WhatEverGreen Support Topic

MattsCreative
1,499 posts in this topic

what about playing Netflix on safari? do you see black window s+ green artifacts? while it's playing fine on firefox for example. obviously using Shiki + lilu

disable iGPU or use shiki.kext with shikigva=1 boot argument to use online render instead of offline.

• Like 1

Hi I have an AMD 580 8 GB running with WhateverGreen.kext 1.04 and Lilu.kext 1.17 on Sierra 10.12.6

It is running fine. No Clover injection or anything else on Z270X-Gaming 5 Gigabyte mobo.

Now I want to add another 580 8 GB and then OSX just won't boot.

BIOS, Clover and OSX starts fine but when it comes to sending signal to screen it stops and ends with almost black screen.

Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Or point me to an direction?

I have searched myself but can't find anything yet.

Using Clover_v2.4k_r4200

Thanks!

Got this thing running on High Sierra with Whatevergreen and Lilu and SMBIOS MacPro 6.1

Runs fine and all 36 units running. Have to do some real life test but I consider this as solved.

Thanks!

disable iGPU or use shiki.kext with shikigva=1 boot argument to use online render instead of offline.

thank you for the tip.

I cannot disable igpu because I need quick sync.

tried with shikigva=1 and this is result: Netflix gives me error and now even youtube video have problems with green artifacts.

​that's strange because I was used with Sierra + Nvidia pascal to have Netflix working with same config.plist and same kexts combo

thank you for the tip.

I cannot disable igpu because I need quick sync.

tried with shikigva=1 and this is result: Netflix gives me error and now even youtube video have problems with green artifacts.

​that's strange because I was used with Sierra + Nvidia pascal to have Netflix working with same config.plist and same kexts combo

did you install the supplemental update for High Sierra?

since this update Netflix don't work anymore and with iGPU get the green artifacts but only on Netflix.youtube works good and iTunes works fine without shiki.kext used the Offline decoder.

I don't no if it's possible to fix the green artifacts by patching the AppleGVA.framework via shiki.kext or so.

• Like 1

did you install the supplemental update for High Sierra?

since this update Netflix don't work anymore and with iGPU get the green artifacts but only on Netflix.youtube works good and iTunes works fine without shiki.kext used the Offline decoder.

I don't no if it's possible to fix the green artifacts by patching the AppleGVA.framework via shiki.kext or so.

yes, I did the supplemental update.

and now, even my photo app get my hack freezing, like steam game app.

I get green artifacts when using shikigva=1, otherwise youtube runs perfectly.

​I can play Netflix well with firefox. issue only with safari

Amazing it slept! Of course I want to see more, here is the faq bit im interested in:

How do I get HDMI audio to work?

In general it should be enough to rely on WhateverGreen automatic HDAU correction. It renames the device to HDAU, and injects missing layout-id and hda-gfx (starting with onboard-2) properties. This will not work well with two or more cards of different vendors (e.g. NVIDIA and ATI/AMD), please manually inject the properties in such a case. For identifiers not present in AppleHDAController and AppleHDA you have to add necessary kext patches, see AppleALC example for 290X

It's not worked. There is no nvidia card btw. Is it because of the already present dsdt edit for hdmi audio? Need I remove that or the latter here identifiers not present? How does one go about getting that going through clover injection? I may find the parts for the kexts but not sure on clover.

Is device id 0x67C7 supported by Apple? It’s the Radeon Pro WX 5100 and a Polaris 10 spec card with less stream processors. Similar to the Radeon Pro 570. I see the WX 7100 in the whatevergreen code, but not the WX 5100. (I have the card btw if I need to test anything). If it does not work, I'll order a WX 7100.

More Info Bios

More Info General

//Edit

I tried with lilu and whatevergreen but it's not recognized. The device id is in AMDRadeonX4250.kext listed though.

Got it working by adding device id '67C0' as mask 'device-id' in a ssdt.

post-18792-0-09806200-1507621628_thumb.png

Hi everyone,

I've just installed High Sierra on my hackintosh yesterday and everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't get DVI output on my ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GD5. HDMI works fine (I can't test the DisplayPort output because I don't have a DP cable lying around) but both DVI ports give me a black screen. The monitor is detected properly by macOS, but nothing is displayed, even if I boot with a single monitor plugged into the DVI port.

I have Lilu 1.2.0 and WhateverGreen 1.1.0 installed. Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I've just installed High Sierra on my hackintosh yesterday and everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't get DVI output on my ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GD5. HDMI works fine (I can't test the DisplayPort output because I don't have a DP cable lying around) but both DVI ports give me a black screen. The monitor is detected properly by macOS, but nothing is displayed, even if I boot with a single monitor plugged into the DVI port.

I have Lilu 1.2.0 and WhateverGreen 1.1.0 installed. Any ideas?

Try -raddvi, connector-priority, etc... Read the FAQ, read this topic...

well initially sleep worked but nothing really changed except after trying out that example ssdt for r9 290x, it doesnt anymore.

made sure to remove all traces of it and the settings are the same as when sleep worked but it doesnt. This is an r9 290 and

have tried turning off the framebuffer "radeon" and removing the fakeid for sleep but that didnt help.

was also wondering if since the setup is using 10.11.6 that the hdmi audio does not work?

edit: ok i saw in the confirmation post it was 10.12.6/13 that the r9 290x worked with hdmi audio.

