AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

@jsl, try using IOReg and check the top kernel signature.    Its weird but this is Shaneee's kernel with Bronya prelinkedkernel and it shows Bronya kernel in IOReg.    This is the only combination that works for me except using both Bronya kernel and prelinkedkernel but its 17.0 version not 17.3 and is more buggy for me.     In 13.4 beta2 my WiFi is out so I can't test safari or chrome.   The odd thing is this combination also works and boots on Intel systems.   Maybe if we can get a decent prelinkedkernel generated it will work better in 13.4 but the official version doesn't want to rebuild for me.

@ Shanee, the 13.4 kernel is 15.7mb check this copy of it to compare for reference?

13.4 kernels.zip

@jsl, try using IOReg and check the top kernel signature. Its weird but this is Shaneee's kernel with Bronya prelinkedkernel and it shows Bronya kernel in IOReg. This is the only combination that works for me except using both Bronya kernel and prelinkedkernel but its 17.0 version not 17.3 and is more buggy for me. In 13.4 beta2 my WiFi is out so I can't test safari or chrome. The odd thing is this combination also works and boots on Intel systems. Maybe if we can get a decent prelinkedkernel generated it will work better in 13.4 but the official version doesn't want to rebuild for me.

@ Shanee, the 13.4 kernel is 15.7mb check this copy of it to compare for reference?

That's because the prelinkedkernel contains Bronya's kernel and loaded kexts when it was built. If you booted without caches it would then load the kernel it's self.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

@jsl strange as it's reported working on the 1700 version of the CPU. Anyway give this one a go,

Shaneee_10_13_3_OPEMU.zip

• Like 1

That's because the prelinkedkernel contains Bronya's kernel and loaded kexts when it was built. If you booted without caches it would then load the kernel it's self.

@jsl strange as it's reported working on the 1700 version of the CPU. Anyway give this one a go,

Thanks for this new kernel which worked at both 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 DB2 in FX-6300 but it can not boot to desktop at 10.13.3 in Ryzen 1700X hackintosh due to too many repeated errors as :

OPEMU: cmp dword [rbx], 0xfeedfacf

In FX-6300 CPU performance score by CineBench R15 at 10.13.4 DB2 was > 30% lower than at 10.13.3 which means there is some potential to fix or optimize it !

Thanks I will try it without caches and try to rebuild prelinked kernel.    

Update:   Using original Prelinked kernel and -f did not work I went back and loaded HS 13.3 on a spare SSD and used the prelinkedkernel and immutable kernel from that build and booted using -s which led a different error.

Max Turbostates unable to load/ IntelCPUMonitor failed to load kext.     

I reinstalled Pre kernel and immutable and was finally able to get it booted and now have WiFi and IOReg shows Shaneee kernel 17.4.   Safari works and everything else.     

Thanks Shaneee for this new kernel working pretty well finally in HS 13.4 beta 2

post-1753549-0-18914400-1518252048_thumb.png

@jsl test these kernels and system kext. 13.4 kernels 2.zip

• Like 2

Update:   Using original Prelinked kernel and -f did not work I went back and loaded HS 13.3 on a spare SSD and used the prelinkedkernel and immutable kernel from that build and booted using -s which led a different error.

I reinstalled Pre kernel and immutable and was finally able to get it booted and now have WiFi and IOReg shows Shaneee kernel 17.4.   Safari works and everything else.     

Thanks Shaneee for this new kernel working pretty well finally in HS 13.4 beta 2

attachicon.gifRyzen HS 13.4 IOReg Shaneee kernel.png

@jsl test these kernels and system kext. attachicon.gif13.4 kernels 2.zip

Thanks for this new kernel/prelinkedkernel/System.kext, but it can not boot to desktop due to error of IntelCPUMonitor in both FX-6300 & Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

Roll-back to previous prelinkedkernel can boot to desktop, but only Google Chrome working properly

How to fix it ?

Update: Using original Prelinked kernel and -f did not work I went back and loaded HS 13.3 on a spare SSD and used the prelinkedkernel and immutable kernel from that build and booted using -s which led a different error.

I reinstalled Pre kernel and immutable and was finally able to get it booted and now have WiFi and IOReg shows Shaneee kernel 17.4. Safari works and everything else.

Ryzen HS 13.4 IOReg Shaneee kernel.png

@jsl test these kernels and system kext. 13.4 kernels 2.zip

I want to try this on my ryzen build

Any luck for yours ?

My Ryzen 1700X and FX-6300 hackintosh all failed to boot to desktop at 10.13.4 DB2 (17E150g) with these new files.

It may be a FakeSMCkext compatibility error, a little research points to IvyBridge issue with FakeSMCkext.

Update:   I ran into the same issue and removed the Fakesmckext in Clover/Kexts/Other folder and no success.   Then I went to System/Library/Extensions folder and removed the SMCMonitorkext.    It booted, give it a try @jsl.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDweb0gpzZAhVLR6wKHcRlDMUQFghEMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F296460-amdcpumonitor-and-hwsensors-331%2F&usg=AOvVaw2fkGXRTzmlD0psKTk9yfdz

• Like 1

Any luck for yours ?

