Black background and some images - 10.12.6 - GTS 450 - Nvidia Web Drivers

supaiku

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Have a hackintosh system running 10.12.6 setup with graphics injection - it was working fine except Photoshop's 3D (photoshop would crash on open then have 3d disabled next time).

I installed these latest web drivers: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/and in clover's config set it to use the web drivers - Now that seems to work, but the backgrounds a black, and some images (like Blizzard manager images) don't display (but the video game works).

Any ideas on what the issue is?

UPDATE: after rebooting, somehow the clover setting had reverted to not using the web driver (and the images all work fine, but photoshop doesn't). Perhaps that's just a single boot setting and not saved on reboot?

Thanks!

For my knowledge there are (often!) problems with some of the Adobe apps & Nvidia drivers and some GPU models . You can do nothing...

Perhaps some who uses same Adobe App (and version) can tell you what Nvidia gpu hasnt that problem and you change gpu card if you really need that app running well.

Because GTS 450 is older card (i think Fermi ) not a real mistake to change to an newer, perhaps cheap & used Kelper or Maxwell gpu modell.

Kepler & Maxwell have much better gpu compute speed which Adobe may use. 

Even if the new modell is not much faster (OpenGL, ga,e speed) - you save power watts & get more CI, OpenCL speed, because older models take (much) more power for same speed & are much slower in gpu compute tasks.