Still not sure what happened to the sleep all of a sudden... it worked the 1st time then stopped till the kexts went into 

"other" and was consistently working but not after trying that ssdt. now im stumped.

debug results in mostly this:

cat /var/log/system.log | egrep '(WhateverGreen|Lilu)'

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Lilu

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.1.7 (Lilu)

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport kext file

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kext file

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ lookup patching applied only 0 patches out of 2

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Lilu

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.1.7 (Lilu)

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport kext file

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kext file

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ lookup patching applied only 0 patches out of 2

cat /var/log/system.log | egrep '(AppleALC|Lilu)'

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Lilu

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.1.7 (Lilu)

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport kext file

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kext file

Oct 10 23:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ lookup patching applied only 0 patches out of 2

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Lilu

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Lilu Kernel Extension 1.1.7 (Lilu)

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport kext file

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ failed to init MachInfo for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: api @ failed to load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer kext file

Oct 10 23:24:03 localhost kernel[0]: Lilu: patcher @ lookup patching applied only 0 patches out of 2

Maybe its the igfx needs load first but this processors igfx causes clover not to load in this case maybe try with supported igfx?

Try -raddvi, connector-priority, etc... Read the FAQ, read this topic...

I hadn't noticed connector-priority, and I'm not sure how to use/apply it. I tried adding -liludbg, -liludbgall, and -raddbg to see what the default value is in while booting but I'm not seeing anything and I can't find the boot log anywhere on my computer. I'm using CloverConfigurator because I'm quite new to this. How would I go about defining something in connector-priority?

I hadn't noticed connector-priority, and I'm not sure how to use/apply it. I tried adding -liludbg, -liludbgall, and -raddbg to see what the default value is in while booting but I'm not seeing anything and I can't find the boot log anywhere on my computer. I'm using CloverConfigurator because I'm quite new to this. How would I go about defining something in connector-priority?

Try to read this topic carefully. It's only 14 pages. I already explained how to do this. 

Hi @vandroiy2012

I'm just curious Is it possible to use lilu and whatevergreen on older hardware to boot into High Sierra? I tried and it will give me the black screen. I remember I've read about not using these kexts on older hardware in the read me on the whatever green on git hub.

They work fine on Sierra though.

My rig is: GA-EP45, Core 2 Duo E8400 and the GPU is Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 Dual-X 1GB.

Thanks for you support and your time man :)

Hi @vandroiy2012

I'm just curious Is it possible to use lilu and whatevergreen on older hardware to boot into High Sierra? I tried and it will give me the black screen. I remember I've read about not using these kexts on older hardware in the read me on the whatever green on git hub.

They work fine on Sierra though.

My rig is: GA-EP45, Core 2 Duo E8400 and the GPU is Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 Dual-X 1GB.

Thanks for you support and your time man :)

Sorry. I don't have non-uefi hardware for tests, but on applelife.ru several users gave positive reports with non-uefi rigs and WhateverGreen.kext.
  • Like 1

Sorry. I don't have non-uefi hardware for tests, but on applelife.ru several users gave positive reports with non-uefi rigs and WhateverGreen.kext.

Thanks for your quick reply and the tip, I will check applelife.ru to see how they did it :)

Cheers

Try to read this topic carefully. It's only 14 pages. I already explained how to do this. 

I think I might actually be retarded; I don't know how I didn't see your previous answer on connector-priority. However, I had no luck playing around with that. WhateverGreen is properly detecting all the ports (DP, HDMI, DVI, DVI) but I tried all 24 possible combinations and I wasn't able to get anything out of DVI, and I know the changes were applying since when I checked the log the priority numbers changed. The system is properly detecting the card (AMD Radeon HD 7770, device ID 683D) and both monitors. I'm terribly confused.

Thanks for being so patient with me, and I'm sorry for being so dumb.

I think I might actually be retarded; I don't know how I didn't see your previous answer on connector-priority. However, I had no luck playing around with that. WhateverGreen is properly detecting all the ports (DP, HDMI, DVI, DVI) but I tried all 24 possible combinations and I wasn't able to get anything out of DVI, and I know the changes were applying since when I checked the log the priority numbers changed. The system is properly detecting the card (AMD Radeon HD 7770, device ID 683D) and both monitors. I'm terribly confused.

Thanks for being so patient with me, and I'm sorry for being so dumb.

Did you try -raddvi bootarg?

• Fixes transmitter/encoder in autodetected connectors for multimonitor support (-raddvi)

On a R9 290. For arbitrary fake id I use the pci address but not sure what else. I try custom properties

key: fake id

value: 0x67B01002

then there is type.. string, data or number for that value

what does putting radeon in the frame buffer section in clover do since its not one?

not sure if this will help the situation. Does the debug info from post #261 give a clue to what the cause of 

inoperability is?

On a R9 290. For arbitrary fake id I use the pci address but not sure what else. I try custom properties

key: fake id

value: 0x67B01002

then there is type.. string, data or number for that value

what does putting radeon in the frame buffer section in clover do since its not one?

not sure if this will help the situation. Does the debug info from post #261 give a clue to what the cause of 

inoperability is?

It should be like that

post-1069282-0-43637900-1507763273_thumb.png

Just copy it

<key>Arbitrary</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Inject AMD Graphics properties</string>
				<key>CustomProperties</key>
				<array>
					<dict>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>device-id</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<data>
						sGcAAA==
						</data>
					</dict>
				</array>
				<key>PciAddr</key>
				<string>01:00.00</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

About choosing correct PciAddr look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325987-whatevergreen-support-topic/?p=2489296

And obligatorily disable clover ATI injection!!!

• Like 1

Yep. Tried connector-priority with and without raddvi, no change.

Does your mainboard UEFI-capable? Does your card have UEFI VideoBIOS? If both questions "yes" try to disable CSM and make PCIe graphics card primary. If first question "yes" and second "no" try to find way to flash UEFI VideoBIOS in your card. Search Google how to flash UEFI GOP in AMD videocards. If first question "no" you could try different VideoBIOSes even from another vendor. Just make sure that type and amount of connectors, video memory and GPU/Memory frequencies will be equal to your card.

That's all i can suggest you.  

• Like 1