My Ryzen 1700X and FX-6300 hackintosh all failed to boot to desktop at 10.13.4 DB2 (17E150g) with these new files.

Give this one a go. I'm not even sure if it'll boot. This is for Ryzen only! Test on a different partition.

jsl.zip

• Like 2

It may be a FakeSMCkext compatibility error, a little research points to IvyBridge issue with FakeSMCkext.

Update:   I ran into the same issue and removed the Fakesmckext in Clover/Kexts/Other folder and no success.   Then I went to System/Library/Extensions folder and removed the SMCMonitorkext.    It booted, give it a try @jsl.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDweb0gpzZAhVLR6wKHcRlDMUQFghEMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F296460-amdcpumonitor-and-hwsensors-331%2F&usg=AOvVaw2fkGXRTzmlD0psKTk9yfdz

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.

But deleted SMCMonitorSensor.kext in /S/L/E did not fix this booting issue : hanged after showing IntelCPUMonitor: [Warning] .....

BTW did you rebuild prelinkedkernel in Intel hackintosh with Bronya's kernel at 10.13.4 DB2 (17E150g) or in AMD hackintosh at 10.13.3 ?

Because I can not rebuild prelinkedkernel at 10.13.4 DB2 in Intel hackintosh with bronya'a kernel yet.

Give this one a go. I'm not even sure if it'll boot. This is for Ryzen only! Test on a different partition.

Thanks for this new kernel which can not boot to desktop at both 10.13.3 & 10.13.4 DB2 yet in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh if prelinkedkernel contained IntelCPUMonitor Plugin (or SMCMonitorSensor.kext ? mentioned by Gigamaxx).

I was able to boot my ryzen build to 10.3.3 using these files that I’ve been using

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UZ5iVJ2C41MvsTRz4a0jQ-DtH24_4aQJ

Make sure to use kext utility or it won’t boot after. I have an intel machine so I update with that the replace all files with these then kext utility

• Like 1

I was able to boot my ryzen build to 10.3.3 using these files that I’ve been using

Make sure to use kext utility or it won’t boot after. I have an intel machine so I update with that the replace all files with these then kext utility

Did you replace or merge these Frameworks files ?

I have no issue to boot 10.13.3 at all and looking for any solution to boot 10.13.4 DB2 in Ryzen 1700X or FX-6300 hackintosh.

Have you solved it ?

I have no issue to boot 10.13.3 at all and looking for any solution to boot 10.13.4 DB2 in Ryzen 1700X or FX-6300 hackintosh.

Have you solved it ?

We need to find the IntelCPUMonitorkext fix, when you used the files I sent you did it boot most of the way and end up with gIOscreenlock and IntelCPUMonitorkext error?    It seems to pass everything else but gets hung up at this point.

Maybe @Slice would know about the IntelCPUMonitor issue and if there is a way to disable it in Clover?    It could be Apple security measures for the Spectre and Meltdown bugs which re aimed at Intel CPUs which apple uses exclusively for OS.

It has been very hard to get it to boot and there needs to be a fix if we are going to advance into newer versions of High Sierra with AMD CPUs.    

post-1753549-0-95801100-1518371859_thumb.jpg

I don't want to create a kernel ! There is no desire and the problem situation . Sorry. 

This is a big lost for the community. :(  Bronya is the original kernel genius that made ryzen CPUs compatible with MacOS. I will miss his work. His kernel always worked flawlessly for me. Sad day. Спасибо, мой друг !

• Like 3

We need to find the IntelCPUMonitorkext fix, when you used the files I sent you did it boot most of the way and end up with gIOscreenlock and IntelCPUMonitorkext error?    It seems to pass everything else but gets hung up at this point.

Maybe @Slice would know about the IntelCPUMonitor issue and if there is a way to disable it in Clover?    It could be Apple security measures for the Spectre and Meltdown bugs which re aimed at Intel CPUs which apple uses exclusively for OS.

It has been very hard to get it to boot and there needs to be a fix if we are going to advance into newer versions of High Sierra with AMD CPUs.    

attachicon.gifIntelCPUIMonitor.jpg

The kext will only be loaded if it's present in the EFI kext folder, S/L/E or if it was present in S/L/E when the prelinkedkernel was generated.

Also if you and @jsl could give this kernel a go, Thanks.

Kernel.zip

• Like 2

The kext will only be loaded if it's present in the EFI kext folder, S/L/E or if it was present in S/L/E when the prelinkedkernel was generated.

Also if you and @jsl could give this kernel a go, Thanks.

I will try removing lily, Voodoohda and fakesmckext in clover other folder, If IntelCPUMonitor is in S/L/E then it is hidden in other kexts as its not openly present.

Possible it's a plugin inside FakeSMC.

Its not a problem for 13.3 so I'm guessing its a part of 13.4 and it only happens using the original relinked kernel.    If I use praline kernel from a Bronya build it boots fine with no error but there is no wifi, its odd.