Dual boot Windows macOS Dual boot windows and macOS

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 876 posts

Very powerful and useful tool.  I've also used it to install legacy Clover in Windows but prefer EasyUEFI to manage my UEFI entries in Windows  :).

@luky35,

Find out the partition UUID of your Windows 10 EFI volume with diskutil info command eg

Spoiler

then create a custom entry for it in GUI section of config.plist (put what you want to display on screen under "Title" or "FullTitle").  Clover configurator makes it easier....

@Sherlocks

I use Windows Task Manager to browse the EFI partition after assigning a letter to it with Diskpart or Mountvol /s.

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

My pleasure :)

Sorry, I don't get it, what will go?

No Rename Boot EFI to Boot Windows 10.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

Very powerful and useful tool.  I've also used it to install legacy Clover in Windows but prefer EasyUEFI to manage my UEFi entries in Windows  :).

Thanks for your input :)

I have been using EasyUEFI but there was a problem with using it on Windows 10 Enterprise Edition which it wasn't supported if I recall correctly; and ever since I found this little app (BootICE) I got hooked :D

I also used EasyBCD but BootICE is the best (IMHO) ;)

No Rename Boot EFI to Boot Windows 10.

Follow the instructions that @fusion71au kindly provided here.

The reason for this manual is that because couple of people (including yourself ;)) asked me how to fix a dual boot problem so I decided to create this topic and I hope it will be a good reference for all of our members of this great community ;)

@luky35

Just updated the first post with the instructions on how to use clover to create/add a custom entry for Windows 10.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

How to easily hide unwanted partitions in clover's boot menu without having to create the custom entries:

You can use clover configurator to easily hide the partitions that you don't what to see on your clover's boot menu.

1. Open your config.plist with clover configurator and select GUI.

f20b2f49363eaa06455a9a72086c4152.png

2. On the top right corner you'll see a box called "Hide Volume", all you have to do is to click on the + sign to add a new entry. The entry you add must be exactly the same as the name of the partition that you want to hide. For example if you want to hide the recovery partition of your macOS you need to add "Recovery HD" and save the config. By adding this entry the "Recovery HD" will be hidden on clover's boot menu, remember if you have more than one version of macOS installed on you hackintosh all recovery partitions will be hidden.

2f6b2e67001929179abedc2d20ee88ed.png

Cheers.

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

@cyberdevs hi,

This is great, only I can not change the subtitles for Preboot and Recovery, so I'm waiting for what @ fusion71au will say.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

@cyberdevs hi,

This is great, only I can not change the subtitles for Preboot and Recovery, so I'm waiting for what @ fusion71au will say.

I made them hidden because I don't use them anyway.

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

I made them hidden because I don't use them anyway.

I also hide from your Preboot and Recovery instructions in the Boot menu.

Can not hide the text at the beginning of macOS from apfs.efi that it is not displayed?

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

I also hide from your Preboot and Recovery instructions in the Boot menu.

Can not hide the text at the beginning of macOS from apfs.efi that it is not displayed?

Do yo mean the APFS logs?

If you want to hide the APFS logs when clover is loading you can use CsmVideoDxe.efi

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Do yo mean the APFS logs?

http://shrani.si/f/3...3BBk7/start.png

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

Install CsmVideoDxe.efi using clover configurator or the clover's installer to hide those logs.

Attached Files

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Install CsmVideoDxe.efi using clover configurator or the clover's installer to hide those logs.

Thanks, it's great. :hysterical:

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

Thanks, it's great. :hysterical:

You're welcome ;)

The credit for that goes to @chris1111 he's the one how found that solution :)

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

@cyberdevs, hi!

One question if I may, 

no mater what I do, which settings I change in BOOTICE and save them ... on restart everything gets back on it's default values.

Any idea why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

bootice.jpg

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,541 posts

@cyberdevs, hi!

One question if I may, 

no mater what I do, which settings I change in BOOTICE and save them ... on restart everything gets back on it's default values.

Any idea why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

You can arrange the boot priority by moving the items up or down from the left side if you want to boot from another volume and/or make It your default boot volume.

luky35

luky35

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Thanks,
For that tip.

Real problem was UAC it did not allow any writting to files but now I solved it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dual boot, Windows, macOS, Dual boot windows and macOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy