Installing MAC OS on AMD A6 6400k. Currently i am a WINDOWS 10 user.

guyz_ahead

2 posts in this topic

Hi, after reading @shaneee's post i was quite convinced that my CPU is officially supported. I have no clue how to install MAC OS X SIERRA --- 10.12.4 on my RIG ---

AMD A6 6400K

8 GB RAM

120GB SSD

1.5TB HDD

CORSAIR CX430

TPLINK EXTERNAL WIFI ADAPTER

Please guide me from step by step on how do i install the Mac OS and then flash the kernel 10.12.4test2 that I have seen working with my CPU in the forum. I am very depressed coz this is my first ever try on a Mac OS.

I join my hands and request from the bottom of my heart to treat me as a learning child and teach me as if I am complete noob.

Thanking You

Parth

guyz_ahead

Sent from my Moto MAXX using Tapatalk

Looking at the CPU specs, it does support SSE4.1 instructions which is needed to run 10.12 Sierra.

You can get premade image for AMD CPUs where you can use Transmac in Windows to image it onto USB: https://forum.amd-osx.com/bbdownloads/sierra.html

If you want to or need to create the USB install media yourself, you'll need access to an existing computer or virtual machine running OS X. If that is your case, then you can take a look at this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310098-el-capitan-install-preparation/ making Sierra install media is more or less the same, you just need to use the provided Extra folder and USB fixes for Sierra that you can get from amd-osx.com.

With your question regarding installing the new kernel, you are simply replacing the vanilla kernel file with the one you want to use. Take a look at this page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312049-amd-post-install-preparation/. You would do the same thing with your install media if the one that comes on the premade image doesn't work, or if you are making your install media  from scratch.

(side note to Shaneee: there's no need to use -R (recursive) when you're copying a file or multiple files by themselves separate from a folder, the kernel file in this case. yours truly, nawcom the unix shell syntax nazi :-P)

APU graphics aren't supported so you need to get a supported graphics card. And running macOS without a supported graphics card pretty much makes it worthless. You can still boot up the OS and get into the desktop though, it's just that graphics will generally be choppy. A number of macOS programs need Core Image / Quartz Extreme support (graphics acceleration) in order to work correctly. After all, there's really no such thing as a real Mac that comes with an unsupported graphics card.

For your wireless card, you need to be specific about the model if you are asking if it is supported.

• Like 1