[Guide] macOS Sierra on ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LN

SavageAUS

16 posts in this topic

Guide for installing macOS Sierra on the ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LN

This is not an in depth guide so some pieces may be missing, please feel free to comment.

Disclaimer

I take no responsibility for any damage this may do or for the loss of any data.

Only use my DSDT and SSDT’s if your system is exactly the same as mine otherwise remove them and create your own. 

Location - /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

My Laptop specifications are:

Processor Intel Haswell Core i7-4510U CPU

Chipset Intel HM87

Memory 8 GB DDR3

Video integrated Intel 4400 HD (*Nvidia GT 840M for the TP500LN version)

Connectivity Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H WiFi + BT, REALTEK RTL8111/8168/8411

AUDIO ALC3236 / ALC233

The final product will be a fully working HackBook.

Nvidia GT 840m disabled by DSDT.

To begin you of course need to download macOS Sierra from the mac app store either from a working hack, vm or a real mac.

I used the createinstallmedia method to copy the files to an 8Gb USB drive.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Once you have done that you will need to install the latest version of clover bootloader to the USB drive.

https://sourceforge..../cloverefiboot/

My clover folder contains my patched DSDT and SSDT's and Kexts for this hack to work.

1. Installing CLOVER to the USB
1a. Choose install for UEFI booting only and install Clover to the esp.
1b. Choose your theme. Ive used BGM in Config.plist, Your choice if you wish to install the CloverThemeManager.app.

1c. Under Driver64UEFI select only CsmVideoDxe-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

1d. Install RC scripts on the target volume.

1e. Install Clover Preference Pane.

1f. Install Clover.

1g. While the EFI partition is mounted (if you cannot see the EFI partition on your desktop click Finder -> Preferences -> Check box for Hard disks) copy my attached Clover folder to the USB’s EFI folder and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder, you will need to regenerate a serial number for the MacBook Pro 11,1 smbios.

2. Booting and installation

2a. Insert the USB into a USB 2.0 port and using the esc key launch the boot selection menu.

2b. Choose the UEFI USB drive you just created and press space bar.

2c. Using the arrow keys scroll down and select boot verbose, just in case any errors occur.

2d. Once you reach the OS X installer screen choose disk utilities and select the drive / partition you wish to install OS X on and format it.

2e. Exit out of disk utilities and install OS X.

2f. Wait until your system reboots, press the esc key to select booting from the USB drive to continue the installation.

2g. After the final reboot and booting via the USB again you will now get the option to boot Mac OS X from the hard drive installation, do so.

3. Final steps

3a. Complete the initial setup skipping the keyboard setup as it does not get detected properly.

3b. Install Clover bootloader to your hard drive following the same settings as earlier.

3c. Copy attached CLOVER folder and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder to the EFI (It will appear on desktop after installing Clover) folder on the HDD.

3d. Install the kexts from the CLOVER > kexts > other folder in to S/L/E with your favourite installer, i use Kext Utility.

3e. Remove your USB drive now if you have not done so and reboot.

3f. Press the esc key to choose your new macOS install and boot, alternatively choose to enter bios and set clover as first bios boot.

3g. If all is done right you should have a fully functional hackbook.

CLOVER.zip

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Did you have problems with the Intel Graphic HD4400 to install the High Sierra?

The configuration of my notebook is similar to yours, however from the beta 4 I am facing problems in the initialization of the installer.

No, no problems at all. The graphics works fine. If your having installation problems update your version of clover.

If you need help post your clover folder minus serial numbers in config.plist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No, no problems at all. The graphics works fine. If your having installation problems update your version of clover.

If you need help post your clover folder minus serial numbers in config.plist.

Thanks.

I'm using the latest version of clover 4173.

In Sierra 10.12.6 the graphic works perfectly, but from the High Sierra 10.13 beta 4 I have a boot problem:

post-701951-0-46254700-1503358764_thumb.jpg

I noticed that during the boot process the Sierra presents:
IOGraphics flags 0x43

However in the High Sierra it is shown:

IOGraphics flags 0x43 (0x51)

I do not know if this detail can indicate any problem.

Thanks.

I'm using the latest version of clover 4173.

In Sierra 10.12.6 the graphic works perfectly, but from the High Sierra 10.13 beta 4 I have a boot problem:

I noticed that during the boot process the Sierra presents:
IOGraphics flags 0x43

However in the High Sierra it is shown:

IOGraphics flags 0x43 (0x51)

I do not know if this detail can indicate any problem.

Try adding in these kexts from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0527.zip

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Thanks but continuous with the same problem.

I did the test of using your config.plist but continues with the same problem.

I dont use the FakeSMC sensor kexts so unsure if they would cause an issue.

Have you tried disabling this?

