Problem stopping Natit from running, ideas?

Guest Kal

4 posts in this topic

For the record; AMD SSE2 using .7 with the .8 updater installed after. The card is a 7600GS 512MB PCI-E card. The other night it was at least getting to the `black screen` stage with Natit, now every time from the point I add the .8 kexts (which I do and then run the Natit installer right after), all I get is this before Natit starts up and appears to detect the card:

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.nvidia.nv40hal.

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[0mPES1: family specific matching fails

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport.

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[0mkld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.GeForce.

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[0mkld_load_from_memory() failed for module com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport.

Nov 8 15:03:25 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[0mCouldn't alloc class "NVDANV40HAL

I can't figure out the cause of this and am pretty desperate to at least get back to the "black screen" stage again, and I've reinstalled OS X several times over now to try get it working again. If anyone knows what causes this and/or how to fix it, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Kal.

The proceedure I was using, I downloaded and added the new kexts from the desktop, deleted the kextcache/m, repaired permissions using diskutil, ran Natit installer right after, then repaired permissions again before rebooting. I'm also sure it's related to permissions but I just can't seem to get the correct sequence going.

The solution to this? NOT to use the IONDRVSupport.kext from .8! I replaced it with the .6 version after finding someone else mentioned that one. I now get the black screen once again. It's progress..!