How to make Clover default bootloader after Installing Windows on UEFI

Cyberdevs

87 posts in this topic

@cyberdevs hi,

This is great, only I can not change the subtitles for Preboot and Recovery, so I'm waiting for what @ fusion71au will say.

I made them hidden because I don't use them anyway.

I made them hidden because I don't use them anyway.

I also hide from your Preboot and Recovery instructions in the Boot menu.

Can not hide the text at the beginning of macOS from apfs.efi that it is not displayed?

I also hide from your Preboot and Recovery instructions in the Boot menu.

Can not hide the text at the beginning of macOS from apfs.efi that it is not displayed?

Do yo mean the APFS logs?

If you want to hide the APFS logs when clover is loading you can use CsmVideoDxe.efi

• 2 months later...

@cyberdevs, hi!

One question if I may, 

no mater what I do, which settings I change in BOOTICE and save them ... on restart everything gets back on it's default values.

Any idea why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

bootice.jpg

@cyberdevs, hi!

One question if I may, 

no mater what I do, which settings I change in BOOTICE and save them ... on restart everything gets back on it's default values.

Any idea why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

You can arrange the boot priority by moving the items up or down from the left side if you want to boot from another volume and/or make It your default boot volume.

• 2 months later...

good morning .. who knows what I have done ... but when I open the bootice and vade on uefi does not make me change anything tells me as if there was only a bootloader ... I know it's because when I installed sierra I disconnected the windows ssd to reattach it after ...

good morning .. who knows what I have done ... but when I open the bootice and vade on uefi does not make me change anything tells me as if there was only a bootloader ... I know it's because when I installed sierra I disconnected the windows ssd to reattach it after ...

Did you install Clover on your Sierra HD after the installation was complete?

yes yes,,,

I did the disaster ... I tried to change from clover config the boot as a guide and now no longer part ... there is a way to recover it ?? the previous config I have it on the desktop .. to copy in uefi but if you do not start I do not know how to do ...

yes yes,,,

I did the disaster ... I tried to change from clover config the boot as a guide and now no longer part ... there is a way to recover it ?? the previous config I have it on the desktop .. to copy in uefi but if you do not start I do not know how to do ...

Can you send me some screenshots of the BootIce app so I can see the UEFI entries of your hard disks?

2nq9u0x.jpg

- boot filevault prebooter from Preboot

-boot macOS install Prebooter from Preboot

-boot macOS from Macintosh HD

-boot recovery from recovery

-boot windows from legacy hdi 1

- boot windows from legacy hdi 2

- boot windows from legacy hdi 3

- boot windows from legacy hdi 1

-boot windows from legacy hdi 1

what I did was in clover config ... as here to guide in the upper right corner put boot windows from legacy hdi 1 ... 2 ... 3 so you do not let me see them and instead no more party left. .. the correct config.plist I copied it on the desktop of the mac .. for safety but not making me load the mac I can not ripreistinarlo ... and from windows I can not go to modify it ...

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, i recently installed dual boot on my laptop, but neither Windows nor Clover, after direct installation on internal HDD, give me the entries to select to boot, i've to attach everytime my usb installer with clover to boot into mac os or Windows, if i try to boot form internal i Always have boot error, what can i do?

57 minutes ago, Kaya80 said:

can u please help me to set the correct path?

Is that the laptop in your signature? Does it support UEFI booting or it just has the legacy booting support?

Use your USB disk boot into windows and run the BOOTICE, select UEFI and take a screenshot of the window and post it here. To take a screenshot use Windows key + W to grab a screenshot.

Yes, is the laptop in signature. It supports UEFI, but only for OSx I Always have to install in legacy mode, otherwise there's no chance to reach the installer...the only thing i really don't knowis why neither Windows was able to create a valid entry with a clean disk...anyway, here is the screenshot

BootiCE.png

15 hours ago, Kaya80 said:

Yes, is the laptop in signature. It supports UEFI, but only for OSx I Always have to install in legacy mode, otherwise there's no chance to reach the installer...the only thing i really don't knowis why neither Windows was able to create a valid entry with a clean disk...anyway, here is the screenshot

Click on UEFI/HDD (I assume this is the partition that you installed clover on?) and change the boot path for that entry and then you can move it up at the first of the list so it will be your primary boot device.

\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI (Is Clover bootloader)
and
\EF\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi (Is Windows bootloader)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kaya80 said:

Do you mean EFi hard drive? Because if i select Efi Hard Drive i can't set anything, everything is greyed

Yes that's what I meant, sorry.

But if it's greyed out it means that an empty entry so you can remove it or if you can select the boot device from and change it to the drive that you installed Clover on and then select the boot part which must be the EFI partition of the hard disk that contains clover and then inside the Media File paste the following:

\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

You can also add a new entry and do the steps above. But from the looks of it I suspect that you only have one hard disk and there are two partitions on that disk, one for windows and one for macOS? Correct?