<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQAAdSU=</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQAA6yU=</data>
</dict>
</plist>

Also here is latest Clover

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztf3njemra0h55p/Clover_v2.4k_r4182.pkg?dl=0

I dont use the FakeSMC sensor kexts so unsure if they would cause an issue.

Have you tried disabling this?

<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQAAdSU=</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQAA6yU=</data>
</dict>
</plist>

Also here is latest Clover

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztf3njemra0h55p/Clover_v2.4k_r4182.pkg?dl=0

I installed the Clover 4182 and I removed unnecessary kexts.

Now essential kexts:

FakePCIID.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Lilu.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I added in config.plist:

post-701951-0-52881700-1503366703_thumb.png

Continuous with the same problem.

I installed the Clover 4182 and I removed unnecessary kexts.

Now essential kexts:

FakePCIID.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Lilu.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I added in config.plist:

attachicon.gifCaptura de Tela 2017-08-21 às 22.58.22.png

Continuous with the same problem.

Replace your whole clover folder with this one and try.

Intel8051CLOVER.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pls help!

I have asus x555l laptop with i3 hasswell and x555la motherboard.Rest is same expect wificard.

So i need to patch dsdt and ssdt's again?

Do dsdt and ssdt differ to motherboards?

Yes you will need to patch your DSDT and SSDT's. Yes they are different for each computer. If you need help post your origin folder (f4 in clover menu) and tell me what needs patching.

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2017 at 5:41 PM, SavageAUS said:

Guide for installing macOS Sierra on the ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LN

This is not an in depth guide so some pieces may be missing, please feel free to comment.

Disclaimer

I take no responsibility for any damage this may do or for the loss of any data.

Only use my DSDT and SSDT’s if your system is exactly the same as mine otherwise remove them and create your own. 

Location - /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

My Laptop specifications are:

Processor Intel Haswell Core i7-4510U CPU

Chipset Intel HM87

Memory 8 GB DDR3

Video integrated Intel 4400 HD (*Nvidia GT 840M for the TP500LN version)

Connectivity Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H WiFi + BT, REALTEK RTL8111/8168/8411

AUDIO ALC3236 / ALC233

The final product will be a fully working HackBook.

Nvidia GT 840m disabled by DSDT.

To begin you of course need to download macOS Sierra from the mac app store either from a working hack, vm or a real mac.

I used the createinstallmedia method to copy the files to an 8Gb USB drive.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Once you have done that you will need to install the latest version of clover bootloader to the USB drive.

https://sourceforge..../cloverefiboot/

My clover folder contains my patched DSDT and SSDT's and Kexts for this hack to work.

1. Installing CLOVER to the USB
1a. Choose install for UEFI booting only and install Clover to the esp.
1b. Choose your theme. Ive used BGM in Config.plist, Your choice if you wish to install the CloverThemeManager.app.

1c. Under Driver64UEFI select only CsmVideoDxe-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

1d. Install RC scripts on the target volume.

1e. Install Clover Preference Pane.

1f. Install Clover.

1g. While the EFI partition is mounted (if you cannot see the EFI partition on your desktop click Finder -> Preferences -> Check box for Hard disks) copy my attached Clover folder to the USB’s EFI folder and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder, you will need to regenerate a serial number for the MacBook Pro 11,1 smbios.

2. Booting and installation

2a. Insert the USB into a USB 2.0 port and using the esc key launch the boot selection menu.

2b. Choose the UEFI USB drive you just created and press space bar.

2c. Using the arrow keys scroll down and select boot verbose, just in case any errors occur.

2d. Once you reach the OS X installer screen choose disk utilities and select the drive / partition you wish to install OS X on and format it.

2e. Exit out of disk utilities and install OS X.

2f. Wait until your system reboots, press the esc key to select booting from the USB drive to continue the installation.

2g. After the final reboot and booting via the USB again you will now get the option to boot Mac OS X from the hard drive installation, do so.

3. Final steps

3a. Complete the initial setup skipping the keyboard setup as it does not get detected properly.

3b. Install Clover bootloader to your hard drive following the same settings as earlier.

3c. Copy attached CLOVER folder and overwrite the existing CLOVER folder to the EFI (It will appear on desktop after installing Clover) folder on the HDD.

3d. Install the kexts from the CLOVER > kexts > other folder in to S/L/E with your favourite installer, i use Kext Utility.

3e. Remove your USB drive now if you have not done so and reboot.

3f. Press the esc key to choose your new macOS install and boot, alternatively choose to enter bios and set clover as first bios boot.

3g. If all is done right you should have a fully functional hackbook.

CLOVER.zip

Hi

Sorry newbie here. Is it still relevant guide for Mojave as well.? As I can't find Sierra installer any more!

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Sorry newbie here. Is it still relevant guide for Mojave as well.? As I can't find Sierra installer any more!

Thanks in advance.

Yes still relevant for Mojave & Catalina. Just update clover and kexts to latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk