AMD CPU High Sierra AMD

• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

ricoc90

ricoc90

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 666 posts

Great job, Shaneee! A note to anyone unfamiliar with APFS, HIgh Sierra auto loads for APFS when using a nand tech or SSD, HFS+ is default for HDD or mechanical drives. You have to specify for HFS in terminal when loading/updating from Sierra for SSD builds the option is no longer available in the loading windows. For APFS mode booting we need to have the ApfsEFI driver in Clover "Drivers64EFI" folder.

ApfsEFI has to be extracted from the installer Basedmg folder in usr standalone i386 folder.

Normally you could use the startosinstall command and pass --converttoapfs NO to it to prevent APFS convertion.

However to my understanding this method doesn't work for AMD systems because you'd need to replace the kernel, so alternatively you could change FFM: http://www.insanelym...erra/?p=2471719

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,281 posts
Duran, My modified version of your previous one still works. Just need to update the files. I can do that tomorrow.

fagneroliveira

fagneroliveira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Here you go guys. I'm still having issues with the graphics but it might not be the kernel. No Ryzen support added I'm afraid. 

with your kernel Shaneee

the driver of Nvidia  10.13  give me a black screen  after install 

Attached Files

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,281 posts

with your kernel Shaneee

the driver of Nvidia 10.13 give me a black screen after install

What install method did you use?

fagneroliveira

fagneroliveira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i have one notebook with intel processor , I instal high Sierra 

I installed highsierra on an intel notebook, after seeing  your  kernel I got it and put it in my pc amd fx8350 to see if it worked.
now I'm trying to boot from the installer

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,281 posts

i have one notebook with intel processor , I instal high Sierra

I installed highsierra on an intel notebook, after seeing your kernel I got it and put it in my pc amd fx8350 to see if it worked.
now I'm trying to boot from the installer

Ahh ok. I couldn't get installer to run so ran it directly from Sierra but I think it got corrupt that way. My Intel machine doesn't support it unfortunately.

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Here you go guys. I'm still having issues with the graphics but it might not be the kernel. No Ryzen support added I'm afraid.

will try this on my apu

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

with your kernel Shaneee

the driver of Nvidia  10.13  give me a black screen  after install 

what bootloader did u use?enoch/clover?

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Thanks for this new kernel which can not login to desktop in FX-6300 hackintosh because of too many OPEMU errors during booting by Enoch/Bronya.

Using previously working Intel partition of 10.13GM(17A365) and replaced it in /System/Library/Kernels, then repair permission & rebuilt prelinkedkernel.

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 950 posts

Made a new one that builds libfirehose_kernel.a from source. (read the comments on the builder)

Do I need to add a dev path in local?   Its moving along through most of steps without errors until the end.    Ryzen 7 1700 using Sierra 12,5.

Attached Files

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,281 posts

Made a new one that builds libfirehose_kernel.a from source. (read the comments on the builder)

Didn't complete on my system. 10.12.6 with Xcode 9. My build script has the libdispatch already complied and just installs to the relevant place.

2017-09-30 11:00:46.580 xcodebuild[21465:46871]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport/IDEXcode3ProjectSupport-13203/Xcode3Core/LegacyProjects/Frameworks/DevToolsCore/DevToolsCore/BuildSystem/Runtime/PBXTargetBuildContext.mm:757
Details:  unexpected successful exit code from cancelled command <C0009:'PBXCp tsd.h':P6>
Object:   <PBXTargetBuildContext: 0x7ff0904a60f0>
Method:   -createCommandInvocationRecordFromInvocation:
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7ff09079d670>{number = 14, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
** INSTALL HEADERS FAILED **

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

-Made a bootable High Sierra usb .

-Placed your kernel
-used chameleon as the bootloader.
-And when at initial boot to usb, it throws some OPEMU error.

https://streamable.com/8a8yh

ydeng

ydeng

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Do I need to add a dev path in local?   Its moving along through most of steps without errors until the end.    Ryzen 7 1700 using Sierra 12,5.

kernel header is not installed properly for firehose.  This https://github.com/P...-16.5_3789.51.2should still work to build firehose first.

-Made a bootable High Sierra usb .

-Placed your kernel
-used chameleon as the bootloader.
-And when at initial boot to usb, it throws some OPEMU error.

https://streamable.com/8a8yh

That's a legit x86 instruction.  The warning says ip (instruction pointer) is not valid.

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

kernel header is not installed properly for firehose.  This https://github.com/P...-16.5_3789.51.2should still work to build firehose first.

That's a legit x86 instruction.  The warning says ip (instruction pointer) is not valid.

ok how can i fix it / proceed then ?

ydeng

ydeng

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

ok how can i fix it / proceed then ?

Something is seriously wrong.  You can make another USB and try agaib just to rule out corrupt data on USB.

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Something is seriously wrong.  You can make another USB and try agaib just to rule out corrupt data on USB.

How do u make your osx usb installer ?

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 950 posts

I'm getting a CPU error?    

I'm getting a CPU Number error?    

Attached Files

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

re-created the high sierra bootable usb but still no luck ,
it throws the same OPEMU error continously . 

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 950 posts

re-created the high sierra bootable usb but still no luck ,
it throws the same OPEMU error continously .

Have you tried a copied version os High Sierra and adding the kernel to it? Do you have a Intel system that can load High Sierra or a Mac that you can copy a disk from?

XCiLNZ

XCiLNZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Have you tried a copied version os High Sierra and adding the kernel to it? Do you have a Intel system that can load High Sierra or a Mac that you can copy a disk from?

nope !
i dont have any intel system , though may be i can find a intel laptop .
so basically i have to install hs on a intel pc then move its HDD that to an AMD system and use the Shaneee HS kernel on it , right ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AMD CPU, High Sierra AMD

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy