ASUS P8Z68V-PRO REV1.0 PROBELM INSTALLING SIERRA

newsman1

227 posts in this topic

hi cyberdevs,

i need your help again my friend 

I'm running high sierra 17A405 and every thing was running smooth until last night, i noticed a new update for the nvidia web drivers and it was asking me to install the new update and i said not now 

i had to go back to my windows installation this morning and after i was done with windows i restarted to go back to my high sierra but it's give in me a black screen and now i can not get to my high sierra 

can you please help me with this problem so i can get back to high sierra because i have no idea to disable the web drivers from clover 

Thanks again 

hi cyberdevs,

i need your help again my friend 

I'm running high sierra 17A405 and every thing was running smooth until last night, i noticed a new update for the nvidia web drivers and it was asking me to install the new update and i said not now 

i had to go back to my windows installation this morning and after i was done with windows i restarted to go back to my high sierra but it's give in me a black screen and now i can not get to my high sierra 

can you please help me with this problem so i can get back to high sierra because i have no idea to disable the web drivers from clover 

Thanks again 

Hi there,

You can try booting with -x which will boot macOs into safe mode and then you can download and install the web drivers. Although it shouldn't been happening unless the windows installation messed up something in your EFI folder. You can also try to boot from another bootable device such as your USB installer for macOS and see if you still get the black screen.

thanks man for the quick replay 

how to i boot with -x 

I did boot with the USB installer, but with that I'm getting the boot loop 

when you boot from the usb or the internal disk's EFI use the arrow keys to select your macOS High Sierra disk and then press the "Space Bar" it will give a list and from that you can select the -x boot flag unless booting with the -x gives you the reboot loop.!?

i did try that i used first aid but what happen is the drive got unmounted and i could not mounted again so i had to restart 

What was the result of the check? Did it repair the disk or it just couldn't repair it?

Hi cyberdevs,

I was just reading about SIP (System Integrity Protection)

and I just found out that it is disabled on my system, now is that the way it should be with hackintosh system or we can have it enabled

I have been using the EFI folder that you give me with a minor changes to config.plist to match some of my system.

when I open the config.plist with clover that what I see  

is that means that SIP is disabled 

and can I enable SIP and any idea how to do that 

thanks

post-288845-0-04872400-1509900012.png

Edited by newsman1

Hi cyberdevs,

I was just reading about SIP (System Integrity Protection)

and I just found out that it is disabled on my system, now is that the way it should be with hackintosh system or we can have it enabled

I have been using the EFI folder that you give me with a minor changes to config.plist to match some of my system.

when I open the config.plist with clover that what I see  

is that means that SIP is disabled 

and can I enable SIP and any idea how to do that 

thanks

Hi there,

If you use OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and change the SIP from 0x67 to 0x3 your system won't boot, you'll get the Kernel load error when clover tries to boot into macOS but if you use OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi you can set fully enable sip by changing the CsrActive to 0x0

No it’s not a problem to keep sip disabled unless you need to have a more secure macOS.

Which if OsxAptioFix2Drv fails to boot your system there’s no other choice. You can check for other CsrActiveConfigs which can have SIP partially enabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi cyberdevs, how are you my friend its been a while 

I know I asked you this before but I have this annoying problem that my ssd drive gets corrupt and I have to use time machine to get back to my installation. and I have this problem every time I restart (just to let you know that my restart problem still happing) see attached png and please check the error report that asking me to send to apple 

thank you I advance 

Untitled.rtf

post-288845-0-02484300-1518653381_thumb.png

• Like 1

I know I asked you this before but I have this annoying problem that my ssd drive gets corrupt and I have to use time machine to get back to my installation. and I have this problem every time I restart (just to let you know that my restart problem still happing) see attached png and please check the error report that asking me to send to apple 

thank you I advance 

run it and send me files

RunMe.app.zip

thank you I advance 

Hi there,

I'm doing fine thanks, How are you doing?

Yeah it's been a while. The error you posted is because of the new macOS High Sierra and @Sherlocks made a kext which will solve that issue, if you ask him or search the Clover General Discussion topic you can find it.

Also run the app that @MaLd0n has give you. He is the best chance that you have to resolve the restart issue ;)

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm doing fine thanks, How are you doing?

Yeah it's been a while. The error you posted is because of the new macOS High Sierra and @Sherlocks made a kext which will solve that issue, if you ask him or search the Clover General Discussion topic you can find it.

Also run the app that @MaLd0n has give you. He is the best chance that you have to resolve the restart issue ;)

thanks bro 

I will wait for MaLd0n and see what he will say first

• Like 1