148 replies to this topic

unknown1221

unknown1221

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Of course that is possible (Lilu+AppleALC+DSDT/SSDT):

That is excellent news. Could you please share how you did that? I notice that 1.14 version of AppleALC doesn't have X299 patches only X99 ones

I already have the CAVS to HDEF SSDT which makes HDEF show in IOReg, what other SSDTs or patches do I need?

My Codec is the Asus 1120 variant which is the 1120A

Could you please share your EFI folder

apfelnico

apfelnico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 42 posts

No special AppleALC patches are required.

• CAVS -> HDEF is the first step (Clover ACPI patch (or directly in the DSDT))

• The second is is a big change: PC00 -> PCI0 (and PC01->PCI1 and so on)

• And now set the layout ID to "7"

• optional you can describe the device "HDEF" with a "_DSM method"

send2moran

send2moran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

No special AppleALC patches are required.

• CAVS -> HDEF is the first step (Clover ACPI patch (or directly in the DSDT))

• The second is is a big change: PC00 -> PCI0 (and PC01->PCI1 and so on)

• And now set the layout ID to "7"

• optional you can describe the device "HDEF" with a "_DSM method"

hey,

can you explain how to change layout ID to "7" ? 

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Is it possible to attach your config.plist? If that's where you made the changes :)

I don't think it is real performance. Geekbench is partially a synthetic benchmark that takes some system values at face value instead of actually testing for performance. 

I am sure that if Gigamaxx and you compare Luxmark and Cinebench scores then there will be no discrepancy.

shaunc869

shaunc869

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Also what about electron based apps like Slack, etc do they crash if you try to run them without disabling the gpu? That's the issue I'm stuck up on.

fry

fry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys the rig is working, but know I’m having problems at boot, gets stuck in clover at the beginning, I have to use bcfg boot dump to boot again erasing the nvram.

I have te UD4 X299 and a 7900x , the Geekbench scores are around 41.000 so it’s kinda fine.

Shows the sata conector as generic? I’m using voodoo for audio and it’s perfectly working with the gtx 1070.

Please anyone can help me, I think is a pci express problem related since I have a pci for wifi and another one is the Thunderbolt alpine ridge ver 3 ( haven’t tested)

Thanks for your time

vandebergz

vandebergz

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

what did you use to install kexts on high sierra? is kext utility still working on high sierra?

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Architecture

what did you use to install kexts on high sierra? is kext utility still working on high sierra?

I use KCPM. It works really well and does a proper job of repairing permissions.

I just installed 10.13.2 and it's working way better.

The whole deal seems smoother and less prone to crashes, but the biggy is the vega FE. Finally it's as fast as in Windows and there are no GPU crashes in any software.

I delidded my 7900x and it's stable and running cool at 4.9Ghz.

So for anyone who is waiting for a stable High Sierra it's very close.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

I use KCPM. It works really well and does a proper job of repairing permissions.

I just installed 10.13.2 and it's working way better.

The whole deal seems smoother and less prone to crashes, but the biggy is the vega FE. Finally it's as fast as in Windows and there are no GPU crashes in any software.

I delidded my 7900x and it's stable and running cool at 4.9Ghz.

So for anyone who is waiting for a stable High Sierra it's very close.

What were your temps at stock before delidding versus after? I just got my 7900X working (ASRock X299 board) and stock temps seem fine with my H115i, but not anything higher. I am trying to decide if I should delid as well. 

How did you delid btw? I see there is some "kit" when I google.

By the way, for some reason I have to use one of Pike's kernel patches of XCPM_core_scope (just NOP'ed) in order to boot, otherwise it is cpus=1 land, even after changing a million BIOS settings. 

Once I have that one patch, then BIOS can be at default settings and I get nice clean consistent performance at max multiplier.

Sasha Medovarski

Sasha Medovarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I need little help. I instaled 10.13.1 on my custom machine: gigabyte X299 aorus gaming 3, i7 7820X, GTX 980Ti. I used clover from first page of this post. Problem is: when I played video without audio, works fine. When I played audio file, works. fine. When I played video with audio, machine crashes. Any idea? 

