macOS Sierra 10.12.6 final is out.

gengik84

98 posts in this topic

What is brand name of gt 710? Its very chip in korea.

I hope father's desktop change 8600gt to gt 710.

OOB working without any setting?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

xcpm_bootstrap - Ivy Bridge © Pike R. Alpha

83c3c483fb22

83c3c683fb22

10.12.x

xcpm_bootstrap - Ivy Bridge © Pike R. Alpha

8d43c483f822

8d43c683f822

Here. Only changed xcpm_bootstrap on 10.12.6.

EDIT1. i will check Reboot patch

EDIT2. reboot patch is same like 10.12.5

I have apply xcpm_bootstrap 10.12.6 to config and reboot, it's kernel panic

CPU Intel Petinum G4560 (mac version: 10.12.6)

EDIT1: I remove xcpm_idle_reboot, it's working 

I have apply xcpm_bootstrap 10.12.6 to config and reboot, it's kernel panic

CPU Intel Petinum G4560 (mac version: 10.12.6)

EDIT1: I remove xcpm_idle_reboot, it's working

Yeah, you used ivy bridge id.

I will search to correct skylakr id(my cpu g4500) with hwp.

Yet i cant test.

I have applied xcpm_bootstrap 10.12.6 but cpu frequency after update is stucked at high value ( in my case 3.2ghz...i've xeon unsupported cpu)

Here is my config.plist screenshot

You need to update your frequency vectors to get the full array of P-States available for your CPU.  Use Pike R. Alpha's freqVectorsEdit script.  To see if you have frequency vector support, you can run this code in Terminal:

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

If it returns the number 1, you have frequency vector support but if it returns the number 0, you do not.

• Like 1

You need to update your frequency vectors to get the full array of P-States available for your CPU.  Use Pike R. Alpha's freqVectorsEdit script.  To see if you have frequency vector support, you can run this code in Terminal:

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

If it returns the number 1, you have frequency vector support but if it returns the number 0, you do not.

I find the mistake....i've multiple config.plist so clover read always the old one even if i selected the new. Now it works

Try the following kernel patch for a x99  10.12.6 system

old:         find:             83c3c483 fb22

replace:       83c3c183 fb22

xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha

new:       find:             8d43c483 f822

replace:       8d43c183 f822

xcpm bootstrap  derived from Pike R. Alpha's Ivy Bridge patch

This fixed my Haswell-E   xpm  issue !

• Like 2

Thank you Zebulon for sharing the config.plist. I am upgrading from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. Had to also remove the ssdt.aml that was previously generated by ssdtprgen.sh to stop the auto-reboot during boot up. Didn't have to re-generate another ssdt.aml. 

Hey I have a dumb question: Using sucessfully 10.12.4 and a working clover config. Strangely the combo updater does not work. Can I now download the full sierra package and over-install directly with the "install macos" app?

I believe you can do that, but since you already have a problem with installing macOS Combo Update it might result in the same error as well. Make sure you have a backup of your data before re-installing the macOS just in case.

• Like 1

It is very good

I have a no extreme version patched @ extreme via nvflash.

Perfect.

As always Webdriver for OS X are not optimized very well for OpenCL but this gfx is a beast! :-)

It is a beast indeed :)

• 2 weeks later...

All good on my side  :yes:

Off-topic: I have this weird issue on both Sierra and High Sierra that the software updater keeps spamming the Thunderbolt 1.2 update. Any idea how I can get rid of it?

See image: http://i.imgur.com/Ls3G4iw.png

Off-Topic:

I have found another easy way to hide the unwanted updates.

Open AppStore, Click updates and right click just right on comments of the update that you want to hide and select "Hide Update"

post-1011040-0-52711100-1502228310_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

How many "partitions" should a fresh install create?

Mine created 3 boot macOS from macOS Sierra, boot macOS from Recovery HD and boot Recovery from Recovery HD. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How many "partitions" should a fresh install create?

Mine created 3 boot macOS from macOS Sierra, boot macOS from Recovery HD and boot Recovery from Recovery HD. Is this normal?

Usually it creates two partitions one for macOS and one for Recovery. Sometimes I get three partitions one for Install macOS Sierra from HDD which will be automatically deleted once the installation is complete and the other two are macOS HDD and the Recovery HDD.

If you have more than one recovery HD that's probably because you only erased the macOS HD not the whole HDD.

• Like 1

Usually it creates two partitions one for macOS and one for Recovery. Sometimes I get three partitions one for Install macOS Sierra from HDD which will be automatically deleted once the installation is complete and the other two are macOS HDD and the Recovery HDD.

If you have more than one recovery HD that's probably because you only erased the macOS HD not the whole HDD.

And what would someone do if after the install and 8 reboots they still have 3 entries?