Reboots to Windows after selecting Install USB in Clover

CarbonUK

14 posts in this topic

It is very important to write down the fully hardware specification so that the users can help them

CPU .....
Mainboard  .....
GPU  ....

• Like 1

That means that Sierra has been running before? If so which changes have you made afterwards why sierra no longer boot now?

But the content of their config.plist was not okay

That means that Sierra has been running before? If so which changes have you made afterwards why sierra no longer boot now?

But the content of their config.plist was not okay

I havent made any changes. I have simply updated clover and intalled high sierra onto the usb. Sierra is still bootable from my Hard drive

Can you remember that u have insralled the Apito fix on their Sierra 10.12 partition? If so, then replace them in their high Sierra USB partition/or USB Flash Disk

Edit:

Or make a copy of the EFI folder of your Sierra partition and paste this into the high Sierra partition and modify the existing bootflag of your nvidia graphics card into: nv_disable=1. Then restart.

Can you remember that u have insralled the Apito fix on their Sierra 10.12 partition? If so, then replace them in their high Sierra USB partition/or USB Flash Disk

Edit:

Or make a copy of the EFI folder of your Sierra partition and paste this into the high Sierra partition and modify the existing bootflag of your nvidia graphics card into: nv_disable=1. Then restart.

I'm not sure what the Apito fix is so I'm guessing not.

I have copied and pasted the EFI from my Sierra and tried adding nv_disable=1.

When I get back ( might be a few days ) I take out the other boot args and start again

Ty for the help

Look here, is a nice picture description that has made gengik84 for u: see Message # 8

www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326389-after-a-successfull-installation-i-am-stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/

I see what you mean by that aptio thing.

I accidentally missed it out so I reinstalled clover again and ticked it. Could it be possible that when I installed it again it broke something?

No, nothing can happen, save the Efi folder with the config.plist and the kext drivers