I got a new Dell Inspiron DT 3668 i5-7400 Kaby Lake for my daughter to play game and school work. The League of Legend could achieve 80-120 fps on Kaby Lake graphics with Windows 10. I installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 since she likes Mac OS better than Windows 10. After a few nights of reading, trials and errors, I got the iMac18,2 working on the Desktop.
So what's working and what's NOT.
Things that are working that's important to me:
- Graphics full acceleration QE/CI - League of Legend fps = 70-83.
- Sound fully working front and back panel: all jacks and microphone using VoodooHDA 2.9.0d.
- Ethernet RT8168 is fully functional, fast internet.
- Bluetooth built in DW1707 is working - pairing with BT headphone perfectly.
- Wifi buitl-in DW1707 is working but limited to 11Mps using Chunnan patch.
- Dual Boot Windows 10 and macOS Sierra using Clover 4114.
Things that are NOT working:
Wifi Qualcom Atheros 168c0036, even with Info id patched.
I downloaded the 10.12.6 from the Apps store and created USB installer and Clover bootloader 4114.
- For those who has no Mac but can get a untouched 10.12.6 image and want to create the first Hackintosh with Windows 10 only then follow these videos.
- Get an 8GB flash drive and create an installer and Clover bootloader using BootDiskUtilites, 7zip
- Get an external USB hard drive to install the macOS Sierra to make sure it works on the Desktop.
- Create Clover bootloader make sure to put these 4 files: Lilu.kext (1.1.5), Shiki.kext (2.0.3), IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (1.1.5), IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext (1.1.8) - Only use 10.12 folder in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/
Install Sierra to external USB Hard drive.
Post Sierra Installation