WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Hello vit9696!

I have a question about Whatevergreen kext.

I successfully installed Mojave on my relatively old sandy-bridge system with AMD R9 270X video card,which is recognised as AMD 7xxxx,but on High Sierra is recognised as AMD R9 280X.

On Mojave the Whatevergreen kext is not loaded so the sleep does not work.

Is there any chance to get Mojave compatible Whatevergreen kext in the future.

Thanks for it! 

2 minutes ago, Bassguitarist said:

Hello vit9696!

I have a question about Whatevergreen kext.

I successfully installed Mojave on my relatively old sandy-bridge system with AMD R9 270X video card,which is recognised as AMD 7xxxx,but on High Sierra is recognised as AMD R9 280X.

On Mojave the Whatevergreen kext is not loaded so the sleep does not work.

Is there any chance to get Mojave compatible Whatevergreen kext in the future.

Thanks for it! 

Latest Whatevergreen support 10.14.

I installed the latest one from GitHub, the kext loaded, but IO registry does not show it.

The sleep does not work, also.

As I remember well vit9696 mentioned an issue about Whatevergreen kext compatibility on Mojave.

I hope that it will be solved in the future.

5 hours ago, Bassguitarist said:

I installed the latest one from GitHub, the kext loaded, but IO registry does not show it.

The sleep does not work, also.

As I remember well vit9696 mentioned an issue about Whatevergreen kext compatibility on Mojave.

I hope that it will be solved in the future.

You have to compile the latest Lilu and WhaterverGreen yourself using source from vit9696's GitHub to get the latest that works in Mojave.

yes:

v1.2.0

• Merged GPU kexts into one (AMD, Intel, NVIDIA) including H/W acceleration (Shiki)
  • Added binary and structural Intel framebuffer patches (thx to headkaze)
  • Added Intel CFL support
  • Fixed certain AMD multimonitor issues
  • Enabled 10.14 support by default
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Michelinu said:

Hi,

with latest version of Whatevergreen the DP audio from my RX580 is not anymore working.. Is there a solution?

At the moment I'm using the previous one.

@vit9696

Thank you 

Did you also update to latest Lilu? 

Hi,

since Sierra, HD530 (i3 6100) needs to use whatevergreen to fix black-screen and hang at boot.

but after that i got freeze issue randomly.

Could you please check with that information.

Thank you.

Hi, I am in High Sierra 10.13.6 now. My specs are: Intel i5-8250U + UHD620 DVMT 128MB. I now use IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in my system, and I want to migrate to WhateverGreen.kext. But after I change IntelGraphicsFixup to WhateverGreen, I cannot boot to OS X, always bootlooping. How to fix this problems?

Thank you.

19 hours ago, WinstonAce said:

Hi

Now that WEG replaced Nvidia and Intel lilu plugins, I get black screen when using WEG.

Mojave with GTX660 & HD4600.

any idea what to try?

I'm using iMac14,2 SMBIOS

Same issue here. iMac 17,1 Z170/6700K GTX1080 (with igpu enabled) boots to black screen with Lilu+Whatevergreen. Adding NvidiaGraphicsFixup fixes black screen but not the ideal fix of course.

20 hours ago, WinstonAce said:

Hi

Now that WEG replaced Nvidia and Intel lilu plugins, I get black screen when using WEG.

Mojave with GTX660 & HD4600.

any idea what to try?

I'm using iMac14,2 SMBIOS

Mojave is still Beta, graphics issue are common.. but you may try again with attached Lilu & Whatevergreen below.

(no longer need -lilubeta boot-arg under 10.14 #afaik). Good luck!

Lilu-1.2.6_Whatevergreen_1.2.0.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

HD 7770 outputs a black screen halfway through boot whenever the iGPU is enabled in BIOS (necessary for hardware video decoding). WG 1.2.0 and Lilu 1.2.5. High Sierra 10.13.5. VBIOS is UEFI. No connectors/framebuffers/platform-ids specified in config.plist. Using radpg=15 and -raddvi boot flags. Everything works fine if the iGPU is disabled, but I won't get hardware video decoding which is not ideal. For what it's worth, I (and others with the HD 7770) have never been able to get the iGPU+dGPU setup to work with previous WG and Lilu versions either, so I'm aware the chances of this issue being fixed are slim.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WinstonAce said:

Hi

Thanks for the replay

did you changed something in the code or just compiled latest trunk? (because I already tried that)

Just compiled yesterday w/o change anything. These Lilu & WEG worked? ;)

ellaosx, I am not aware of any. Any log and Xcode/OS info?

For everyone else. Check your system logs. In most case it is clear from the debug log of Lilu and plugins what is wrong. The releases were thoroughly tested before publication. It is very likely that your configuration (e.g. ACPI) is done wrong.

Proper reference instructions for different GPUs (written by me and several colleagues) are only available in Russian at the moment, you could try to follow them if you have doubts. Translations are welcome.

Intel: https://www.applelife.ru/posts/729378

AMD: https://applelife.ru/threads/ati-hd4xx0-hd5xx0-amd-hd6xx0-hd7xx0-r5-r7-r9-rx-vega.28890/

NVIDIA: https://applelife.ru/threads/nvidia-gt-x-750-950-980-maxwell-1030-1080-pascal.1546195/

IQSV: https://applelife.ru/threads/zavod-intel-quick-sync-video.817923/

Edited by vit9696

Hi vit9696,

thanks for your continous work!

I have a 2 display setup, 38 inch and a pivot 17 inch monitor. When using Lilu-1.2.6 and Whatevergreen_1.2.0 the 17inch monitor wakes up in a strange state with a quadratic unturned desktop in the middle, which does not react on clicks. Draw the HDMI plug for a short moment resets the monitor to normal. Is there a better solution for a correct wake up?

I didnt have this problem with Lilu 1.24, WEG 1.1.7, Shiki and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts.

10.13.6 and Clover 4618, no DSDT or SSDT, config file is attached

Malum-kexts.jpg.fc8a62ccfebd66208a36c1b27ded406a.jpg

Smallersen config.plist

Edited by Smallersen