New nViidia Pascal GT 1030

Loloflat6

29 posts in this topic

You only need to install CUDA if you run Apps with  CUDA  support for accelerating something.

There are very less apps which sue CUDA. In general you dont need to install CUDA - but if you do it no problem. Simple not used without an CUDA APP.

Some of that Apps, supporting GPU accelerated stuff, give you the choice to use CUDA or OPENCL - in this case you could take OPENCL option if you dont want to install CUDA or test which works better, CUDA or OpenCL with your system.

I think some of newest Adobe Software (Video edit tasks, i dont know photo edit task also) let you choose between CUDA or OpenCL usage.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got the Gigabyte GT 1030. It has two outputs: DVI & HDMI. With only HDMI, no problem. If I connect the DVI, after the apple logo, black screen. If I connect only HDMI and boot, then after a successful boot connect the DVI, I get the second monitor ok. Any one could help to resolve this issue? Thanks

2 hours ago, Asphixmx said:

I got the Gigabyte GT 1030. It has two outputs: DVI & HDMI. With only HDMI, no problem. If I connect the DVI, after the apple logo, black screen. If I connect only HDMI and boot, then after a successful boot connect the DVI, I get the second monitor ok. Any one could help to resolve this issue? Thanks

try adding:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootDisplay</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>

clover default is 0