Windows boot ruins macOS system

HubiWiWI

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I updated my Mavericks system to Sierra recently. Except USB 3 issues that I didn't fix for the moment, so far so good.

I had Mavericks on SSD 1, and a Windows 10 installed on my 2nd SSD (Clover bootloader v4114). I never had any issue between Windows and macOS before.

Now that Sierra is installed, every time I boot with Clover on my Windows system, when I restart to go back to Mac I have a prohibitory sign and can't access it. I have to boot from a clone backup drive to restore my Mac SSD to its previous state.

Any ideas of what's causing this ?

Thanks

Hello,

I updated my Mavericks system to Sierra recently. Except USB 3 issues that I didn't fix for the moment, so far so good.

I had Mavericks on SSD 1, and a Windows 10 installed on my 2nd SSD (Clover bootloader v4114). I never had any issue between Windows and macOS before.

Now that Sierra is installed, every time I boot with Clover on my Windows system, when I restart to go back to Mac I have a prohibitory sign and can't access it. I have to boot from a clone backup drive to restore my Mac SSD to its previous state.

Any ideas of what's causing this ?

Thanks

I think you need to change the SMBIOS settings in your config.plist what is the current SMBIOS settings?

Boot with -v boot flag and see the error or post a picture of your verbose log to know for sure.

I think you need to change the SMBIOS settings in your config.plist what is the current SMBIOS settings?

Boot with -v boot flag and see the error or post a picture of your verbose log to know for sure.

Really weird, I activated verbose mode in my config.plist and now the problem disappeared, it boots without issues after going to windows.

Can I let verbose activated ? It's not bad for anything right ?

Really weird, I activated verbose mode in my config.plist and now the problem disappeared, it boots without issues after going to windows.

Can I let verbose activated ? It's not bad for anything right ?

No, it's not gonna affect anything if you leave the verbose on.

If you leave it on and if the problem occurs again we can see the error and then we can fix it.

It happens sometimes when you install (or large update) Windows and the OS X hard drive is already in use, the Windows installer (or updater) writes the windows boot manager into the EFI partition of the OS X, so even in the BIOS you will not be able to find the EFI partition of the OS X.

My suggestion:

1. Go to the Clover EFI partition and delete the folder called Windows, but at this moment you will not be able to boot Windows, only OS X.

2. Install Windows again from beginning but with OS X hard drive unplugged so you make sure Windows is installing only in the desired hard drive.

3. After all done, plug the OS X hard drive again and set it as first boot drive in the BIOS.

If thats the case, otherwise I don't know.