WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,499 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can you please post the compiled SSDT so i can try with my card? It has the exact same connectors (R9 290).

please post he ssdt I will add it to the first post for 390x users

Here it is: (or is that not the compiled version?)

/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML Disassembler version 20140926-64 [Oct 24 2014]
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembly of iASL4F9kEC.aml, Sun Aug 20 12:10:38 2017
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x0000011E (286)
 *     Revision         0x02
 *     Checksum         0x9F
 *     OEM ID           "APPLE "
 *     OEM Table ID     "SSDTAMDG"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00001000 (4096)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20140926 (538183974)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("iASL4F9kEC.aml", "SSDT", 2, "APPLE ", "SSDTAMDG", 0x00001000)
{

External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Scope (PEG0)
        {
            Scope (PEGP)
            {
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x07)
                            {
                                "Slot-1"
                            }, 

"@0,AAPL,boot-display", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                            "connectors", 
                            Buffer (0x40)
                            {
                                /* 0000 */  0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0008 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x00, 0x22, 0x05, 0x02, 0x03,  /* ...."... */
                                /* 0010 */  0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0018 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x12, 0x04, 0x01, 0x01,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0020 */  0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0028 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00, 0x11, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0030 */  0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x14, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                                /* 0038 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x04, 0x01, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x06   /* ........ */
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }
        }

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("a0b5b7c6-1318-441c-b0c9-fe695eaf949b")))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Store (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                             /* . */
                            }, Arg4)
                        Return (One)
                    }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                    {
                        Return (One)
                    }
                }
            }

Store (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                             /* . */
                }, Arg4)
            Return (Zero)
        }
    }
}

In HS it's that 9300 controller that prevents the kext patches we used in Sierra. And they still haven't included the kexts similar to the Vega for the fury / nano.

In the end I gave up and bought a Vega. Works great.

I tried deleting the 9300 controller kext and using the old patches. Might have promise for someone less noob than me.

Yeah, 

I tried also to delete AMD9300controller.kext but it didn’t effect the result. 

Also added patched Sierra 10.12.6 AMD4100.kext to HS S/LE but still nothing! 

And same result with AMD9000Controller.kext modification. 

Not working!

I think i'll stay with my AMD Fury for a for a while, because it is still quite competitive in performance  vs. Vega. And also because it works fine now with Sierra 10.12.6.

It would be great to have support for HS?!

I got it to work on ryzen 10.12.6 with my rx 480 no more helper card! thanks to Gigamaxx!

The first thing i did is replace my efi with the efi he provided. Also copy over the nvram.plist 

Go and find 9500 and 9520 in  system/ library/extentions and right click and select show package contents. Once at a time. Go into content folder and delete info.plist for both these kext. Once your done go ahead and 

copy over these four kext  system/ library/extentions  AMD 9510Controller.kext AmdRadeonx4100) replace these two. Copy these three files lilu ,whatever green and the last lilu.ketx.dSYM 

right after use kext wizard!!!! if you wait to long your pc will shut down.. so do it asap. 

once everything is good you have to boot with the argument lilubeta and thats it!! full acceleration!!! 

No more helper card in 10.12.6 ryzen lol

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TQ3B5X0trbjhiczQ/view?usp=sharing

if you get the prohibited sign right away i had to replace my kernal and pre kernal with original once to boot agian. but you might not have this issue

Yeah, 

I tried also to delete AMD9300controller.kext but it didn’t effect the result. 

Also added patched Sierra 10.12.6 AMD4100.kext to HS S/LE but still nothing! 

And same result with AMD9000Controller.kext modification. 

Not working!

I think i'll stay with my AMD Fury for a for a while, because it is still quite competitive in performance  vs. Vega. And also because it works fine now with Sierra 10.12.6.

It would be great to have support for HS?!

Yes the vega's drivers aren't the best right now, but they are improving.

Tonight I was experimenting with overclocks and my ram at 3800 gave me another 20 points on cinebench open cl, CPU at 4.7 gave me another 10 points, so the vega is way more sensitive to CPU and memory speed than my old system. Quite fun really.

Aside from all that, the Vega is better with my CAD software than the Nano. A bit closer to the smoothness of the quadro. maybe it's just 16gb instead of 4...

• Like 1

So I just updated to HS b7. And appears that AMD4000.kext and AMD4100.kext went back!

Will take tomorrow to look more closely! 

Anyway looks quite promising!

