156 replies to this topic

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Causing Chaos just to watch the world burn

I don't know. For me Lilu and Plugins in 10.13b6 works fine without any bootargs! Maybe it's because you place those kexts in S/L/E or L/E instead of placing them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other where they HAVE TO BE? Stable work of Lilu and plugins guaranteed ONLY if you inject them with bootloader. If lilu and plugins are in kernel cache they behaviour become unpredictable. And if you have Lilu and plugins in S/L/E or L/E and in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other in the same time... :drool: :hysterical: Well... it could be anything in this case. Placing kexts in S/L/E or L/E is obsolete ton*mac legacy. Especially on systems with SIP!

no one uses s/l/e lol crazy to even think it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stehor

stehor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:MacMini6,1/asrock z97m anniversary/4790/hd4600 ozmosis/skylake builds asus h170m-e/i3-7100/16g r...

lets not argue with the dev please we all know that some users will always use s/l/e

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

lets not argue with the dev please we all know that some users will always use s/l/e

those are not users those are tonymac people

TombaFI

TombaFI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I don't know. For me Lilu and Plugins in 10.13b6 works fine without any bootargs! Maybe it's because you place those kexts in S/L/E or L/E instead of placing them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other where they HAVE TO BE? Stable work of Lilu and plugins guaranteed ONLY if you inject them with bootloader. If lilu and plugins are in kernel cache they behaviour become unpredictable. And if you have Lilu and plugins in S/L/E or L/E and in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other in the same time...  :drool:  :hysterical: Well... it could be anything in this case. Placing kexts in S/L/E or L/E is obsolete ton*mac legacy. Especially on systems with SIP!

Hi,

Sorry still missing AMD Fury Metal acceleration HS 10.13 b6. 

I also checked that I was not accidentally but Lilu or WhatEverGreen kext to S/L/E or S/L. So everything is as it should be at E/C/K/O

Also check boot arguments!

No go!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

vandroiy2012

vandroiy2012

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 329 posts

Hi,

Sorry still missing AMD Fury Metal acceleration HS 10.13 b6. 

I also checked that I was not accidentally but Lilu or WhatEverGreen kext to S/L/E or S/L. So everything is as it should be at E/C/K/O

Also check boot arguments!

No go!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry. No suggestions for beta macOS versions. Try to get acceleration without WhateverGreen and with helper card (IGFX primary and CSM enabled).

TombaFI

TombaFI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Sorry. No suggestions for beta macOS versions. Try to get acceleration without WhateverGreen and with helper card (IGFX primary and CSM enabled).

I forgot to mention that my IGP IntelHD 530 Is working without problems, ever since HS b1 was release.

Just wondering how it may be possible that Fury ’driver’ exists, but no not recognize acceleration?

mark-san

mark-san

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The AMD driver crashes and spits a backtrace to the system message buffer if i have more than one monitor plugged in while booting. I can get two monitors (three doesn't work) if i boot with one connected to DVI then plug another one to DP or HDMI. Hopefully High Sierra works better.

Ps.: I have a Hawaii card.

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

The AMD driver crashes and spits a backtrace to the system message buffer if i have more than one monitor plugged in while booting. I can get two monitors (three doesn't work) if i boot with one connected to DVI then plug another one to DP or HDMI. Hopefully High Sierra works better.

Ps.: I have a Hawaii card.

according to the devs that’s how everything should work but sadly most of us have the same issue 3 monitors don’t work period and we need 1 screen to boot and to plug another In after

TombaFI

TombaFI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

If any help with this?

Cheers!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ec6cl6

Attached Files

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Architecture

If any help with this?

Cheers!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ec6cl6

In HS it's that 9300 controller that prevents the kext patches we used in Sierra. And they still haven't included the kexts similar to the Vega for the fury / nano.

In the end I gave up and bought a Vega. Works great.

I tried deleting the 9300 controller kext and using the old patches. Might have promise for someone less noob than me.

Jofkos

Jofkos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi,

Can you please post the compiled SSDT so i can try with my card? It has the exact same connectors (R9 290).

please post he ssdt I will add it to the first post for 390x users

Here it is: (or is that not the compiled version?)

