WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,501 posts in this topic

Well, if someone can explain - or a link -  to get connectors, and how to create with this connectors an ssdt - or a link - for this kext, I really appreciate the help.

I have an Amd 390x

thank you.

check the First post i uploaded a SSDT edit it with your gpu name and place it in efi/clover/acpi/patched 

• Like 1

I have a bootable 10.12.6 running on my intel with the RX 560 with acceleration using whatevergreen and lilu!! Now how do I transition this to Ryzen?

The fix doesn't work for Sierra 12.6 and Ryzen.    It does work in Sierra 12.5 with Ryzen.

The fix doesn't work for Sierra 12.6 and Ryzen.    It does work in Sierra 12.5 with Ryzen.

this plugin seems to be built for intel cpu's see if you can get bonya to help you out finding out what it patches and see if he can add it

Edited by fantomas1
  • Like 1

Hey guys we are calm

We try to have less aggressive attitudes with each other

This will not get anywhere.

We waited more than a year to have polaris support.

When it arrived nobody could have predicted it and this is thanks to Vit9696

From El Capitan's first DP we had no more sleep

Now we have this too.

No one can say that devs are not working on these issues

It may take a week, a month ... no one can know

We just have to have patience

Discussions in this way do not bring any good thing.

Developers always helped us and every bug reporting user made sure that each project was better

Remember to @all

Forum rules

Please remember that you are in a public forum, abit of courtesy is always welcome.

• Like 7

fantomas1 thank you for the clean up

Hey guys we are calm

We try to have less aggressive attitudes with each other
This will not get anywhere.

We waited more than a year to have polaris support.
When it arrived nobody could have predicted it and this is thanks to Vit9696
From El Capitan's first DP we had no more sleep
Now we have this too.

No one can say that devs are not working on these issues
It may take a week, a month ... no one can know
We just have to have patience

Discussions in this way do not bring any good thing.

Developers always helped us and every bug reporting user made sure that each project was better

Rember to @all

Forum rules

thank you as well

First and last warning: this topic is not intended to serve as an outlet for grumpy users but as a support topic for WhateverGreen plugin.

Any help is appreciated and all who want to participate, your are more than welcome. For all others, return to your concerns, please. Do not waste your time as well as ours.

BR

fantomas1

• Like 4

A update for all i added a SSDT meant to fix some issues change your gpu id and name according to your own and about connectors wait for a guide if and when we can get it done

A update for all i added a SSDT meant to fix some issues change your gpu id and name according to your own and about connectors wait for a guide if and when we can get it done

Can you please send me you SSDT? I would like to compare it to mine.

I'm using both the latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext but keep getting this KP on boot http://i.imgur.com/hCizjAY.jpg This is my config.plist (Both kexts are in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.1

In clover boot menu use cursor arrows to go to "Options" select APCI and go to dsdt fixes.   Uncheck the entire list, then try another boot.

P.S. it would help tremendously if you included you hardware in your signature line.

In clover boot menu use cursor arrows to go to "Options" select APCI and go to dsdt fixes.   Uncheck the entire list, then try another boot.

P.S. it would help tremendously if you included you hardware in your signature line.

Sorry new here, and this is my hardware:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: Sapphire R9 390

Motherboard: Asus M5A99x Evo R2

RAM: Corsair 2x8GB

I'll try that now thank you!

Could you please repeat this panic with keepsyms=1 in bootargs. 

If the help above doesn't work I will post the panic here  :)

The whatever and lilu kexts are running well so far on Intel! I am feeding video playback to 3 monitors simultaneously (1440p, 1080p, 1280x1024) on 12.6 using the gigabyte radeon rx 560. Display port audio works too! I was wondering where my sound was coming from as the A/D was disconnected!

I could not get my Ryzen 12.5 installation to boot with acceleration from the kexts with the RX 560.

Edited by fantomas1
Please, stay focused on the topic! BR

Ah... You have AMD rig... Configurations with AMD CPU are not officially supported by Lilu and Plugins... 

It depends, I have  Ryzen 7 1700 running dual RX 480s in Sierra 12.5 however when I update to Sierra 12,6 it boots to black screen.    So the lilukext and WhateverGreenkext combo works on my AMD combo, just not in latest Sierra version.   If I boot with a helper card in 12.6 it works and I get the Radeon Pro 480/575 in about this Mac.   So they are working somewhat in 12.6 just not fully.    

The whatever and lilu kexts are running well so far. I am feeding video playback to 3 monitors simultaneously (1440p, 1080p, 1280x1024) on 12.6.

On Ryzen, or Intel?

• Like 1

Guys, please stay on topic! I do not know what Windows Ryzen or even Nvidia performance has to do with this topic. You asked for a dedicated topic for WhateverGreen plugin's support and now that you have it, your discussion fall into the off topic.

Also, please give developers all due respect!!!  We take this matter very seriously, as developers are the very heart of our community.

I hate to repeat myself (hum... to whom have I already said that?) but if you disagree with no matter who, always be kind and professional. Everyone here has been a noob at one point or another, so be understanding even if someone is wrong. We want this to be a happy community, and kindness/cheerfulness makes that happen. And if there is a risk that the discussion becomes envenomed then continue or end it through PM. This will prevent your comments from being deleted.

Have a nice day/night

fantomas1

• Like 6

Ahh thanks anyway, I guess I'll play around with different kernels

Well, Vandroiy is perfectly right in regards to AMD, but let me make some clarifications in case AMD kernel devs read this.

To be precise, your CPU throws an unsupported opcode exception at 0x3c97 of the release version of WhateverGreen 1.0.3.

Yet there is nothing non-standard really here:

0000000000003c4b FF5028                 call       qword [rax+0x28]
0000000000003c4e EB47                   jmp        loc_3c97

0000000000003c94 4531FF                 xor        r15d, r15d  
0000000000003c97 498B07                 mov        rax, qword [r15]
0000000000003c9a 488D3594240000         lea        rsi, qword [0x6135]
0000000000003ca1 4C89FF                 mov        rdi, r15
0000000000003ca4 FF90B8020000           call       qword [rax+0x2b8]
0000000000003caa 4885C0                 test       rax, rax
0000000000003cad 0F8478010000           je         loc_3e2b
And what I do not see in WhateverGreen at all is the 97 8C B1… invalid opcode byte sequence mentioned in the log.

This pretty much sounds like the kernel garbled RIP or something alike, and it is definitely not WhateverGreen compiled with some special CPU extensions not available on AMD.

• Like 5

check the First post i uploaded a SSDT edit it with your gpu name and place it in efi/clover/acpi/patched 

The file is opening like txt, I delete de txt and let .aml, but lost some property or something. Could be?

The file is opening like txt, I delete de txt and let .aml, but lost some property or something. Could be?

After downloading, you have to rename the file by removing .txt extension. That is, rename it to SSDT-290X.aml.

You can then open it with the dsdt editor.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1