Great! Maybe finally the fury / nano guys can get onto HS :)

• Like 1

I'm new to a lot of this information, so bare with me.

I'm using a Sapphire R9 270X 4GB card, and prior to these kexts, I was simply using the Futomaki framebuffer to get macOS up and running. Everything worked pretty well, but I didn't have full acceleration (low game FPS, and low benchmark scores) and my GPU was displaying as 7XXX as expected. 

After removing the framebuffer edits, and adding the new kexts, my card is properly displaying as the 270x, however I still seem to have the same performance issues. I'm not exactly sure if whatevergreen is supposed to be fixing this, or if this is something else. Anyone have an potential ideas/fixes?

Sierra 10.12.6 (iMac 14,2)

i5-4690k

R9 270X 4GB

Hi friends,

I have a chance with my old ATI graphics cards and WhateverGreen + Lilu in High Sierra?

1. Dell Optiplex780 with HD5450 (no EFI GPU bios, no metal support, no Injector iGPU available)
2. real MacPro3,1 with real HD5770 (real EFI GPU Bios, no metal support, no Injector iGPU available, no Clover)

With Sierra both have no problems.
With High Sierra and real Kext ---> Blackscreen

Both work with High Sierra very very well with Rollback Kext's from the Sierra:
AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, IOAccelerator2D.plugin and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

Unfortunately this solution is not update safe.

Is WhateverGreen only for ATI's new generation and Metal-supported graphics cards?

Hello. I wanted someone to input the correct information from my GPU.

Device: 6819
Vendor: 1002
SUB-Vendor: 1458 (Gigabyte)
SUB-Device: 255A

Here without this information, it is identified as AMD Radeon R9 270, being a 7850 HD.

And will it be possible to leave the "IOFBNeedsRefresh" key false on all outgoing ports?

Thank you friends

Hello. I wanted someone to input the correct information from my GPU.

Device: 6819
Vendor: 1002
SUB-Vendor: 1458 (Gigabyte)
SUB-Device: 255A

Here without this information, it is identified as AMD Radeon R9 270, being a 7850 HD.

Thank you friends

Here you go temporary kext. Will be in next release. 

WhateverGreen.kext.zip

• Like 1

Hello!

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 on my system.

Im having a MSI R9 380 4GB GPU. I had to install with a helper card, boot with it. Install clover and use WhateverGreen + Lilu. Change back to my 380 GPU. And voila! It worked. I can use 2 monitors with no problem.s 1080p. One thing that I noticed though in "About this Mac"my card is getting recognised as "AMD Radeon R9 285 4096 MB"

Also, another thing that I noticed. My first boot with helper card, my sound worked perfect. it recognised all the "Outputs". But when I enabled the "WhateverGreen" my sound stopped working. And the only thing I get as "Output" devices, is this: http://imgur.com/9ddqT0L

Everything works except this. Please help me.

Best regards Gustaf.

Hello!

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 on my system.

Im having a MSI R9 380 4GB GPU. I had to install with a helper card, boot with it. Install clover and use WhateverGreen + Lilu. Change back to my 380 GPU. And voila! It worked. I can use 2 monitors with no problem.s 1080p. One thing that I noticed though in "About this Mac"my card is getting recognised as "AMD Radeon R9 285 4096 MB"[/size]

Also, another thing that I noticed. My first boot with helper card, my sound worked perfect. it recognised all the "Outputs". But when I enabled the "WhateverGreen" my sound stopped working. And the only thing I get as "Output" devices, is this: http://imgur.com/9ddqT0L

Everything works except this. Please help me.

Best regards Gustaf.

This looks like audio output throgh the HDMI and or Displayports of the card. Were you using motherboard audio before?

This looks like audio output throgh the HDMI and or Displayports of the card. Were you using motherboard audio before?

Yes, but the HDMI sound is not working either. And yes, i used my headphones plugged into The front panel. Green + pink. Both sound and microphone worked. And i could see all my output devices in The sound manager.

Provide DPCI Manager->PCI List screenshot with subvendor an subdevice id's of your card.

Will do! Im at work atm, so will do that when i come home.

I've successfully installed both 10.12.6 as well as 10.13 DPs. WhateverGreen runs great on 10.12.6, but I can only get 1 of the 2 4K monitors to output any signal at once on 10.13.

