Hey guys, I'm a total beginner in Hackintosh but I've so far managed to install Sierra (12.3) on an old HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034 pre-built PC and everything seems to work fine (except USB 3.0 ports from mobo headers which are only recognized as USB 2.0) with some mods:
- FakeSMC for hardware monitoring and other compatibility stuff,
- Auto install of audio and network kexts;
- fixed chipset kexts: Sierra USB fixes like USB 3.0 [not working though], USBInjectall; FakePCIID kexts for USB 2/3 patch for 7/8/9 series mobo
- some other fixes like backing up several apple kexts like power management, AppleHPET, Policy control, MCEDriver, etc.)
- injected intel HD 4000 hardware IDs to use apple's native graphics kexts
Here's the HP support page with all the hardware info for my PC: https://support.hp.c...ument/c03791266
I swapped the Pentium G2020 CPU for an used Intel Core i5-3475S (with HD 4000) and added another used stick of 4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (total of 8 GB)
However, as you can see from the hardware specs listed in HP website, I have an Atheros AR5B125 half-lenght mini PCI-e card that is obviously not natively supported by MacOSX, so I want to get a Wifi+BT card that is natively supported without any custom kexts or any DSDT patching, etc. just something that is plug & play. I read around the forums that the BCM94360CD (i.e. this one sold by OSXWifi), which is pulled from 2013 iMacs and similar models, work natively with Sierra. However, since I have installed so many custom kexts, and done so many modification, I'm not sure if my system will be capable of using such a card once it's connected over PCIe X1 port (with the provided adapter that even has the antenas to mount in PCI brackets).
So, could anyone, pretty please, look at my system configuration to see if it'll work with the above mentioned Wifi+BT card???
Let me know what kind of system info you would need and I'll pots it ASAP! (I'm guessing ioReg and that stuff but I'll wait for you guys to tell me)
Thanks everyone beforehand for reading my long post; I'm so close to building the most extreme budget hackintosh to full capability!!!