14 replies to this topic

AGDenton

AGDenton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I've got a MacPro with a X1900XT now, but I used OSx86 for a long time before that :D. So I figured I'd help those interested in using a Titan-like solution for their ATI cards by providing the single-user mode ioregs of my computer.

I have attached two files : the first is the relevant bit of my ioreg, with a monitor attached to the X1900XT, and was taken in single-user mode. The second one was taken with two screens attached, but after startup : the second monitor isn't initialized in SU mode.

Hope it helps someone !

AG

Attached Files

consolation

consolation

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
I assume that

"@1,connector-type" = <04000000>
"@0,connector-type" = <00020000>

refers wether it's a DVI or VGA connector. If I wanted to pass this values to OS, how would I go about it?

mac567uk

mac567uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Entry

"@0,ATY,EFIDisplay" = <"TMDSB">

in the ioreg dump seems interesting is this the internal or external TMDS and is there TMDSA also? I have added this to info.plist of ATIinject.kext, still no DVI.

I have added these entries to info.plist into current ATIinject.kext, seems to inject correct values but still no DVI or dual displays.

<key>@0,connector-type</key>
<integer>0x00000004</integer>

<key>@1,connector-type</key>
<integer>0x00000200</integer>

TheMaxx32000

TheMaxx32000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 123 posts

Hi,

I've got a MacPro with a X1900XT now, but I used OSx86 for a long time before that :). So I figured I'd help those interested in using a Titan-like solution for their ATI cards by providing the single-user mode ioregs of my computer.

I have attached two files : the first is the relevant bit of my ioreg, with a monitor attached to the X1900XT, and was taken in single-user mode. The second one was taken with two screens attached, but after startup : the second monitor isn't initialized in SU mode.

Hope it helps someone !

AG

Thanks for that, but which monitor is connected to which port? What kind of monitor TFT/CRT, connection DVI/D-SUB?

AGDenton

AGDenton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Connector 0 : Dual-DVI, one Apple 30" Cinema display connected.
Connector 1 : Single DVI (no more than 1920x...), one Hercules Prophetview 920 connected.
Both displays are DVI.

aberracus

aberracus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
is there chance for an ATI Natit with dual display?

consolation

consolation

I am not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Entry

"@0,ATY,EFIDisplay" = <"TMDSB">

in the ioreg dump seems interesting is this the internal or external TMDS and is there TMDSA also? I have added this to info.plist of ATIinject.kext, still no DVI.

I have added these entries to info.plist into current ATIinject.kext, seems to inject correct values but still no DVI or dual displays.

<key>@0,connector-type</key>
<integer>0x00000004</integer>

<key>@1,connector-type</key>
<integer>0x00000200</integer>

I think you're onto something here, but I can put any values into these keys and it seems to make no difference. Maybe ATIinject is not the right point to put them into? Or, some other kext overwrites them?

fireshark

fireshark

Your Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
Or maybe ATIinject doesnt know where to actually put them

mac567uk

mac567uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
@AGDenton

Could you post a single user ioreg dump with just the single link DVI monitor connected please to first port @0 and then another ioreg dump connected to second port @1. I want to see if certain entries change.
Many thanks!!!

TheMaxx32000

TheMaxx32000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 123 posts
-

AGDenton

AGDenton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
As asked, I'm adding two more dumps, this time with only one single-DVI monitor plugged either in port 0 or 1. Enjoy !

Attached Files

mac567uk

mac567uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks AGDenton, perfect!!!

As I suspected ATY,EFIDipslay is TMDSA on port @0 and TMDSB on port @1

also ATY,EFIOrientation changes from 01 on port @0 to 02 on port @1

Now to try and apply this knowledge!!!

I am still having trouble with DVI with the Newest ATIInject with EDID inserted the best I can get is a blank display with signal which is a big step up from before as I had a blank display without signal. Its getting closer!!!

AGDenton

AGDenton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Something else that might be of use :

I've put a PC X1900XT (with a non-EFI-compatible VGABIOS) in the MacPro's second graphics slot and dumped its ioreg. Comparing it with the Apple card's ioreg, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what exactly needs to be set.

Good luck :-)

Attached Files

MiR

MiR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 18 posts
Thank you for your ioreg entries, without them it would not have been possible for my to get my X1900XT working..

MiR

TheMaxx32000

TheMaxx32000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 123 posts
Thanks for that! Need to have a look at it...
I will post more ioregs later (mbp and imac)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy