WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

I have a Radeon Pro WX7100, but my device ID is 0x67C4 and not the 0x67C0 or 0x67E0 included in WhateverGreen. FakeID is not compatible with WhateverGreen right? How do I go about changing the device ID? SSDT patching seems to be way over my head but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Here's some screen shots of my IOReg and System Profile.

Asus Maximus V Gene w/ I7-3770K

post-1216158-0-29407400-1502289868_thumb.png

post-1216158-0-53099600-1502289951_thumb.png

post-1216158-0-85658900-1502289957_thumb.png

I have a Radeon Pro WX7100, but my device ID is 0x67C4 and not the 0x67C0 or 0x67E0 included in WhateverGreen. FakeID is not compatible with WhateverGreen right? How do I go about changing the device ID? SSDT patching seems to be way over my head but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Here's some screen shots of my IOReg and System Profile.

WhateverGreen doesn't have any device-id's!!! Id's you see in kern_model.cpp was taken from native Apple kexts and used for correct name injection. In your case you have to use SSDT method. 

SSDT-PEGP.aml.zip Try it. 

• Like 2

WhateverGreen doesn't have any device-id's!!! Id's you see in kern_model.cpp was taken from native Apple kexts and used for correct name injection. In your case you have to use SSDT method. 

attachicon.gifSSDT-PEGP.aml.zip Try it. 

Thanks for the response, I added the file to Clover's ACPI patched folder and added:

<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<true/>

Didn't do anything :( I'm going to attach my DSDT.aml

DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks for the response, I added the file to Clover's ACPI patched folder and added:

<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<true/>

Didn't do anything :( I'm going to attach my DSDT.aml

You don't need DropOEM. Provide Ioreg...

• Like 3

I just put the two kexts in oz/darwin/ext/common/ and voila everything works as expected, but why did it pick teh radeon fb instead of baladi or whatever sufficient with R9 290X, anyway i'm a single monitor person and that solution is enough for me, kudos to the developers.

Provide DarwinDamper, Ioreg reports and your EFI folder. I'll look tomorrow. 

Hope this helps! Really appreciate you looking into it.

The DarwinDump and EFI folders are too big for uploading here.

DarwinDump

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1V9g4a1lGS1Q2ZsbGRaeG52Z1k

EFI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1V9g4a1lGS1ZUZOWVlmNmNtZGc

IOReg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1V9g4a1lGS1dGlSbE4yMklaN1U

I just put the two kexts in oz/darwin/ext/common/ and voila everything works as expected, but why did it pick teh radeon fb instead of baladi or whatever sufficient with R9 290X, anyway i'm a single monitor person and that solution is enough for me, kudos to the developers.

Unless you have a flashed gfx card with Apple EFI or use some kind of patching or injection, all non-flashed AMD cards will use default RadeonFramebuffer FB

I really hate the day I bought this card :)

dont its a dam good card if a dev ask you to try things do it all ok they seem to be giving great support now I think the rev id might be causing the 390x from working how many screens do you have ? If it’s more then one leave it on HDMI or dvi bottom and boot one screen then plug in another not top dvi but HDMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another tip add -liluforce and -lilubeta -radbeta use the debug kexts incase they need that info

• Like 1

dont its a dam good card if a dev ask you to try things do it all ok they seem to be giving great support now I think the rev id might be causing the 390x from working how many screens do you have ? If it’s more then one leave it on HDMI or dvi bottom and boot one screen then plug in another not top dvi but HDMI

Another tip add -liluforce and -lilubeta -radbeta use the debug kexts incase they need that info

I have a monitor connected via hdmi. no more. I will try. will report back.