I have tried patching connectors via DSDT, but I have not been able to figure this one out. Using WhateverGreen in 10.13, IORegistryExplorer shows that there are 2 monitors connected, but only one has the property 'display' beneath the AMDRadeonFramebuffer. The other output, if I select ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1, has the property 'display-training-fail' whereas the working display and correlating ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0 has the property 'dpcd-post-training'.

Using virtually identical config.plists, not injecting anything via clover in regards to graphics, and plugging, unplugging, and replugging the DP cables, I cannot get the second display to work. If I boot without the primary display in, the second one will become primary. I am at a loss here. Is there anything you can think of that I can try?

I am using a Z170X-UD3, 7700K, and MSI RX 480 Armor OC.

Hi, another noob connectors question :P

I put my GA R9 390x into the rig for a certain reason (the vega is crashing my CAD software - hardware acceleration I think) and I can't get it working. It's showing up fine and showing a monitor connected, but black screen.

I've tried all the outputs on the GPU.

edit: Running HS beta 7 and rig as below - X299, vega, 390x.

post-1564334-0-81510900-1504164414_thumb.pngpost-1564334-0-76424300-1504164436_thumb.png

here's a debug log :)

whatevergreen debug.rtf

On the plus side, it's the first time I've seen my GPUs correctly named!

Brilliant kexts guys.

• Like 1

At 10.12.5 did you get KP due to WhateverGreen.kext ?

In FX-6300 hackintosh I had this issue as reported by someone else here (Post# 41).

I found that if ApplePS2Controller.kext was replaced by VoodooPS2Controller.kext which can fix previous KP by WhateverGreen.kext in FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.5 or 10.12.6.

Here you go temporary kext. attachicon.gifWhateverGreen.kext.zip

Will be in next release. 

Wow!!! Thank you soooo much dude!

First of all I replaced the old one with the one you gave me. My GPU got recocnized as the one I have, and one other thing my OS booted ALOT faster. Dunno why, but thanks for that. Lol. Some new sound devices came up. But sound still didn't work. 

I decided to do a fresh install, since I have tempered with other sound kexts to get it working. Made a fresh install, put you kext in clover. and BOOM everything now works as it should.

Finally, for the first time I have a fully working Hackintosh. 

Thanks a lot again. Big ups to you.

Best Regards, Gustaf

• Like 3

Hi all, and excuse my English, I have an Asus H270 mini-iix with i7-7700 and rx 560 4GB SMSBIOS iMac18.2 used Sierra 10.12.6
To run the RX 560 I used Lilu.kext 1.1.7 and WhateverGreen.kext 1.0.4 I can have graphics acceleration and dual monitor with HDMI audio but the fan of the video card stops then reboots and refuses .... While with linux mini 18.2 always keeps on like any other cards ... .. I put a video to better understand the problem .......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gkc5PLVKhXa3pTLTVvR0RnZTA/view?usp=sharing

EFI.zip

iMac di Matrix.zip

post-334999-0-49924600-1504268804_thumb.png

post-334999-0-08254900-1504268813_thumb.png

post-334999-0-27810400-1504268822_thumb.png

Hi all, and excuse my English, I have an Asus H270 mini-iix with i7-7700 and rx 560 4GB SMSBIOS iMac18.2 used Sierra 10.12.6

To run the RX 560 I used Lilu.kext 1.1.7 and WhateverGreen.kext 1.0.4 I can have graphics acceleration and dual monitor with HDMI audio but the fan of the video card stops then reboots and refuses .... While with linux mini 18.2 always keeps on like any other cards ... .. I put a video to better understand the problem .......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gkc5PLVKhXa3pTLTVvR0RnZTA/view?usp=sharing

Usually on modern cards the fans should spin up under a heavy load. It is based on temperature. Try to run Unigine Benchmark it should spin up immediately after start. 

Question about FAQ: 

• What are the hardware requirements for WhateverGreen?
    Full UEFI without CSM. You are strongly recommended to flash a UEFI-compatible ROM unless your card already has it. Failing to do so will quite likely result in issues in multi-monitor configurations and possibly even in single-monitor configurations. It may stil work for non-UEFI motherboards, try at your own risk. There are known issues when using 2 or more GPUs in multi-monitor configurations

Does in this case UEFI talk means UEFI GPU ROM or UEFI Mainboard?

I ask, because i may buy an AMD GPU for my non UEFI Mainboard (no helper GPU in CPU) running Nvida GPU / 10.11 (10.12 also works) BUT! i use CHAMELEON, not Clover.

Can that .kext work together with non UEFI Mainboard and non UEFI Bootloader = Chameleon?