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

I need little help. I instaled 10.13.1 on my custom machine: gigabyte X299 aorus gaming 3, i7 7820X, GTX 980Ti. I used clover from first page of this post. Problem is: when I played video without audio, works fine. When I played audio file, works. fine. When I played video with audio, machine crashes. Any idea? 

Do you have the onboard audio working?

Is your CPU at stock speeds?

Ingwar77

Ingwar77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Any idea? 

BIOS CPU voltage 1.2v (not Auto)

Latest Clover (standard config.plist), apfs.efiNVIDIA WEB driver

You can try latest Lilu.kextNvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

No realtekALC, WhateverGreen, X99_Injector USB 3

My Clover EFI screenshots

Repair file permissions, rebuild system and kexts cashes

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

What were your temps at stock before delidding versus after? I just got my 7900X working (ASRock X299 board) and stock temps seem fine with my H115i, but not anything higher. I am trying to decide if I should delid as well. 

How did you delid btw? I see there is some "kit" when I google.

By the way, for some reason I have to use one of Pike's kernel patches of XCPM_core_scope (just NOP'ed) in order to boot, otherwise it is cpus=1 land, even after changing a million BIOS settings. 

Once I have that one patch, then BIOS can be at default settings and I get nice clean consistent performance at max multiplier.

I used the Rocket 99. It works great and if you follow the youtube tutorials it feels safe and easy.

Temps were down about 8deg on idle and 20deg under load. I tried it at my previous stable clock of 4.7 and it maxed out at 65deg, so even if you don't want high clocks I think it's worthwhile.

I heard that some Asus users need pikes XCPM too. Do you have good speedsteps?

You could try this one. It changes from time to time.

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   1.99MB   8 downloads

The VoodooTSCSync.kext is set up for my 10 core chip so you might like to change that...

Sasha Medovarski

Sasha Medovarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Do you have the onboard audio working?

Is your CPU at stock speeds?

My cpu is at stock speed, and audio works fine voodooHDA. But, something is wrong when I tried to play movie file. Music works OK too. 

I used the Rocket 99. It works great and if you follow the youtube tutorials it feels safe and easy.

Temps were down about 8deg on idle and 20deg under load. I tried it at my previous stable clock of 4.7 and it maxed out at 65deg, so even if you don't want high clocks I think it's worthwhile.

I heard that some Asus users need pikes XCPM too. Do you have good speedsteps?

You could try this one. It changes from time to time.

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

The VoodooTSCSync.kext is set up for my 10 core chip so you might like to change that...

I used just this clover folder, but my system was extremely unstable. Problem was in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I had to relace with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Thanks Surf! I ordered that same delidding kit. 

Yep, I have good looking speedstep, although it only goes down to 1.2GHz on idle rather than 700MHz I think it is capable of. Have you managed lower idles?

Intel Power Gadget reports ~30W at idle, which is about twice what I would like to see.

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Thanks Surf! I ordered that same delidding kit. 

Yep, I have good looking speedstep, although it only goes down to 1.2GHz on idle rather than 700MHz I think it is capable of. Have you managed lower idles?

Intel Power Gadget reports ~30W at idle, which is about twice what I would like to see.

My TIM was the holdup for this (in New Zealand). I used the Cryonought but it took a month to get here. The 5g I bought should do for about 10 delids haha. Like the videos tell you, only use about a pin head of it on each side. The syringe is not great, so put it on a clean surface first then transfer it to the CPU die with the tip.

My idle is the same as yours.

Sasha Medovarski

Sasha Medovarski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I just swich flag in my clover config named "fix darwin". After that, system became stable, but I still have a problem with playing movie file. Hmmm....I never had problem like this.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

I just swich flag in my clover config named "fix darwin". After that, system became stable, but I still have a problem with playing movie file. Hmmm....I never had problem like this.

Perhaps link a short file so others can test? If no one else has this problem with the same hardware and EFI, then that just leaves the BIOS or a hardware problem.

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I had to turn off hardware acceleration in my Chrome, that fixed my issues with youtube videos. It's better in the latest beta 2 (10.13.2) so no fix was required for that.

I also had to turn off anti-aliasing in the Heaven benchmark.

I thought this was just an issue with the vega but you can try these fixes.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

With Nvidia I have had to have hardware acceleration disabled in Chrome since 10.12.6. That continues with 10.13.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy