder attached.

edited to include IoReg file. 

EFI.zip

Send me gachovacho's iMac.zip

updated to include ioreg file. 

No patched DSDT where you would have injected an HD4000 layout and nothing either in your Clover config file. Use Clover Configurator app and try the 3 x different HD4000 layouts for Ivy Bridge desktop. At present, all you do is "Inject Intel" which is right but most likely incomplete.

attachicon.gifClover_config_Graphics01.png

attachicon.gifClover_config_Graphics02.png

I'd also recommend you switch SMBIOS from iMac14,2 (which is Haswell platform) to iMac13,2 (which is Ivy Bridge platform with i7-3770 CPU too) or iMac13,1 (which is Ivy Bridge platform with HD4000 graphics).

I'm learning! Thank you. I am trying the first one as we speak. I"ll post back if i have any other issues. One problem I continue to have was wake from sleep. If you can link me something about that, i'd be grateful. 

I used another tool that another member suggested that zips it up, sorry. I did change the system definition too! Thank you for that suggestion.

I got it working, the video seems correct, except the mac doesn't seem to understand what resolution to display on my mac and I got it to display a low but visible resolution. My monitor is 21:9 aspect, Full HD 2560 x 1080. I used another mac to use Chrome Remote desktop i had installed before to log in and access the computer and change the resolution to something visible. Glad I had that! I highly recommend it to others.

I installed the tool:
mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

But I haven't got it to properly recognize them monitor and give me the right resolutions. I'm stuck :/

Crapola, I forgot about the bad blood between this forum and those guys. I didn't even look at what forum it was on. But I did remove it. thank you for reminding me  :wallbash:

So It is "working" but won't recognize my monitor still and shows "Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 3mb."

It was 1536 MB before? I feel like i'm missing one thing somewhere. I am sure my BIos is set correctly but if there is something in it that might be holding me back, maybe I need a bit of hand holding there. I've been working on this all day. Even tried switchrezX, but it doesn't recognize my monitor. I used it before and it worked fine.

I've attached a Ioreg file. Is this right? 

IO reg gachogavacho's iMac.zip

Resolutions greater than 1080p on HD 4000 need to patch IOKit/CoreDisplay.framework. Use CoreDisplayFixup by PMheart. Obviously, this requires working acceleration to begin with, so make sure you have Intel injection enabled. As for the platform ID, try 0x0166000B.

RacerMaster, are you sure that applies to *all* resolutions greater than 1080 becasue the readme on that says "targets at patching system essentials dynamically to enable 4k OR GREATER resolutions"...

My monitor isn't 4k, what do you think?

I'm only asking, Racer, because This Thread says if it's less than 3840x2160, it's not required. 

[EDIT]

Thank you RacerMaster, I used the files in this link to get it to work. I had to log into my computer from chome remote desktop on my laptop to fix it, but it worked. It rebooted all fuzzy again and I just went to Display settings and clicked the right resolution. :w00t:  I also saw some of your other contributions on reddit. Thank you for your help, expertise and patince with my inexperienced self to you and Hervé. I've been working at this since 1PM and it's nearly 9:30 :(

Where can I make a donation for your time?