ASUS P8Z68V-PRO REV1.0 PROBELM INSTALLING SIERRA

newsman1

227 posts in this topic

Hi there

I will look at the config as soon as I can.

I'll get back to you, in the meanwhile take a look at the guide in my signature and how to create a custom ssdt for usb ports. I think we need to create a custom ssdt for your ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did make sure that USBInjectAll.kext is in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other because that is where all kext are 

and copied the config.plist to /EFI/Clover/ and reboot but still a no go one I notice the Model Identifier is changed from iMac12,2 to  iMac17,1

and my iMessage still not working

I did make sure that USBInjectAll.kext is in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other because that is where all kext are 

and copied the config.plist to /EFI/Clover/ and reboot but still a no go one I notice the Model Identifier is changed from iMac12,2 to  iMac17,1

and my iMessage still not working

Go to the Apple menu and click "About This Mac" and then select "System Report" select "USB" and then take a snapshot and post it.

About the iMac 17,1 you can use your previous config.plist.

My iMessage does the same thing and since I don't use iMessage on my computer I never investigated the problem.

yes i do have that option enabled in bios

the only thing i have disabled for the asmedia USB 3.0 is the battery charging support, I'm not sure it would makes a difference but i can enable that option and try it again. but I'm at work right now when i got home i can do that.

yes i do have that option enabled in bios

the only thing i have disabled for the asmedia USB 3.0 is the battery charging support, I'm not sure it would makes a difference but i can enable that option and try it again. but I'm at work right now when i got home i can do that.

Yeah I don't think that's the reason either but we can go through your BIOS settings and see if there's something out of place.

You can also give this kext file a test, put it in /EFI/Clover/kext/10.12 or /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other 

GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

for the BIOS setting can you please tell me what should I look for and I will do it because I did check XHCI hand-off and it is enabled and I did go through  the setting for the all the USB 3.0 and every thing is enabled. and I did enable the battery charging support just in case

​but I did try something (I read this somewhere  on the forum) I plugged my USB stick to the 3.0 port at reboot and when Sierra started it did recognize the USB stick and it is working but it it recognizes as a HUB so I'm not sure is that is the way it should be.

here is the snapshot for you see this Adata USB is plug it in to a 3.0 port  

I have a copy of the .ioreg file if you want to take a look at it

just let me know,

Thanks, :)  :)  :)

post-288845-0-05592400-1503606336_thumb.jpeg

and one more thing I need your help with is how can I have a multi boot option with out the need of the usb, because that is how I'm booting OS X Sierra. if do not have the usb it goes straight to windows. I have done some reading but I could not find a clear guide on how to do that the simple way.

Thanks,

and one more thing I need your help with is how can I have a multi boot option with out the need of the usb, because that is how I'm booting OS X Sierra. if do not have the usb it goes straight to windows. I have done some reading but I could not find a clear guide on how to do that the simple way.

Thanks,

Yeah send me your ioreg to see what's what.

For your dual boot problem you need to edit the boot entries to make clover default bootloader instead of windows.

Since other people have the same problem I'm writing a manual on the subject so I will send you a link as soon as it's done (Which will be in couple of hours)

• Like 1

I will check your IOReg file and I'll get back to you on that.

Ok, lets get to it.

I need you to remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the EFI folder and post another IOReg to compare the results.

ok this file is after i removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I reboot after that 

​I did try the BOOTICEx64 but I did not work for me all what it did is a new windows boot but with Mac OSX Sierra name I'm not sure what happen but I will go and check it again 

just one question is there supposed be a folder called Microsoft within the EFI partition because I did see this when I was reading about this problem 

here is a snapshot for the EFI partition on the USB and SSD and there is no Microsoft folder  

Newsman’s iMac.ioreg.zip

post-288845-0-88107600-1503688059_thumb.jpeg

post-288845-0-74684700-1503688068_thumb.jpeg

ok this file is after i removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and I reboot after that 

​I did try the BOOTICEx64 but I did not work for me all what it did is a new windows boot but with Mac OSX Sierra name I'm not sure what happen but I will go and check it again 

just one question is there supposed be a folder called Microsoft within the EFI partition because I did see this when I was reading about this problem 

here is a snapshot for the EFI partition on the USB and SSD and there is no Microsoft folder  

Did you install the windows on anther disk or it's on another partition on the same disk that you have macOS installed?

Ok, here's what you need to do in order to fix your USB 3.0.

Open your config.plist and from ACPI patches remove these patches:

change EHC1 to EH01

change EHC2 to EH02

and add change EUSB to EH01 from the "List Of Patches"

Reboot with fingers crossed :D