ATI ioreg dumps

AGDenton

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got a MacPro with a X1900XT now, but I used OSx86 for a long time before that :D. So I figured I'd help those interested in using a Titan-like solution for their ATI cards by providing the single-user mode ioregs of my computer.

I have attached two files : the first is the relevant bit of my ioreg, with a monitor attached to the X1900XT, and was taken in single-user mode. The second one was taken with two screens attached, but after startup : the second monitor isn't initialized in SU mode.

Hope it helps someone !

AG

ioreg.txt

ioreg_2scr.txt

Entry

"@0,ATY,EFIDisplay" = <"TMDSB">

in the ioreg dump seems interesting is this the internal or external TMDS and is there TMDSA also? I have added this to info.plist of ATIinject.kext, still no DVI.

I have added these entries to info.plist into current ATIinject.kext, seems to inject correct values but still no DVI or dual displays.

<key>@0,connector-type</key>

<integer>0x00000004</integer>

<key>@1,connector-type</key>

<integer>0x00000200</integer>

Hi,

I've got a MacPro with a X1900XT now, but I used OSx86 for a long time before that :). So I figured I'd help those interested in using a Titan-like solution for their ATI cards by providing the single-user mode ioregs of my computer.

I have attached two files : the first is the relevant bit of my ioreg, with a monitor attached to the X1900XT, and was taken in single-user mode. The second one was taken with two screens attached, but after startup : the second monitor isn't initialized in SU mode.

Hope it helps someone !

AG

Thanks for that, but which monitor is connected to which port? What kind of monitor TFT/CRT, connection DVI/D-SUB?

Entry

"@0,ATY,EFIDisplay" = <"TMDSB">

in the ioreg dump seems interesting is this the internal or external TMDS and is there TMDSA also? I have added this to info.plist of ATIinject.kext, still no DVI.

I have added these entries to info.plist into current ATIinject.kext, seems to inject correct values but still no DVI or dual displays.

<key>@0,connector-type</key>

<integer>0x00000004</integer>

<key>@1,connector-type</key>

<integer>0x00000200</integer>

I think you're onto something here, but I can put any values into these keys and it seems to make no difference. Maybe ATIinject is not the right point to put them into? Or, some other kext overwrites them?

Thanks AGDenton, perfect!!!

As I suspected ATY,EFIDipslay is TMDSA on port @0 and TMDSB on port @1

also ATY,EFIOrientation changes from 01 on port @0 to 02 on port @1

Now to try and apply this knowledge!!!

I am still having trouble with DVI with the Newest ATIInject with EDID inserted the best I can get is a blank display with signal which is a big step up from before as I had a blank display without signal. Its getting closer!!!