New JAS 10.4.8 and Dell E1505/6400 - Intallataion Help

dmk

57 posts in this topic

I am a nubie and tried to intall OSX86 10.4.8 on my e1505 onto a usb ext drive...installation from dvd seemed to go well, but when go to reboot, I get a gray apple mac screen where a circle slash icon shows up ...my 1505 has an ati card in it...

any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any luck with changing the resolution. I see a lot of people with the T60s are getting the res up to 1400x1050. I'm still stuck at 1024x768.

Also, any luck with the HDA patcher and the sound? I get a kernal panic and I'm asked to restart. Some have suggested a new kernal, but I don't even know where to start with that.

EDIT: 1280x1024x16 in boot.plist has gotten me up to 1152 x 864

Edited by bsgjunkie

My E1705s sleep works perfect with mifki/daemones kernel. If you are using semthex, try mifki/daemones kernel.

Mixed results here. When I tell the notebook to go to sleep, or when it happens over time, it only sort of... partially goes to sleep. I can hear my HD spinning down, fans spin down, DVD-RW spins down/sleeps, fans spin down - the whole system acts like it's sleeping just fine. The screen stays on though - showing whatever was on the screen when I told it to sleep (animated things stop moving, etc.) So everything seems to be sleeping fine, except for my video and LCD. O.o

of course, nothing at all happens when I close the lid. :pirate2:

If I could just get that working, get a reliable system clock, and get -good- results from the HDA patcher, I'd be in heaven.

Having a bit of trouble with my install, on my 6400. 10.4.6 installs and works fine, but I'd like 10.4.8 to have a crack at the sound problem. Anyway, that's not what's wrong.

I install it fine, and it restarts, but now, all it does after the Dell post logo is sit there with a flashing underscore. Any ideas?

I've set the right partition active, and it still doesn't boot.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...