[SOLVED] No video from my GTX 970 on Haswell

imjohnjo

7 posts in this topic

Hello again community !!!

A few days ago I did a topic in the spanish forum, in which I explained that I did not have audio and video, but I make this new issue because the audio could solve it, but I can not run my VGA which as the title says is a GTX 970 4GB.

I told them that I followed RampageDev's guide, using their DMGs. When choosing the config.plist of the first step of the guide Post Installation with DMG Haswell (my processor is an i5 4690k) I choose the one in the Standard folder, which according to the guide of Rampage, is for those who do not use the Web Nvidia Drivers

870.png

After that I continue with the guide process and install everything correctly, audio, network etc. After completing the Haswell DMG Post Installation Guide, reboot, and everything is fine. Now, my problem is which guide I have to choose to install my VGA, which of these three guides:

4D2.png

980.png

3A2.png

I saw each of them, and option 1 is not for my VGA because it is up to version 10.8.2 of OSX, option 2 could be for my 970, but the version of drives is up to 10.12.4 v2 and besides I Had chosen the standard method that would not have the Nvidia Web Drivers. And option 3 asks me for the SSDT / DSDT injection, I follow the steps of the guide, Ioreg download installed it, OSX start and in Clover I choose the Inject Nvidia option and uncheck the Use Nvidia Web Driver option,

379.png

Already on the desktop open Ioreg, and when I go to look for the specific option that shows the guide (PCI1@2), I can not find this line:

screen-shot-2013-02-14-at-6-13-23-pm.png

As an observation, there are also the above lines, NPEA@16, NPEB@0, NPEC@5, NPED@5.2, NPEE@5.4. As well neither GFX0@0, AGPM, gpu-control.

I thank the time to read and still more if they can help me !!!

Guest ricoc90

Boot with nv_disable=1, Then download and install the web drivers corresponding to your macOS build number from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/
and reboot.

Then either tick "Use NVIDIA Web Drivers" (which you'll have to do everytime you boot), or add this to your config.plist (under SystemParameters):

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

If you want to go the DSDT route instead, you'll need to find out where your graphicscard is located. Open IOReg and enter "display" in the searchbox.

Boot with nv_disable=1, Then download and install the web drivers corresponding to your macOS build number from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/

and reboot.

Then either tick "Use NVIDIA Web Drivers" (which you'll have to do everytime you boot), or add this to your config.plist (under SystemParameters):

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

If you want to go the DSDT route instead, you'll need to find out where your graphicscard is located. Open IOReg and enter "display" in the searchbox.

Thanks friend!!! I tried but it did not work. After doing so, load up half in the Apple logo and reboot, the only way to get back to the desktop with the Nvidia Web Drivers installed, is to deactivate from the menu Clover in the boot, the option Use Nvidia Web Drivers and activate Inject Nvidia ....

Another possible solution? ....

Try this:

<key>InjectNvidia</key>
<false/>

And:

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

For me always works with InjectNvidia as False.

Thanks for your help!! But I do not work ....

One question, those changes do I have to make them in the config.plist file that is inside the EFI unit and inside the CLOVER folder, right?

If that is correct, that's where I made the changes with the text editor

Thanks for your help!! But I do not work ....

One question, those changes do I have to make them in the config.plist file that is inside the EFI unit and inside the CLOVER folder, right?

If that is correct, that's where I made the changes with the text editor

You need to make the changes to your config.plist with a plist editor like xcode or plisteditpro or Clover Configurator not a text editor, Text editors can and will corrupt the formatting.

If you are unable to do this yourself, post your zipped CLOVER folder minus serial number for someone to help you.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your help. I was able to solve the video problem. I used a VGA cable and apparently that type of connection does not recognize the Nvidia and OSX Web Drivers. I put an HDMI cable AND IT'S SOLVED!

But using the HDMI cable I turned off the audio onboard of my motherboard, and I needed the audio input from my onboard, so what I did was switch with the Clover Configurator in "Device" option Audio Inject, I chose "NO ". Keep the changes and start again, I already recognized the video with my GTX 970 to full and the two sound drivers, the HDMI and motherboards onboard.

I am grateful for this community, if it is true I solve it alone, y desafortunadamente solo hablo español (the whole subject I translated it with the Google Translator) I did it researching based on their answers and advice, and that gave me the courage to I risk it even if I have to reinstall everything again.

Thank you thank you thank you! I finally have my Hackintosh fully functional

:)