/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML Disassembler version 20140926-64 [Oct 24 2014]
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembly of iASL4F9kEC.aml, Sun Aug 20 12:10:38 2017
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x0000011E (286)
 *     Revision         0x02
 *     Checksum         0x9F
 *     OEM ID           "APPLE "
 *     OEM Table ID     "SSDTAMDG"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00001000 (4096)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20140926 (538183974)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("iASL4F9kEC.aml", "SSDT", 2, "APPLE ", "SSDTAMDG", 0x00001000)
{

External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Scope (PEG0)
        {
            Scope (PEGP)
            {
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x07)
                            {
                                "Slot-1"
                            }, 

"@0,AAPL,boot-display", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                            "connectors", 
                            Buffer (0x40)
                            {
                                /* 0000 */  0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0008 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x00, 0x22, 0x05, 0x02, 0x03,  /* ...."... */
                                /* 0010 */  0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0018 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x12, 0x04, 0x01, 0x01,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0020 */  0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0028 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00, 0x11, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0030 */  0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0038 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x04, 0x01, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x06   /* ........ */
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }
        }

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Store (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                             /* . */
                            }, Arg4)
                        Return (One)
                    }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                    {
                        Return (One)
                    }
                }
            }

Store (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                             /* . */
                }, Arg4)
            Return (Zero)
        }
    }
}

TombaFI

TombaFI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

In HS it's that 9300 controller that prevents the kext patches we used in Sierra. And they still haven't included the kexts similar to the Vega for the fury / nano.

In the end I gave up and bought a Vega. Works great.

I tried deleting the 9300 controller kext and using the old patches. Might have promise for someone less noob than me.

Yeah, 

I tried also to delete AMD9300controller.kext but it didn’t effect the result. 

Also added patched Sierra 10.12.6 AMD4100.kext to HS S/LE but still nothing! 

And same result with AMD9000Controller.kext modification. 

Not working!

I think i'll stay with my AMD Fury for a for a while, because it is still quite competitive in performance  vs. Vega. And also because it works fine now with Sierra 10.12.6.

It would be great to have support for HS?!

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

I got it to work on ryzen 10.12.6 with my rx 480 no more helper card! thanks to Gigamaxx!

The first thing i did is replace my efi with the efi he provided. Also copy over the nvram.plist 

Go and find 9500 and 9520 in  system/ library/extentions and right click and select show package contents. Once at a time. Go into content folder and delete info.plist for both these kext. Once your done go ahead and 

copy over these four kext  system/ library/extentions  AMD 9510Controller.kext AmdRadeonx4100) replace these two. Copy these three files lilu ,whatever green and the last lilu.ketx.dSYM 

right after use kext wizard!!!! if you wait to long your pc will shut down.. so do it asap. 

once everything is good you have to boot with the argument lilubeta and thats it!! full acceleration!!! 

No more helper card in 10.12.6 ryzen lol

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

if you get the prohibited sign right away i had to replace my kernal and pre kernal with original once to boot agian. but you might not have this issue

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Yeah, 

I tried also to delete AMD9300controller.kext but it didn’t effect the result. 

Also added patched Sierra 10.12.6 AMD4100.kext to HS S/LE but still nothing! 

And same result with AMD9000Controller.kext modification. 

Not working!

I think i'll stay with my AMD Fury for a for a while, because it is still quite competitive in performance  vs. Vega. And also because it works fine now with Sierra 10.12.6.

It would be great to have support for HS?!

Yes the vega's drivers aren't the best right now, but they are improving.

Tonight I was experimenting with overclocks and my ram at 3800 gave me another 20 points on cinebench open cl, CPU at 4.7 gave me another 10 points, so the vega is way more sensitive to CPU and memory speed than my old system. Quite fun really.

Aside from all that, the Vega is better with my CAD software than the Nano. A bit closer to the smoothness of the quadro. maybe it's just 16gb instead of 4...

TombaFI

TombaFI

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

So I just updated to HS b7. And appears that AMD4000.kext and AMD4100.kext went back!

Will take tomorrow to look more closely! 

Anyway looks quite promising!

Attached Files

superchase9000

superchase9000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

For whatever reason, I cannot get my MSI Armor OC RX 480 to output more than 1 screen at a time on High Sierra. It works perfectly fine on Sierra using no patches. Is there any way someone could help me here? I have no idea what to do or post for someone else to diagnose.

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

So I just updated to HS b7. And appears that AMD4000.kext and AMD4100.kext went back!

Will take tomorrow to look more closely! 

Anyway looks quite promising!

Great! Maybe finally the fury / nano guys can get onto HS :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whatevergreen, Macos, 10.12, 10.10, 10.11, 10.13

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy