AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

I’m on beta 5 since the public release. Vega Geekbench Compute finally went back up to 180,000 from 160,000 in public release.

What?  They made it slower!

Cinema 4D R18.020 057 has been successfully installed to run!

In AMD Ryzen macOS High Sierra10.13 above! Need to delete a dylib file!

OpenGL root context initialized

Vendor        : NVIDIA Corporation (2)

Renderer      : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OpenGL Engine

OpenGL version: 4.1 NVIDIA-10.25.28 378.10.10.10.15.121

Driver version: Unknown

OpenGL root context initialized

Vendor        : VMware, Inc. (5)

Renderer      : OSMesa - Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.9, 128 bits)

OpenGL version: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.0.3 (git-)

Driver version: 11.0.3 (git-)

LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: intrinsic %llvm.x86.sse41.pblendvb

MacOSException::PortListener: exception received, running on thread port 11523

MacOSException::PortListener: calling exc_server

catch_mach_exception_raise: Enter for thread 775, currently port 259

CatchExceptionRaise: Enter for thread 775, currently port 11523

CatchExceptionRaise: Examine exception for thread 775

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Get thread list

MacOSException::GetThreadList

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend running threads

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Do not suspend crashed thread with threadId 0

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend thread 5635 with threadId 1

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend thread 6147 with threadId 2

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend thread 5891 with threadId 3

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend thread 7427 with threadId 4

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Do not suspend myself 11523 with threadId 5

MacOSException::SuspendAllThreads: Suspend thread 30827 with threadId 6

This  Gallium llvmpipe driver has lots of sse41.  Good for sse41 emulation opcode testing!

The first 3 betas prior to 10.13 public release the Vega card did 180,000 after beta 5-6 just before the public release the scores dropped by 20,000 points in Geekbench Compute. I would go back to my beta 3 disk and get High scores. I’ve tested every beta since the High Sierra release and now it’s back to a reasonable score. The public release continued with lower scores but the post release developer beta 4-5 scores it came up again.

How did you update to 10.13.1? If you dont mind..:)

I downloaded the installer form AppStore. And made a USB installer using the modified script. It worked first try. If you follow the beginning and change the Terminal command from macOS\ High\ Sierra.app. To macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta,app

Same procedure add the download to applications folder and follow the USB installer guide. You can also use a clone, I can switch between my Ryzen, i5 6500, and my pentium. If I remove my Clover and Boot folders from EFI I can even boot into my MacBook 6.1. 4 Systems on the same disk, just a matter of adjusting clover boot screen manager settings, except for the MacBook that requires removing clover from the EFI partition.

• Like 1

The first stage will be restarted after the installation, and then enter the Terminal command, replace and modify the two files:      prelinkedkernel   &   com.apple.Boot.plist,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel Cache</key>

<string>/.IABootFiles/prelinkedkernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>root-dmg=file:///Install%20macOS%20High%20Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Was able to update to 10.13.1 via appstore update method. Make sure you have your USB installer handy. "I used XCiLNZ's method installer" Works great. Run the update from the appstore and when it reboots the first time be sure to boot to your USB installer. Go through the "PreInstall process to replace the prelinked kernel and reboot" Then boot to your "Install Mac OS "Your hard drive". Let it do its thing and on the second reboot, Go back to your USB installer. Now go through the "PostInstall process" Choose which method works the best for your layout. Boot into "Your Hard drive" this time. Once rebooted you need to disable all Nvidia Web drivers in clover, I removed all Nvidia kexts also in clover/kexts/other. Loaded up like a new install :)

I tried your method and works fine. Thanks! 

How do you know make scripts "pre" and "post"? Is there any documentation about this?

check the video description for the GUIDE link.

https://youtu.be/ydHyAmxPb_Y

UPDATE : To install supplemental updates by from App Store on HS :

- Install the update from App Store and hit restart (and it will start installing the update)

- Then insert your HS USB and boot to it . Then open terminal and run the pre command (as shown in the above video)

- Restart back to clover boot menu and select "Boot Install macOS from <Your-HS-Disk-Name> and boot to it to continue to installation.

- when done ! again boot to USB and open terminal and type the post command (as shown in the above video)

- Restart back to clover boot menu and select "Boot macOS from <Your-HS-Disk-Name> and proceed to boot .

AIN026lIQHWS5aU0ylisew.png

UPDATE-2 : I made a another new tutorial on installing 10.13 using AMDHS_Installer (Pre-made by me):

It also includes my new setup script . which you can you use to setup your macOS like performing pre and post install easily , install usb fix (all or individually ) , remove installed usb fix , repair permissions (whole drive) etc.

Just type " xlnc " to start the setup script and from there choose your options.

https://youtu.be/OXcW_zAk0WE

• Like 4

Review on macOS 10.13.1 :

i79jAQmNRceZl8YUZwHGig.png

- I tried the Bronya 10.13 kernel on macOS 10.13.1 and it works .
- The good news is nvidia users now don't need Lilu.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to prevent IOConsoleUser lock screen error loop after installing Nvidia web drivers

- The bad news is you still need Lilu.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to load the Nvidia web drivers at boot or else without it the system boots with  OSX Default Graphics Drivers.
- Benchmark scores are almost same .
- UI is smooth and boot speed is now faster than before.
- Sound works ( VoodooHDA.kext)
- Ethernet works ( RealtekRTL8111.kext )
​- USB ports works ( just need DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext and USBinfo fix )
- Shutdown and Restart works perfectly 
- Sleep doesnt work . (Goes to instant restart on wake )

• Like 2

Review on macOS 10.13.1 :

i79jAQmNRceZl8YUZwHGig.png

- I tried the Bronya 10.13 kernel on macOS 10.13.1 and it works .

- The good news is nvidia users now don't need Lilu.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to prevent IOConsoleUser lock screen error loop after installing Nvidia web drivers

- The bad news is you still need Lilu.kext and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to load the Nvidia web drivers at boot or else without it the system boots with  OSX Default Graphics Drivers.

- Benchmark scores are almost same .

- UI is smooth and boot speed is now faster than before.

- Sound works ( VoodooHDA.kext)

- Ethernet works ( RealtekRTL8111.kext )

​- USB ports works ( just need DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext and USBinfo fix )

- Shutdown and Restart works perfectly 

- Sleep doesnt work . (Goes to instant restart on wake )

Please tell about USBinfo fix (search in topic shows only the post about 10.13.1 update with 10.13 kernel and no detailed information)

What info you fixed and where? Does Usb 3.0 ports work with vanilla XHCI driver or your need GenericUSBxHCI.kext?

Please tell about USBinfo fix (search in topic shows only the post about 10.13.1 update with 10.13 kernel and no detailed information)

What info you fixed and where? Does Usb 3.0 ports work with vanilla XHCI driver or your need GenericUSBxHCI.kext?

by USBinfo fix i meant these files : VDC.plugin and SPUSBReporter.spreporter ( without these incorrect usb information is shown ).

and for me i just need DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext to make my USB 3.0 ports work . ( no GenericUSBXHCI.kext and DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext are used )

USB.zip

• Like 2

How to modify xnu source for "gIOScreenLockState 3" ?

I do not believe IntelGraphicsFixup
Because it's useless
bug still exists

THX
:)

I assume you mean the IOConsoleUser message? This isn't kernel related. It's happening on Intel systems too with older Nvidia GPUs like mine.

I guess, This seems like some kind of verification.

Like a signature and the like

Enable QE/CI on OS X 10.12

The message is: AMFI: allowing exception handler for `WindowServer` (xxx) because SIP is disabled.

Enable QE/CI on OS X 10.12.6 / 10.13

The message is: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

This should all be the same question.

• Like 1

check the video description for the GUIDE link.

I checked the guide but I didn't see any reference about the pre and post script. My question is, Why we need this scripts and How I can know how to make this?

Thanks in advice!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

I checked the guide but I didn't see any reference about the pre and post script. My question is, Why we need this scripts and How I can know how to make this?

Thanks in advice!

The scripts inject the prelinked kernel and kernel during the install process. Without these the installer will stop becuase of kernel panic or failure to load kernel. There are also some other fixes in the scripts like disabling certain kexts etc.....

• Like 1

Bronya kernel works with High Sierra beta 10.13.2 replacing the 17.3 kernel.    However I must use -liluoff to get past black screen and RX 480 lists as display 7mb.   I will try to update to latest lil and whatever green kexts and update findings.

Update:  With latest lilu and Whatevergreen kexts RX 480 is working with acceleration.

post-1753549-0-23536400-1509727269_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-39571500-1509727281_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thanks in advice!

pre-install command :

/Volumes/Image\ Volume/PreInstall/pre

post-install command :

/Volumes/Image\ Volume/PostInstall/post

And if you dont need the usbfix then instead of above post-install type this: (aka post-install without usbfix)

/Volumes/Image\ Volume/PostInstall/kernel_kext_install_only